Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Ultimate Aggressive Wheel Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdmoinku

Dude looks like you have more rear camber than the front You are low too mid sharing what suspension setup you have and what suspension? Also Love the look man
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
moar tarmac black evo's
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
^ I'll oblige...

18x9.5 Rotas with a -20 offset on 275/35 tires. Suspension is Tanabe GF210s on stock shocks.

Wheel is off my buddy's Evo X... was in the middle of pulling my blown FPRed and decided it would be a brilliant idea to do a test fit. Doesn't rub with people in the backseat but would most likely rub actually driving around hitting bumps and ****.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; Aug 14, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmoinku
Definitely worth it. hahah.

I never updated with my newer setup(225/40/18, +5mm spacers for +15 offset), which is getting ditched for something a bit more aggressive. We can't all ball like stunnrstatus!! CCW = 2sexy

Beautiful!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow.. that looks amazing!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=bchappy;8579294]
Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Moar pics. No, the car isn't hellaflush and its not raised to fit the wheels either. It's corner balanced and if I changed the ride height it would handle worse. I went more for hellafunctional than flush, criticism is welcome though. Spring rates: Front 14kg/mm Rear 16kg/mm. -2.00 camber in the front -1.50 in the rear.

I am sorry to be a naysayer but who corner balanced your car!?
I really dont think they knew what they where doing.... Actually it looks like someone who thought they knew what they where doing. It seems what they tried to do was try to get as much weight on the rear by keeping the rear up like that to get a better F/R weight distribution going on. This doesnt work and will most likely just make the cars rear snappy and unpredictable.

Overall the rear could come down probably an full inch or more and the front a half an inch. The car as it sits is running way to much rake.
With those high spring rates you can actually run the car slightly lower as well because they will minimize body roll and thus minimize roll center movement and negative camber gain that arises with a lowered car.

edit: actually the fronts are about perfect after a second look the rear needs alot of work to take the rake out of the chassis.

I'm not going to get into a huge debate with you here, but your assumptions are far from the truth. We tested a few setups before ending up with this one. First off the wheel rates of the evo show that the spring rates should be stiffer in the rear. That said rake is also affected by offset and my offset is pretty low so to compensate caster was adjusted to fix both this and scrub radius. The rear isn't snappy at all and turn-in is incredible.

I don't want to start with a roll center below ground and if anything the stiffer spring rates affect roll moment which is also based off of the weights at each corner. Thus everyone on here wants a lower vehicle because they see "race cars" do it, well those cars also weigh hundreds of pounds less and thus run a completely different setup.

I have a feeling that you are completely speculating based off of the things you've seen on EvoM's race cars; and to the other I can easily tuck the rears in the rear fenders. I didn't do this to "just fit tire." so please take your assumptions back to your bench racing basement.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Blue evo looks great!!!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:18 PM

Name:  ccw6.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  82.8 KB
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:19 PM

Name:  ccw5.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  114.4 KB

I NEED HELP WITH PICKING A COLOR FOR THE CALIPERS!!! WHITE OR GOLD????
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

def not gold! did ccw do the color or a local shop for the wheels?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

white
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Carbon, beautiful bro and like wise to you JDMMionku.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:54 PM

most recent at hellaflush 7.31.10

[IMG]
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

1000x better with new lip
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Boostfiend;8582787]
Originally Posted by bchappy

I'm not going to get into a huge debate with you here, but your assumptions are far from the truth. We tested a few setups before ending up with this one. First off the wheel rates of the evo show that the spring rates should be stiffer in the rear. That said rake is also affected by offset and my offset is pretty low so to compensate caster was adjusted to fix both this and scrub radius. The rear isn't snappy at all and turn-in is incredible.

I don't want to start with a roll center below ground and if anything the stiffer spring rates affect roll moment which is also based off of the weights at each corner. Thus everyone on here wants a lower vehicle because they see "race cars" do it, well those cars also weigh hundreds of pounds less and thus run a completely different setup.

I have a feeling that you are completely speculating based off of the things you've seen on EvoM's race cars; and to the other I can easily tuck the rears in the rear fenders. I didn't do this to "just fit tire." so please take your assumptions back to your bench racing basement.
Nor am I going to debate with you as well. My car is not hellaflush low as well, I did enough settings and research on my own. This includes taking readings with tire pyrometers, measuring ride height changes at speed, testing different wheel spacers to achieve the scrub, roll center, and turn-in-steering feel that I wanted. Not to mention the norms such as alignments, spring rates, and dampening adjustment.
I am not going to fight with someone who is on a setup that is proven not to work. You do not have near enough front camber for semi competition or for that matter just a tracking day.
What tracks have you been on? What is your experience?
I was merely trying to help you out. I have results on my set-up(s) and that is known.
Take what you want from it. BTW you still didnt tell me who set it up.
With what you said above it really doesnt sound like what you are talking about except the already well known fact about the motion ratio of the rear suspension needing a higher spring rate to compensate. I have not read anywhere about a lower offset wheel requiring more chassis rake. Which way did you go with caster BTW?

Last edited by bchappy; Aug 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Aggressive Wheel Thread...