Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Ultimate Aggressive Wheel Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pull down your skirts girls.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by BuiltS13
Go do that and lets talk! Talk crap about my setup to be specific COOL! Point is I can unbolt and bolt new wheels and tires in 10 mins because I have wider tires/wheels. Do you have a fp black? can you set it up to make good numbers in 10 mins? No you just run big tires incase one day you make real power. Do I have a 6262 and a gt37r on both my evo's yes, do I put down good numbers and daily both cars? YUP

Really its not a big deal, you can take all the evo owners in the world and take any regular person with good taste in good looking cars no matter what car it is and I bet I have more people interested in any of my cars then yours so let that hate out!
What's the point of good power if you can't put it down with 215's? A car that rolls up to you when you're running your hellaflush rubber band set up, and you can't catch him because you get traction in 2nd or 3rd gear? Pointless power right? That's what I thought And don't come back at me saying "Oh, I don't race at random" because I am calling BS from right now
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joemflsxe
no, you owned yourself; Your pictures don't show anything significant, thanks.

Back on topic, 275's on 18x9.5 +27 NT03's (10mm spacer up front), proper photoshoot later next week after the car comes back from the bodyshop.

Looks Great! I would love to see more pictures of this setup
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by l888apex
What's the point of good power if you can't put it down with 215's? A car that rolls up to you when you're running your hellaflush rubber band set up, and you can't catch him because you get traction in 2nd or 3rd gear? Pointless power right? That's what I thought And don't come back at me saying "Oh, I don't race at random" because I am calling BS from right now
l888apex,
Builts13 has enough "untaxable" income to triple my regular salary. I'm sure if he wanted to build a 3rd evo that fits your definition of a perfect Evo... he probably could.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
How do those NOT hit the fender when you go over bumps?
Evodave fender mod up front with another 1/4" to come out if needed, rears are extremely close but still clear with my old alignment for 265's (-1.5 front, -1 rear).

Go do that and lets talk! Talk crap about my setup to be specific COOL! Point is I can unbolt and bolt new wheels and tires in 10 mins because I have wider tires/wheels. Do you have a fp black? can you set it up to make good numbers in 10 mins? No you just run big tires incase one day you make real power. Do I have a 6262 and a gt37r on both my evo's yes, do I put down good numbers and daily both cars? YUP

Really its not a big deal, you can take all the evo owners in the world and take any regular person with good taste in good looking cars no matter what car it is and I bet I have more people interested in any of my cars then yours so let that hate out!
Sorry chief but your mexi-flush ride would look extra-retarded next to most properly set up CT9A's. Honestly I was going to post a picture of your car next to some stout cars but there is no point, it's embarrassing.

Originally Posted by essjEVO
anyways back on topic, diggin' that setup! what color did u paint it? looks pearly
It's actually still Apex Silver, the bodyshop is just correcting some panel alignment and filling my trunk lid holes. I should have it back within the next few days.

Originally Posted by fqjdmct9a
Looks Great! I would love to see more pictures of this setup
For sure, I will post up a thread with exact specs and what was involved with fitment as soon as it gets all buttoned up this week.

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
l888apex,
Builts13 has enough "untaxable" income to triple my regular salary. I'm sure if he wanted to build a 3rd evo that fits your definition of a perfect Evo... he probably could.

Last edited by Joemflsxe; Mar 5, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Joemflsxe
Evodave fender mod up front with another 1/4" to come out if needed, rears are extremely close but still clear with my old alignment for 265's (-1.5 front, -1 rear).

Sorry chief but your mexi-flush ride would look extra-retarded next to most properly set up CT9A's. Honestly I was going to post a picture of your car next to some stout cars but there is no point, it's embarrassing.

It's actually still Apex Silver, the bodyshop is just correcting some panel alignment and filling my trunk lid holes. I should have it back within the next few days.

For sure, I will post up a thread with exactly specs and what was involved with fitment as soon as it gets all buttoned up this week.

damnit Joe, I kinda want to go 275's now....but its going to a B**ch to make them fit with my wheel setup!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
so much love in this thread......

mod's you can probably lock this thread now, it's nothing but heated debate
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Please stop the arguing in what could possibly be the best threads in the forum... don't get it locked on a pissing contest.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

anyways back on topic, diggin' that setup! what color did u paint it? looks pearly
i can't brotha, my evo got 295's on my 1000hp ego, i mean evo
Why don't you follow your own advice?

This argument really should die. It's always the same cycle: a generation of kids like "whats cool,"....they grow up....and the trend is replaced. Until then, let them think they're cool and don't waste your time explaining why making a sports car perform worse than a civic is silly. It'll click sooner or later.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l888apex

I don't have 215s so now you're just making up bs.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Wow.. for a second there I thought I logged onto purseforum.com with all the arguing

Originally Posted by fqjdmct9a
Looks great!

any specs on the wheels?
iirc we are both running the same wheel 18x10 +32

275's are nothing, I fit them without rolling on my red car. If you wanna be a real boss do it like "E/Terine" and fit 295s on stock body.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-frush-y0.html
really? Was your car lowered? My car was rubbing bad with 265's and got worse when I got the 275's but then again it's pretty low with little neg camber.

Originally Posted by ikikimo
So I too would like to know how much body work and camber it took to fit those 275's on those CCW's. Whats size is the wheel itself? TIA.
I rolled both the front and rear, pulled the rear a little and used the evodave fender mod (lowest setting) in the front. My camber is around -2.2
Old Mar 5, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hmsevo9mr
Sorry no baller status but here are My pics. Got them on a straight up trade with a member.

Who did you buy those form if you don't mind me asking. I had some gold DPT's and put the mitsu symbol in the middle and I swear I was the only one who did that. I sold them to someone in Cali I think.

Might be the same wheels.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 05:45 PM

the nt03 are the sex!!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

To those ppl that wanted to kill me for my comment, what I've said is my own opinion that is how I felt. I'm sorry few of you got butt hurt about it.
But be HONEST you guy think there is NOTHING wrong with this two car.
18x10 rim with 215 tire(17x8 with 235 stock oem).
And a built motor with fat *** turbo(big hp), but can't even take a corner, because the car is so slammed, it can't even go over speed bump.
I might not know much, but do I know this if you take something that is functional and turn it to something that is NOT=FAIL in my book.
I know some of you guy agree with me on this one....

back on the topic.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

For all you haters of stretched tires why don't you go ahead and ask the cyber evo why they run them. If I recall correctly and I do they have held the record until just recently.

And to the kids who think that you need to stay race ready all the time its only a matter of time till you hurt yourself or someone else. Im pretty sure that BuiltS-13 Has 2 Cars and more than one set of wheels. I am also pretty sure with his set up on the black car he has no intentions of racing every car with a loud exhaust. If you guys are serious racers you should all realize Fast And The Furious is just a movie. If your trying to race every car next to you you still haven't made it to the stage in your life when you realize sometimes its ok to just look good. Especially when everything he has done is completely reversible. Do you know his car will be making 500 hp soon....How many of you guys with huge tires can say that......Honestly This is why a lot of people just read our forum and not even bother to post. A car enthusiast would appreciate all cars in all aspects even if its not to your taste you have to admit its not easy to pull off what someone our board members on here do without a lot of work.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Aggressive Wheel Thread...