Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Ultimate Aggressive Wheel Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A-SPEC
On an Evo.....pretty mextastic.

Francis@aspec
You said mextastic …
Old Apr 5, 2007, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Another good point is that if you run a smaller tire like a 245/40/18, it helps as the extreme stretch of the sidewall will give you the angle you need to help clear the fender.

Francis@aspec
To me, that just defeats the purpose of having a 9.5" wheel....but I understand your post and I understand that some people are going for a certain look!!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

On an Evo.....pretty mextastic.

Francis@aspec
That's going a little too far...I don't think that at all about the GG evo. That's the wheel and car that forced my hand and pocket book
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cnoevo8
nowhere in the 1st page does it say you can run work cr kai's 18x9.5 w/o any modification at all that is just silly. look at how much those tires stick out of the rear fender of this GG.

I am refering to the post that said no modification at all.
F.Y.I. I have talked to jim at work USA, he knows the guy who ownes the gg w/ the 18x9.5" +20 cr kai's. He said he mounted the wheels, drove it out into the parking lot and took pix of it. That's it!

If you want these wheels, you will have to be willing to do the following:
1.roll or shave the rears within 1/16 of their life.
2. pull out the front fenders just a little bit.
3. adjust the camber on the rear.

I shold know, I have these wheels and thats what I had to do to get them to fit without rubbing at all (for the most part)
I have them too, Jim is referring to me. I drove the car for weeks with them on also. Now there with there happy new owner. If you did all of that, you worked way too hard I rolled the rears, and thats all.. did nothing to the front.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:24 PM

heres my evo. I LIKE IT!@!

IM NOT THE BEST PIC TAKER AT ALL, BUT THE LAST ONE WAS TAKEN BY A BUDDY OF MINE. EVERYONE LIKES IT!!!

Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
^^sick ride!! BTW what size wheels are those?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the NICEST pics i've ever seen...

got a hi-res version of it?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:11 PM

haha. the rims are rg-II

18 x 9 i dont remember the offset exactly...but i can find out....

the pic was taken by dan fisher. more to come.

the pics are also outdated. i have some more upgrades since...

Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

nice pics and nice car.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo-L
I have them too, Jim is referring to me. I drove the car for weeks with them on also. Now there with there happy new owner. If you did all of that, you worked way too hard I rolled the rears, and thats all.. did nothing to the front.
I tried that and... rub-a-dub-dub around hard corners all day long, so I did the other things. FYI, the front took about 2 min of pulling, not that hard of work!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by cnoevo8
I tried that and... rub-a-dub-dub around hard corners all day long, so I did the other things. FYI, the front took about 2 min of pulling, not that hard of work!
I am Riley @ RijoEngineering and designed the fitment on the GG, the problem lies in the person who sold you the setup and the tires sold/etc. the problem with some sellers is they take other peoples ideas (i.e. mine) and they just sell the wheels and dont know the details put into the setup. the biggest concern on ANY car is the tires because as we all know the tires are what rub or dont rub and not the wheels so instead of focusing on offset you focus on a tire that gives you everything you need, width, perfect sidewall shape, traction and lastly treadlife.

the above car only had the rear fenders rolled, and not pulled. some people were seeing reflections in certain pics and making comments such as "mextastic" but orlando people who have seen the car driving know the fitment sat inside the fender. and their was no rubbing whatsoever on the car, and it was slammed.

Dont worry guys, with the new set of wheels coming for the GG (Evo-L) we will be seeing around 5" of lip on the back of the Evo. without rubbing and with minimal mods. and i will becoming a vendor to sell them so that other vendors do not try and steal the idea and then skip the important steps as in reccomending the best tires.. or if the buyer already has a brand/model/size in mind i can change the offsets/widths to reflect a perfect fitment on their car given the mods done to their car.

ive worked wonders on the S2000 forum, some of you guys already know me.. and i plan to work wonders on the Evo Forum as well. we currently have S2000/Evo/TL fitments mastered and getting a shop G35 soon as well as a new civic Si.. and maybe in the summer an Elise might appear as well.

thanks for taking the time to read guys, if your going to buy an agressive setup please make sure to buy from someone who understand the geometry of the car 110% so they can tell you exactly what needs to be done so u dont end up like the guy above who bought them from someone who had no clue and then he had to complain about all the mods he had to do because they suggested the wrong tires to run or didnt suggest a tire to run at all. BTW to Aspec.. u dont need 245's and u dont need a stretch to make them work ;-)

-Riley

Last edited by rijowysock; Apr 6, 2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

You've got PM Riley. Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by rijowysock
I am Riley @ RijoEngineering and designed the fitment on the GG, the problem lies in the person who sold you the setup and the tires sold/etc. the problem with some sellers is they take other peoples ideas (i.e. mine) and they just sell the wheels and dont know the details put into the setup. the biggest concern on ANY car is the tires because as we all know the tires are what rub or dont rub and not the wheels so instead of focusing on offset you focus on a tire that gives you everything you need, width, perfect sidewall shape, traction and lastly treadlife.

the above car only had the rear fenders rolled, and not pulled. some people were seeing reflections in certain pics and making comments such as "mextastic" but orlando people who have seen the car driving know the fitment sat inside the fender. and their was no rubbing whatsoever on the car, and it was slammed.

Dont worry guys, with the new set of wheels coming for the GG (my Performance Tech's Car (Evo-L) we will be seeing around 5" of lip on the back of the Evo. without rubbing and with minimal mods. and i will becoming a vendor to sell them so that other vendors do not try and steal the idea and then skip the important steps as in reccomending the best tires.. or if the buyer already has a brand/model/size in mind i can change the offsets/widths to reflect a perfect fitment on their car given the mods done to their car.

ive worked wonders on the S2000 forum, some of you guys already know me.. and i plan to work wonders on the Evo Forum as well. we currently have S2000/Evo/TL fitments mastered and getting a shop G35 soon as well as a new civic Si.. and maybe in the summer an Elise might appear as well.

thanks for taking the time to read guys, if your going to buy an agressive setup please make sure to buy from someone who understand the geometry of the car 110% so they can tell you exactly what needs to be done so u dont end up like the guy above who bought them from someone who had no clue and then he had to complain about all the mods he had to do because they suggested the wrong tires to run or didnt suggest a tire to run at all. BTW to Aspec.. u dont need 245's and u dont need a stretch to make them work ;-)

-Riley

I know Riley personally. He knows his S*it. If any of you are on S2K you too will know that Riley knows wheel fitments better then 99% of other people.

here are some examples of his set ups ...

Last edited by M3this; Apr 6, 2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku
You've got PM Riley. Thanks
BTW ive already contacted EvoM and becoming vendor april 16th, right after the 5" lips come for evo and we have time for a photoshoot ;-)

riley
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

^ I have seen that acura in person and that setup is just about perfect.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Aggressive Wheel Thread...