Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Voltex Rear Wide Fender Fitment Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Voltex Rear Wide Fender Fitment Question

If you take a look at the following two pictures, you can see that the Voltex rear fenders extensions are not made to match the lines of the stock JDM EVO 9 rear bumper. The horizontal ridge is like 1" below the ridge on the bumper.

Does anyone know with which bumper the body lines/ridges will line up exactly???

Name:  DSC07802.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  DSC07803.jpg
Size:  77.4 KB
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm evo 7.

we are moding our Voltex rear sides to work with the 9 bumper. any good body shop can do it. sucks you got to mod them after paying the money they cost, but if you want it to look right with the 9 bumper i guess u gotta.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Greg, could you shoot me some pictures when it's done so I can see what it looks like? I take it the bodyshop is reshaping part of the rear section either with body filler or fiberglass??

My thoughts to make it look better and more functional were to split the rear section of it (behind the wheel) along the seam line where the bumper meets the body. The top/front section would be permanently attached to the body and moulded in. The bottom/rear section would be permanently attached to the bumper and moulded in. This way it would match the contours perfectly and you could get rid of the 1/2" lip that runs all the way down the back side. Does that make any sense? Kind of hard to describe it in words.

EVOlutionary
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

That is the way they fit. Look at the part more a little more. If you had seen it in person you'd know. It looks perfectly fine like that.

If your talking about the line that does not match up perfectly to the top of the bumper, again, thats exactly how its made to be. Again, it looks perfect like that. Notice how the other lines match perfectly with the door ( the 2nd small peice that attachs to the door ) and also the line on the very bottom of the evo ix rear bumper.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1NastyEvo
That is the way they fit. Look at the part more a little more. If you had seen it in person you'd know. It looks perfectly fine like that.

If your talking about the line that does not match up perfectly to the top of the bumper, again, thats exactly how its made to be. Again, it looks perfect like that. Notice how the other lines match perfectly with the door ( the 2nd small peice that attachs to the door ) and also the line on the very bottom of the evo ix rear bumper.
Everything looks great and lines up EXCEPT for the one ridge that goes from the bottom of the vent straight back. It just plain does not match. You can say it was intentionally designed like that, but it still doesn't match with the JDM 9 bumper. That one flaw makes it look like a big piece of plastic glued to the car rather than a factory, "OEM" quality part (like the fender flares on the old EVOs).

Nevertheless, I'll still end up getting them someday. Hopefully by then they come out with an EVO9 specific fitment.

EVOlutionary
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1NastyEvo

Actually it's not supposed to look like that, like the guy above said, they go with either an EVO VII or VIII JDM rear bumper.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Curt941
Actually it's not supposed to look like that, like the guy above said, they go with either an EVO VII or VIII JDM rear bumper.
Actually not

Voltex Makes 3 different versions of the Voltex Rear Fender.

The one above is Specific to the IX rear. As specific as its gonna get man.

Now, here are the ones for the JDM 7/8 rear

Name:  Picture007-2.jpg
Size:  48.2 KB

And lastly the ones that are specific to the C-west rear
Name:  cyber8.jpg
Size:  14.9 KB

These fenders are specific for each of those bumpers and created from molds. There shouldnt be any custom fabbing to make these work other than the work that needs to apply them.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:48 PM
mot
Evolved Member

you guys coudlnt be more wrong
i own the rear fenders for the evo 9 rear bumper
and i USED to own the fenders for jdm evo 7 and 8 which were the only set in the states as far as i know
pitbul09 owns them and theyre VERY different fenders
and do not even come close to fitting on the 9 bumper
trust me i tried
Old Mar 8, 2007, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

what size wheels are those on the red evo some one pm me the specs please
Old Mar 9, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

18x10.5 +12 I believe.