Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Deft CF hoods

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the price? $330.00 sure sounds good, but like they say you get what you paid for. What is shipping on this to Cali?
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

They are located in Cali. And since you live in LA, do a local pickup and save 39482390489348 dollars.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by krs333
What about the price? $330.00 sure sounds good, but like they say you get what you paid for. What is shipping on this to Cali?
Hi guys/gals my name is JOJO some of the guys prolly knows me, i own a GTO (well 3kgt) and i just want to share my experience with DEFT..

i had exellent experience with DEFTRACING for a while now, he actually sponsored my car numerous time..as far as the product is concerned it is by far the best locally made product with only the best material used to produce them and the fitment is best one ive ever seen and used..And for the the old saying of "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR" is true but on this case "YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE" The best product for your money without compromising quality. believe me when i say that. i have been around in this business and his CF and other product earned me more awards/magazines and more..

the thing about this guy Bill! he is a perfectionist!! its not good enough until its good enough for him. he is just like us a true import tuner that got tired of corporation jacking up the price of the product when its hot. he worked with the customer the way its should be.. you will be happy with this guy that you will comeback for more. trust me!!
Old Mar 30, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

seems like deft is getting some people to join to vouch for him
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:04 PM

I called my friend Jojo, who is the head of one of the car clubs out here called Team High Intezity, and asked to ask Peter how he did his vent, as peter is in Jojo's car club. T otld him about the thread and people asking questions here, hope ya don't mind he stopped by.

and thanks jojo, unexpected but definitely appreciated!

If you guys dont know jojo's car, it took best mitsubishi at SEMA Los angeles a few years ago.... VERY nice 3000GT
Old Mar 30, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice to hear companies like you guys making a good name for yourselfs.....some expansion into CF products would be great i.e replica CF Do-Luck lip would be real nice

on the 3000
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

I'm also interested in some good close up seam shots.

Also, a group buy / trunk+hood combo would be awesome.

That 3000GT shot looks great. Makes me miss my 98 3000GT SL.
Old May 7, 2007, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any answer to how he put the louvers on the CF hood?
Old May 7, 2007, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by EVOla_VIRUS
any answer to how he put the louvers on the CF hood?
he made his own brackets, he said it wasnt very hard... no tutorial though.
Old May 8, 2007, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Hi all, I AM SOOOO Sorry Bill for not getting on this thread ASAP...just had a kid and been working like crazy....

No to Business... .DEFT Racing and Bill are great people and has a great product. I have been sponsored by Deft Racing since he starte selling EVO hoods, and have tons of positive feed back. When I went to MOD 05 I got Bill tons of Business, as people were able to see first hand what a great Hood it was, and clean the threading was. Most importantly you can not beat the price, as its 1.2 the price of most CF hoods being sold on the Market.... The pics that Bill posted were of my Car when I first had it in 04.... I crashed the Evo HEad on, and the only thing that survived was the Hood, a testiment to the quality and stregnth of the hood. Here are some more recent pics, at CAR shows, and BTW: I have placed many times with my car, with the DEFT Racing CF hood, another testiment to how good the hood looks.... Bill I hope this helps...and if you need any further info please do not hesitate to PM me or e-mail me. Please visit www.deftracing.com or e-mail Bill personaly and tell him that PEter from TeamHigh recomended you...

Old May 8, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Also no Peeling cracking or nothing, and have had the hood on for the last 2 years....and YES the car is DAILY driven as well...
Old May 8, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deftspyder
I called my friend Jojo, who is the head of one of the car clubs out here called Team High Intezity, and asked to ask Peter how he did his vent, as peter is in Jojo's car club. T otld him about the thread and people asking questions here, hope ya don't mind he stopped by.

and thanks jojo, unexpected but definitely appreciated!

If you guys dont know jojo's car, it took best mitsubishi at SEMA Los angeles a few years ago.... VERY nice 3000GT

as for the VENT, the Stock Vent will not work as their is no Lip to support the stock vent. I just used the vent the came with the Hood, and painted it black. I was able to install the Ralliart Grill with no issues and looks just as good.
Old May 8, 2007, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Also got magizine cover and Artical on a local Canadian Magizine with that hood.....

Old May 8, 2007, 03:55 PM

damn peter, now I need to update the pics on the site! looking very good, esp after the crash!

btw, have you ever looked at a page with "no pic yet"... its your car in the default pic

Thanks for stopping by, i didnt know if you were on this board or not see ya at mod07 too.. I have some new things planned for the spyder for sure
Old May 8, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

what i dont like, is the deftracing.com on the hood.

Quick Reply: Deft CF hoods