Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Deft CF hoods

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2008, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonKrazyEvo9
i think i will get once my taxes get here. anyone have this without the hoodpins? depending on the hood and how it fits on the latch when it closes. I dont like how the pins look.
The vast majority of the hoods we sell dont use hood pins/latches. This one just happnes to be a show car, and he races alot, so he wants the added secure points.

Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
is there any plans on making different style cf hoods for the evo? or you just sticking with the oem look?
The oem on an evo is pretty good as it is, so no plans now. That, and I dont have a evo hood here to play with
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled

i think i will get once my taxes get here. anyone have this without the hoodpins? depending on the hood and how it fits on the latch when it closes. I dont like how the pins look.
I have this hood and I'm not sure how much adjustment is possible but it is a ***** and a half to close.

It's as if the part of the hood that fits into the latch is too short. I have to slam the **** out of the hood about 10 times before it will latch.

That's why I took it off. When I put it back on, I'm going to get some help.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are these hoods lighter than stock?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eckorex
I have this hood and I'm not sure how much adjustment is possible but it is a ***** and a half to close.

It's as if the part of the hood that fits into the latch is too short. I have to slam the **** out of the hood about 10 times before it will latch.

That's why I took it off. When I put it back on, I'm going to get some help.
is this true deftspyder? Is there a prob with the latch being to short? I was talking about the pins because I DD but every once and a while I do hit 145MPH
Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:42 PM

Well I dont know the guy, but we've sold literally hundreds of them without this complaint. When I see something like this, i have to think it's either a personal preference or something unique to that car. That said, i cant assume till I actually see something in person, and I dont think hed lie, so i think it may be the following;

I can tell you that with ALL after market hoods, the spring that is in the latch is rated for a heavy metal hood to come through, and you dont even notice because of the weight coming down.

So, when you have a very light hood, that spring will seem ALOT harder to go through, although nothing is wrong... maybe thats what he notices.

Of course, theres a simple solution for this, and thats to buy a 50 cent spring and change out the very hard stock on, and use the lighter one. Time should take a couple minutes with some pliers.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deftspyder
Well I dont know the guy, but we've sold literally hundreds of them without this complaint. When I see something like this, i have to think it's either a personal preference or something unique to that car. That said, i cant assume till I actually see something in person, and I dont think hed lie, so i think it may be the following;

I can tell you that with ALL after market hoods, the spring that is in the latch is rated for a heavy metal hood to come through, and you dont even notice because of the weight coming down.

So, when you have a very light hood, that spring will seem ALOT harder to go through, although nothing is wrong... maybe thats what he notices.

Of course, theres a simple solution for this, and thats to buy a 50 cent spring and change out the very hard stock on, and use the lighter one. Time should take a couple minutes with some pliers.

i had this problem with a cf hood on my honda- it's b/c the hood is not lined up with the latch properly.
the poster should adjust the hood and keep it semi loose and test the latch..
Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot next time I install it. Problem is how do you keep it lined up when you raise it back up to tighten the bolts?

Also to answer a question asked above, yes the hood is lighter than stock. Also, in regards to hitting 145mph, you can see the hood moving up and down at a mere 80mph. It's rather scary but it stayed shut.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

own a stealth TT as well as the Evo...bought my entire front end from Deft for the TT...I will definently vouch for them all day long. Great product, excellent customer service!
Old Jul 26, 2008, 02:21 PM

seibon is garbage
Old Jul 27, 2008, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

seibon is indeed truly, truly garbage. Everything from clear coat to weave is garbage
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

i have a deft hood, it has a slight cracking on the drivers side towards the fender. can it be repaired?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:18 PM

Can someone weigh the hood please?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like a nice deal.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ksaegusa
Can someone weigh the hood please?
+1

Sounds like something I'd be interested in if I was shopping for hoods. Deft should create more styles of the hood though, I think I would be sold if he did. Let alone a CF trunk lid.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Thats because he left the SPRING on the HOOD release... You need to remove it, so that it latches...

Still have my hood on, and I love it. love my Hood Bill... Yes the Hood is lighter thean Stock... NO CRACKING, NO FADING at all on my hood.....

is this true deftspyder? Is there a prob with the latch being to short? I was talking about the pins because I DD but every once and a while I do hit 145MPH

Last edited by mr0072003; Oct 5, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Deft CF hoods