Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Bad day today!!!! overspray all over my car :(

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG, what the hell?? That sucks bro....
Old Mar 13, 2007, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

sorry don't know
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

well when i used to paint and somebody would bring there ca rin that had been spray painted by kids of something, or overspay. We would just get some paint thinner and start wiping it off. It wont stick. It will come off, if you do use paint thinner just remember to wash it after a couple times and then wax it a couple times.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:30 AM

that sucks
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

so uh any updates? did you call your ins.?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by llabmik2
well when i used to paint and somebody would bring there ca rin that had been spray painted by kids of something, or overspay. We would just get some paint thinner and start wiping it off. It wont stick. It will come off, if you do use paint thinner just remember to wash it after a couple times and then wax it a couple times.
I would not recommend doing this unless you want permanent damage to your clear coat.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

dang...it happend to me too when i painted our house gutter with light brown paint, after a week, i found light brown spots on my TARMAC evo...i had to wash it twice...then slowly used my nails to scratch each spots...anyways yours are way worst than mines....yea i think a clay bar would work.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:43 PM

Thats rough, there's nothing worse then putting all that time and love into the car only to see it thrown out the window (I spent a day doing the 3 steps on my car only to get hit by a drunk later that night who took off on me so I know where you're coming from).

1) Definitely make them pay
2) Ban the idiots who said LOL
Old Mar 13, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

CLAY BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, it's been said a million times, YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST PERSON TO HAVE OVERSPRAY!!!!

It's not as bad as it looks, it's not like they oversprayed, and then came and clear coated over it.

Just wash you car like normal, and then clay bar it. The overspray will come off.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Curt941
Go to a place that does detailing and show them the car and get a quote to have it clay bar'd professionally.

Talk to the responsible buisness, and get a check for that ammount.

Return to that place and have them do it. Or do it yourslef, and pocket the money

+1M

The same thing happened to me. I immediately went to two details shops and got estimates. Showed the estimates to the owner of the paint company, and after some minor bickering, got a check the next day.

The detail shop came out to my house to do the work (they spent a good four hours on the car) and the car looked perfect.

Why would you even consider wasting your time and "elbow grease" on something that is clearly someone else's responsibility. Your time is valuable too!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

make them pay
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
+1M

The same thing happened to me. I immediately went to two details shops and got estimates. Showed the estimates to the owner of the paint company, and after some minor bickering, got a check the next day.

The detail shop came out to my house to do the work (they spent a good four hours on the car) and the car looked perfect.

Why would you even consider wasting your time and "elbow grease" on something that is clearly someone else's responsibility. Your time is valuable too!
do what he did fo sho
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:51 PM

dude that sucks. hope you get that stuff off.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Update

So, today.. I called the owner of the company? or foreman? I left a message, at 11am. I waited till 1pm to call back, and he answerd. I told him who i was, and why i was calling. He was pretty short with me, and said i called at a bad time, and that he was in a meeting.

Im thinking to myself, WTF!! i dont care what the F you are doing, my car is F'ed and you need to get it fixed.

I called around, and got a guy to come out and check out the damage. He quoted my car at $300-350 and my co-workers Honda Ridgeline at $350-400 another co-workers car was also hit with the overspray, but was not as bad as mine and the Honda. It was about 30ft away from mine. He said that one would be about 150.

He is going to Wash+Clay the entire car. Then polish to get any minor scratches out, then a full wax. He said the hardest part would be getting it off the rubber and plastic.

The guy who is supposed to pay for this, wants to go through his insurance to get it taken care of. I just want it to get cleaned NOW!!!! i dont want to wait a week or so for the insurance to get 3 quotes or whatever.

more to come, tomorrow.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

clay bar will do it but its not easy and when it comes to getting it all off your black mouldings like around your windows and doors clay bar isnt the answer... I would make them pay for all new mouldings and pay to have it buffed out! good luck