Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Need help removing exhaust paint damage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use a product called PRIME STRONG. Like one of the above posts it's a pre-wax cleaner to remove any oils and also any grime and or build up. It's what you might consider a cleaner polish. More a chemical type cleaner instead of an abrasive swirl remover.

Being in the vehicle detailing hobby now for a few years this product has really impressed me on a lot of levels. I really found it's capabilities when cleaning 06 GSX-R. Getting the grime from the chain off of the rear wheel. I will post a link to the product and also a link to a post I made when cleaning my bike with it, before and after's of course...

By the way. I need to clean my bumper today. I can post before and after's when i get home.

http://autopia.org/forum/editpost.ph...tpost&p=750909

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/prime.php

Last edited by O3EVO; Mar 29, 2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 03:02 PM

I think I remember someone saying wd-40 works?

Maybe Im wrong though. I have a black car so I dont worry about it.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

wow nice before and after
Old Mar 29, 2007, 03:10 PM

I will also post praise for Poor Boy's products. I had some black stuff left by my HKS HiPower because it was so angled in the one corner, with an orange pad, Porter Cable 7424 and Poor Boy's SSR 2.5 and it worked like a charm. If those stains are deeper, you may even need to go after it a little more with a stronger pad and polish, but start as light as possible, for example, a white pad and SSR1, then maybe SSR 2.5 with a white pad, and then move to an orange pad and so on. You never want to use anything stronger than needed.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MRgraphite
I will also post praise for Poor Boy's products. I had some black stuff left by my HKS HiPower because it was so angled in the one corner, with an orange pad, Porter Cable 7424 and Poor Boy's SSR 2.5 and it worked like a charm. If those stains are deeper, you may even need to go after it a little more with a stronger pad and polish, but start as light as possible, for example, a white pad and SSR1, then maybe SSR 2.5 with a white pad, and then move to an orange pad and so on. You never want to use anything stronger than needed.

Poorboy's makes some great stuff as well. But you really need something with more of a chemical cleaner to really get it clean. But a lot of it depends on the level of the contamination also. I guess a heavier cut polish would work if the discoloration is a little more severe.

Originally Posted by staygold
I think I remember someone saying wd-40 works?

Maybe Im wrong though. I have a black car so I dont worry about it.
It would be much better if you didn't use the WD-40 method. There are much better/safer ways...

Last edited by O3EVO; Mar 29, 2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

A combination of poorboys ssr1,2,3 took it out. ssr3 is no joke as far as being an abrasive. I'll post up some pics once I get some polish on.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

I use a little 3M Hand Glaze. It cleans up great and my car is white.