Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Red Evo IX with carbon fiber hood - pics wanted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007 | 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Red Evo IX with carbon fiber hood - pics wanted

I am thinking about getting a carbon fiber hood for my 2006 Red EVO IX. But I can't seem to find any good pics of what it would look like. Anyone have any good pics they can post or direct me to a site that has some....

thanks
Old Mar 27, 2007 | 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

check the recent posts...right under yours when I looked..."New pics of the EVO, some shots by the..." Click on that...some guy showing off his evo...RR with CF hood
Old Mar 27, 2007 | 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Let me know if you found it... by the way, I don't think a CF hood is all that much lighter than stock (aluminum)
Old Mar 27, 2007 | 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

don't hate... it didn't say anything about the red or the hood in the title of the thread
Old Mar 27, 2007 | 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

yep...I see it now...I didn't see it during my searches. I was thinking of the carbon fiber for the "looks" more than the weight savings. Plus I have quite a few rock chips in the red hood already (which pisses me off)....so I was thinking maybe the carbon fiber holds up better against those damn rock chips from the highway....
Old Mar 27, 2007 | 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

carbon wont really hold up any better. It will probably **** you of even more if a CF hood gets cracked from a rock. lol. Invest in a 3m clear bra if you do a lot of highway driving. I think CF on red looks awsome. I rock it. (no pun intended)