Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evodave is a fake.... a da#n good one. See pics of lights inside :) NEW MR , black

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007 | 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Dame those are nice... I cant wait to get back to send them
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 12:21 AM
Account Disabled

From: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Originally Posted by Lgkaos
I like the tail lights that have the amber pieces and retain the 'shiny' black portion like a IXs tail. Question:
- When you convert the shiny IX to black, does it have to be flat black? Can they retain the 'glossy' black w/lower amber piece?

I like the tail lights you have posted in the first pic (are they flat black? Doesn't look like it)...and would love for the headlights to match.
nope i can make evo9 tails look like that (black/amber) even easier and retain all black chrome properties w/o even opening up the lights.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodave
congrats on your rattle can paint...i prefer custom house of color paint... but i don't recall anyone asking you.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

i can make it like that....those pics you have up there of my style lights are the standard older style...the other application process / paint i use like the taillights pictured in the first post will make the headlights look like you want.
Naturally I would want to see some pics before placing an order, but if you can in fact do this then I will send you my heads and tails to be done. The tails on your first post look great so I am sold on those. Now can you please post some of your "new" style JDM MR heads? Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 10:30 AM
Account Disabled

this week i will do some.
Dave
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

this week i will do some.
Dave
Great!!! Can't wait to see how the amber and the clear corner comes out in particular. I am sure that in addition to myself there are several people who really want you to be able to make a direct match for the genuine JDM MR heads. In addition to being much cheaper, you also will have the benefit of not having to deal with the HID fogs and all that wiring BS. Lower prices and less hassles sells products. I will keep my eye on this thread for update pics. Thanks Dave...
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 06:47 PM
Account Disabled

well regardless the clear corners are impossible to duplicate....can't paint clear and make it bright....the reason the jdm lights look that way is cause they are etched lenses up top
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

hey evodave have you ever done an evo headlight mod where you painted the casing to match the color of the car? id be curious to see how that would look on say a WW or red evo...just curious
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 07:05 PM
Account Disabled

yeah i have but i don't know where the pics are
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

i just saw pics of someone with a red evo who painted the housings red...wasnt feeling it...i think the white would look the same unless you had a cf hood with a cf lip...it wouldnt look too white then imo
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
Great!!! Can't wait to see how the amber and the clear corner comes out in particular. I am sure that in addition to myself there are several people who really want you to be able to make a direct match for the genuine JDM MR heads. In addition to being much cheaper, you also will have the benefit of not having to deal with the HID fogs and all that wiring BS. Lower prices and less hassles sells products. I will keep my eye on this thread for update pics. Thanks Dave...
+1. This would be an excellent alternative to ppl like us who want that Orange Arrow turn signal style.

JDM MR headlights are like $650shipped and then HID ds2 bulbs would have to be purchased in conjuction with my 9006 hid kit I already have on my IX GSR and foglight harness.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

hey dave i pmed you a while ago about my tails and never get any answer from you. You did my tails but you painted them not how i wanted it
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

I find it very interesting that "evodave" has become such a household name within the evo community. Should be a testiment of evodaves quality of work and prices. keep up the great work man. On that note...how much would it be to make my heads just like the MR ones, and what else do i have to do to get it.. other than sell my soul to be owned by the all mighty light changer evodave of course.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

it came out great
Old Apr 17, 2007 | 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

well regardless the clear corners are impossible to duplicate....can't paint clear and make it bright....the reason the jdm lights look that way is cause they are etched lenses up top
True, they wont look identical at a close range, but you can mask off the reflective area up in the corner used to reflect the USDM turn signal and paint the rest black. You wont have the etched clear look, you will have a smooth chrome surface under a clear lense, but at least it will look identical from a distance and damn close when looking up close. I bet most wont even notice. As long as it is a 3-color lense it should look good enough at that price.

Quick Reply: Evodave is a fake.... a da#n good one. See pics of lights inside :) NEW MR , black