Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

18x10 Work Varianzas... 4.5" Lips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know where EVO-L is coming from.
As a former regional sales rep. of a very large aftermarket MFG co. Im not getting into who i use to work for. but for certain kinds of information on design and physical dimension are considered by some companies to be VERY SECRET.. due to the problems of "Wheels being copied.

"Some "offsets", "pad depth","tensile strength of the alloys" employed in the design of the wheel, all this and a few others things dictate the "LOAD RATING" AND "WEIGHT"

AND YES MANY IN THE INDUSTRY CONSIDER THIS TO BE VERY SECRETIVE INFORMATION!!!
this is the most critical aspect. I can tell you for certain their are only 15 LAGIT! MFG plants in the world. and i have been to all of them.. 2 of them "well lets say walking into SKUNKWORKS AT LOCKHEED MARTIN would have been easier...
i actually had to get security clearance to gains access to the plants that my former company own...

here is a general breakdown of classification:

cheap cast wheels = 500-900lbs. $50-$300 pw
pressure cast = 1000-2000lbs. $200-$500pw
forged = 2500-5000lbs $300-$2000 pw
rotory forged = 2000- 100,000lbs+ $200-$10,000 pw

KINDA
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Hey, not everyone wants the same rims as every other Evo owner. Evo-L, those look good on there. I don't know what it is with so many people saying that staggered fitment doesn't work or look good on and Evo. Those look better than I thought they would and I considered going staggered as well at one point. People need to chill with the negative comments, as everyone has different taste. If you don't like them, just say so in a non-rude way. Audi's in Europe run staggered all the time. I personally think it looks SICK.

It kills me how many people are out of touch with car custom styles world wide that look good.

Peace
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

looks good. very JDM VIP
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:21 PM

EVO-L im thinking i might want to buy your wheels...

you say $2500 for rims and tires?

im in the tampa area i want too meet up with you to take a closer look.

toooo many NOOO MONEY B!TCHES ON HERE....

MAN , i thought a $35,000 car would get me out of the NO MONEY B!TCHES!!!!! CLUB

OH YEAH JDM VIP!!!! no doubt
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by onefastevo9
EVO-L im thinking i might want to buy your wheels...

you say $2500 for rims and tires?

im in the tampa area i want too meet up with you to take a closer look.

toooo many NOOO MONEY B!TCHES ON HERE....

MAN , i thought a $35,000 car would get me out of the NO MONEY B!TCHES!!!!! CLUB

OH YEAH JDM VIP!!!! no doubt
Yea, Im in Orlando though. Yes, 2500 for rims and tires. I would be glad to show them to you. They look 10x better in person too. The pics kind of make the lip look small and somewhat dark. Ill PM you to discuss it further.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

The offset is only half the equation since the potential owners will need to know what type of disk they placed on the barrel of the wheel. I should know I have work wheels too and I got staggered 3 piece look almost 2 years ago.

Props on the choice of wheels though. They look amazing.

Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ArcticHaze
The offset is only half the equation since the potential owners will need to know what type of disk they placed on the barrel of the wheel. I should know I have work wheels too and I got staggered 3 piece look almost 2 years ago.

Props on the choice of wheels though. They look amazing.

Thanks man, I have always liked you car. I looked at your car a lot while I was waiting for these. We could get more lip on yours if you would like haha, PM me
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

what was quick i just saw these rims yesterday when i went to my friends tire shop.... its pretty awesome...
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133

1) you bought a wheel that looks like crap on your car (if your going to do a wheel that big, should have done wide body)

2) put tires on that were to small

3) realized that your "Custom staggered" setup is meant for a BMW or a Ferarri and looks extremely goofy on an AWD car... you just don't put a staggered setup on AWD cars...

I disagree
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
wow nice wheels !
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo-L
Thanks man, I have always liked you car. I looked at your car a lot while I was waiting for these. We could get more lip on yours if you would like haha, PM me
Haha I'm happy with mine. But man you just got yours and you're already changing them tsk tsk.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:15 AM

hey those rollers are about to go on my WW 06 evo...
working on meeting up with him now!!!!!!!!!! muhahaha
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
you are absolutely amazing man.. I am not going to contact WORK and explain to them that a buddy of mine recently had a set of these wheels made "custom for an evo" and get the offset out of them, because its not worth my time..

The funny thing is I am not interested in the wheels, and i shouldn't let this bother me... but you are acting like a kid about the stupid offsets.. You don't even want the wheels and you are willing to sell them already for what reason?

1) you bought a wheel that looks like crap on your car (if your going to do a wheel that big, should have done wide body)

2) put tires on that were to small

3) realized that your "Custom staggered" setup is meant for a BMW or a Ferarri and looks extremely goofy on an AWD car... you just don't put a staggered setup on AWD cars...
+1
Old Apr 12, 2007, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Could we see a pic from the rear? One that shows top angle of tire and how they sit in relation to the rear quarter.
The wheels look nice..but I do agree that a 255 is too small I understand that's what's needed to even have a chance to fit them though.
BTW, I know it was asked before but I don't think it was answered. What's the weight of them?
Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed Element
CyberEVO runs 265s on their 18x10.5s, i don't see people say anything about it .. wait i run the same size too. stretch tires FTW!
Don't know for sure but I am guessing that has more to do with rules than ultimate performance potential. Kind of like how certain domestic Time Attack races limit tire width to 275 . . .

Maybe if the Cyber EVO ran a 295/30/18 it could finally beat the TRB-02's time! !

EVOlutionary

Quick Reply: 18x10 Work Varianzas... 4.5" Lips