Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

18x10 Work Varianzas... 4.5" Lips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Don't know for sure but I am guessing that has more to do with rules than ultimate performance potential. Kind of like how certain domestic Time Attack races limit tire width to 275 . . .

Maybe if the Cyber EVO ran a 295/30/18 it could finally beat the TRB-02's time! !

EVOlutionary
All of the cars that run in that class are unlimited,so there are no rules,just run what you brung.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by t51splbb
All of the cars that run in that class are unlimited,so there are no rules,just run what you brung.
Are you sure? Seems like if that's the case they would not limit themselves with DOT tires and would run full competition slicks . . . There must be rules they follow, even if they are not official and only "gentleman's rules" . . .

EVOlutionary
Old Apr 12, 2007, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by broeli
Could we see a pic from the rear? One that shows top angle of tire and how they sit in relation to the rear quarter.
The wheels look nice..but I do agree that a 255 is too small I understand that's what's needed to even have a chance to fit them though.
BTW, I know it was asked before but I don't think it was answered. What's the weight of them?

I can try and get a pic from the rear, if I can remember . I weighed them at the Publix scales, it said 23.5lbs.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

I was never a fan of chrome rims on Evo but this on is different somehow. it looks good!
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:13 AM

like the way the rims look... dont know how they dont rub though,
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KuRRu
like the way the rims look... dont know how they dont rub though,
Careful driving and stretched tires . You can have wheels that stick out it just depends on your ride height, suspension travel, suspension stiffness, tires, driving style, etc.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by broeli
Careful driving and stretched tires . You can have wheels that stick out it just depends on your ride height, suspension travel, suspension stiffness, tires, driving style, etc.
Haha, you just about got all of them. Contrary to popular belief, they dont stick out past the top of the fender, in front or in the rear . You are right though as to why they dont rub, another one to add would be alignment settings. I can drive just about as aggressively as I want on the street with these rims and be fine.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

looks great!
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by bryant
Haha I love all the hate. To EVO-L and Riley for taking a step ouside the box.

255/35/18 goes from 8.5" - 10" (http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs...-a-kdw/22.html)
+1,000

Riley is the man when it comes to agressive and custom fitments for any car.

On another note I dont get all the HATERS on here.

1) He dosnt want to give out offsets due to the fact I posted up pics of his car in the thread I started "The Ultimate Agressive Wheel Thread" when he had the Emotion CRs on it and I told everyone the offsets. Now look on this site and you will set at least 5 threads on those wheels alone and I know of at least 7 people who have ordered those Emotion CRs sicne then. The problem is if someone takes the hard time to research it and figure out what fits then they should benifit from it. Not someone else who copies their hard work (SAME REASON I HATE COPIES OF AERO PARTS AND OTHER PRODUCTS). If you dont like this fact then tuff. Get a life and grow up and quit *****ing about it.

2) Strech tires are a fashion and also common in drifting. If your NOT tracking your car its not that big of a deal. Streched side walls also give you predictable break away and are not all mushy like fat side walls. If you think these 255s are streched then check out this:

^ Those are streched setups ... this 255 set up isnt much worst then my 265 on my 9.5 since the BFG runs more like a 275.

If you dont like how it looks great. Tell people that but dont argue on the internet like a retard. 90% of the evos on this board never see track time hard enough to make 285s worth the effort. In fact some 265s with correct camber & toe settings will give you more grip then the guys thinking that by throwing on some 285s they are automaticlly going to get more grip.

3) For all the people saying staggerd fitment is wrong on the evo ... you guys dont have a clue. As long as you run the same size tire all around your straight and it wont mess with the diff. The cyber evo at one time ran 10.5 width in the front with 9.5 width in the rear with 265/35/18 A048s on all 4. The streched sidewall in the front gave them better turn in.

Last edited by M3this; Apr 12, 2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

That last pic those b*tches are tucking !!
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Are you sure? Seems like if that's the case they would not limit themselves with DOT tires and would run full competition slicks . . . There must be rules they follow, even if they are not official and only "gentleman's rules" . . .

EVOlutionary
They run DOT tires as it is a gentlemans rule ... as slicks are kind of disgraceful
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

love it
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Very Nice, Very Different. The question is why spend all this time making custom wheels to turnaround and sale them?
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M3this
+1,000

1) He dosnt want to give out offsets due to the fact I posted up pics of his car in the thread I started "The Ultimate Agressive Wheel Thread" when he had the Emotion CRs on it and I told everyone the offsets. Now look on this site and you will set at least 5 threads on those wheels alone and I know of at least 7 people who have ordered those Emotion CRs sicne then. The problem is if someone takes the hard time to research it and figure out what fits then they should benifit from it. Not someone else who copies their hard work (SAME REASON I HATE COPIES OF AERO PARTS AND OTHER PRODUCTS). If you dont like this fact then tuff. Get a life and grow up and quit *****ing about it.

2) Strech tires are a fashion and also common in drifting. If your NOT tracking your car its not that big of a deal. Streched side walls also give you predictable break away and are not all mushy like fat side walls. If you think these 255s are streched then check out this:

If you dont like how it looks great. Tell people that but dont argue on the internet like a retard. 90% of the evos on this board never see track time hard enough to make 285s worth the effort. In fact some 265s with correct camber & toe settings will give you more grip then the guys thinking that by throwing on some 285s they are automaticlly going to get more grip.

3) For all the people saying staggerd fitment is wrong on the evo ... you guys dont have a clue. As long as you run the same size tire all around your straight and it wont mess with the diff. The cyber evo at one time ran 10.5 width in the front with 9.5 width in the rear with 265/35/18 A048s on all 4. The streched sidewall in the front gave them better turn in.
listen the point was not to start an argument. The wheels look nice, but would look better in my opinion if there were an in between to make them fit the same on all 4 corners.

You saying you don't like copy cats is pretty much saying the first evo owner has the right to yell at the 2nd person to own an evo, because he copied him by purchasing the same car ....

Face it, its a community, and there is a 99.9 % repeating chance that EVO-L will NEVER SEE the individuals car in person that copied the wheels..

There are not enough quality, affordable parts to go around in order for us all to be different.

NOTE** I can understand some things have the right to be kept personal..
Example: how curt brown makes a stock turbo run 10's specific maps/tunes that are made by the extreme racers that are for competitive sake.

We are talking about an aggressive looking wheel, that can be "guessed in size" with some trial and error or the proper knowledge. Why not save people the time and money and freely give it out? This makes you look like an innovative person that accomplished something different, and should be the main man and get the respect deserved from it...

soooo.... M3This , i am not a hater, in fact i almost purchased the emotions off of him, and i appreciate people like him posting awesome pictures of cars like his, but it just annoys me that you can sit there and call me and others a copycat...
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M3this
+1,000

^ Those are streched setups ... this 255 set up isnt much worst then my 265 on my 9.5 since the BFG runs more like a 275.

HA HA HA HA, thanks for the good laugh, I never seen so many rediculous setups, except for the drift application on the nissan......

Quick Reply: 18x10 Work Varianzas... 4.5" Lips