Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

PICS: Twin Fuel Cell Setup (in progress)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007 | 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

what about running 8 injectors and one fuel cell. 4 injectors on top runners and 4 on bottom of the runners. top 4 injectors for pump gas and bottom 4 injectors for c16..
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Top_End_EVO
what about running 8 injectors and one fuel cell. 4 injectors on top runners and 4 on bottom of the runners. top 4 injectors for pump gas and bottom 4 injectors for c16..
for the time being i do not have aem ems...i am still on the stock ecu

eventually i would like an 8 injector setup but i would want all 8 spraying c16

with your setup i would have to retain the stock fuel system and run another feed and return line

i will be dropping the stock fuel system...tanks lines and all when this project is finished which will help shed some weight off of the current 2850lb race weight.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

that 2jz 240 must haul ***, very sweet swap (thought of 1 myself) but for the cost involved to do so and work, he could easily have went rb25, but its still def a sweet swap
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

WOW THAT THING IS A RACE CAR!!
2800 LBS wow!!!!

I Think there is no need for it.. im on a 255 intank and a 255 inline with the stock gas tank with -6an lines to the front.. and i switch from race gas to pump gas with my stock tank? sorry just my 2 cents i would of spent the money else where..

But looks cool gotta give u that one.. See ya around

Last edited by 06 MR; Apr 15, 2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
that 2jz 240 must haul ***, very sweet swap (thought of 1 myself) but for the cost involved to do so and work, he could easily have went rb25, but its still def a sweet swap
RB swaps are old hat now. The big thing is 2JZ's...so people are jumping on the wagon.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06 MR
WOW THAT THING IS A RACE CAR!!
2800 LBS wow!!!!

I Think there is no need for it.. im on a 255 intank and a 255 inline with the stock gas tank with -6an lines to the front.. and i switch from race gas to pump gas with my stock tank? sorry just my 2 cents i would of spent the money else where..

But looks cool gotta give u that one.. See ya around

u are not really switching from pump to race....what you have is not pure race gas tho...whats your method for draining the tank? there is still 1 gallon left in the tank even when the car runs out of fuel...so even if you pour in 5 gallons of c16 when the light is on there is still 2-3 gallons left...... wat do you do with all that c16 after running on the track? we cant all be balling like you and drive around with c16....then again why do you even run pump gas anymore? didnt you just buy a truck and trailor? and your calling me a race car mr. i got kicked off the track and getting a roll cage put in as we speak with a parachute soon?

Last edited by thekuai; Apr 15, 2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thekuai
u are not really switching from pump to race....what you have is not pure race gas tho...whats your method for draining the tank? there is still 1 gallon left in the tank even when the car runs out of fuel...so even if you pour in 5 gallons of c16 when the light is on there is still 2-3 gallons left...... wat do you do with all that c16 after running on the track? we cant all be balling like you and drive around with c16....then again why do you even run pump gas anymore? didnt you just buy a truck and trailor? and your calling me a race car mr. i got kicked off the track and getting a roll cage put in as we speak with a parachute soon?
What i do to drain my Gas out of my tank is i Drain it from the return line until it is empty.. Im not ballin.. nor do i drive around with race gas all the time.. And yes i just purchased a truck not only for Towing Purposes But For Daily Driver Also.. and no i did not purchase a trailor nor will i be for a while.. i drive my car from the track to my house and on the island.. the only time it sees a flatbed or trailor is when something breaks.. and yes it is going to happen when you start making bigger power.. and yes i did get kicked off the track and yes i am getting a cage.. Because i Drag Race my car and in order to race on the track i need to go By their rules.. and also i dont have a parachute going on my car Not for a while it is not needed.

And By the way my car is 100% Full interior
Still have my AC
Still Have my Power Steering
And the last time i had my car on a scale it was 3425 without me in it..
How u gunna drive around on the street with 5 gallons of gas ull be in and out of Gas stations a few times a day if you drive like i do and as much as i do
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:17 PM
Account Disabled

5 gallons for pump? so since your no longer using your stock tank you can only drive for 5 gallons of gas worth??? Unless you have your stock tank working as well? I hope you have the stock tank full of gas and another pump that will pump the 93 into the 5 gallon cell
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:19 PM
Account Disabled

and if its mostly a race car, then why need pump gas at all??? WHy not just leave the stock tank and run dual intank pumps and run race gas only??? I just see this as more work then its worth. It must have been at least 1000$-1500$ to get it done, you coulda bought probably 3 55 gallon drums of race gas for that much $$ and used it over the next year
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

even though its mostly a race car....i still need to drive it to the track which is good 30-45 minutes away from my house....i think its a waste to drive it there on very expensive c16....i also do drive it around locally as well. i was just sick of mixing 5 gallons of race gas into an almost empty stock tank for just 4 passes at the track and then driving 30 minutes home burning that $10+ a gallon fuel.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

5 gallons is more than you think...i wont be boosting much on pump gas so figure i can get 20miles to the gallon while crusing...probably more if im on the highway. also...running c16 all the time probably means ill be replacing my wideband and narrowband o2 sensors on the car alot more frequently.
Old Apr 15, 2007 | 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

You probly could have bought a used trailor for a few hundred bucks.

Like I said above, It's a cool idea, just not sure it's worth the time, money and effort put into something like this.
Old Apr 16, 2007 | 12:30 AM

Hold on guys, you don't have a drain plugs on each side of the tank ?? I have two drain plugs on each side on my EVO 9 ???
Old Apr 16, 2007 | 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

looks great but your engine bay does look like something off of homemadeturbo.com
Old Apr 16, 2007 | 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thekuai
because i dont have the money for a truck and a trailer and because race gas is so expensive....so now i can drive on pump 93 to the track or to the spot...and then easily switch to c16 without draining anything and kick some ***!
well played sir...

Quick Reply: PICS: Twin Fuel Cell Setup (in progress)