Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

check this out

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007 | 08:58 AM

that is definitely a lancer evolution, whether it be a 7, 8, or a 9, I am not exactly sure.
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
i know it looks like an evo from the outside... but its a Lancer
sorry to say, but i dont believe that. any proof of its engine bay. just tell us, you know the guy from somewhere or he's your friend then ill believe you.
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

i know it looks like an evo from the outside... but its a Lancer
btw...it is a LANCER............Lancer EVOLUTION, that is..
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

(to the original poster) How do you know? Did you talk to the guy?

So you are telling us that somebody put blister fenders and all the other stuff people have mentioned on a regular Lancer including a non functional IC which can be made out from the front shot

This would make the guy the King Poser of all poser's .... and frankly very disturbing ... he should get help.

OK my last real guess is it's a US Evo too far from home, and you just can't see the driver on the "wrong" side of the car.

Beyond that, I'm sticking with the Madonna in the vines.
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Not enough proof to tell either way from any of the pics. For everyone who thought this was an Evo, I was right there with ya Awesome job to the person who put this car together. Fooled me
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

I met the guy once a few months back so I barely know him. He did admit its a Lancer and bought parts from japan to make it look like a evo. A few months ago when I first met him the car was parked and I got a close look at the car. The exhaust tip was small, tires are 225's, intercooler doesnt have lower pipes because there aint not turbo to connect it to. Also the Lancer's here have a different dash than the Evo so when I looked in I could tell right away it wasnt a Evo. When I was behind him today the rear of the car was kinda bouncing around and looked unstable.
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

I see a FMIC in the last picture........
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

I met the guy once a few months back so I barely know him. He did admit its a Lancer and bought parts from japan to make it look like a evo. A few months ago when I first met him the car was parked and I got a close look at the car. The exhaust tip was small, tires are 225's, intercooler doesnt have lower pipes because there aint not turbo to connect it to. Also the Lancer's here have a different dash than the Evo so when I looked in I could tell right away it wasnt a Evo. When I was behind him today the rear of the car was kinda bouncing around and looked unstable.
well...if thats the case...i 85% believe you...the last 15% would be you taking a picture of it [inside...dash... & engine bay]. i think everyone would really like to see that and share their thoughts about it.

Can you take pictures of it for us??
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbochrgdbeast
well...if thats the case...i 85% believe you...the last 15% would be you taking a picture of it [inside...dash... & engine bay]. i think everyone would really like to see that and share their thoughts about it.

Can you take pictures of it for us??
Like I said I only met him once and it was only a few minutes... he probably forgot who I am but if I do get a chance next time ill take pics
When the car is moving theres hardly any sound coming from the exhaust.
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Derek if that's what your saying, then that dude is definitely a fool. With all that money he spent, he probably could have bought two evo's.

lol

Arbi
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Wow if that's not an Evo, that is a LOT of $ to spend to make a lancer look like an Evo. Prob wouldn't have cost him much more to just get a real Evo after all that work.
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

dunno about ya Derek ! ..
None Turbo, but i can see a FMIC on it ..
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1NastyEvo
Derek if that's what your saying, then that dude is definitely a fool. With all that money he spent, he probably could have bought two evo's.

lol

Arbi

beat me to it....
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dead-Man Inc
well. if the owner was that desperate and really want it to look like an Evo, then he might have spent more money to make it look like its functional.

man...thats still kinda bothering to think of. bothering in a confused way thinking "why the f*ck would he spend all that money and not get a real one... "

still kinda hard to believe.
Old Apr 27, 2007 | 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dead-Man Inc
Why would he not put a FMIC on after all the money he spent to make it look like a evo Just cause theres a fmic mounted doesnt mean its functional. I remember asking him how much he spent and the total was 10K US for parts and labor. Brand new Evo 8's cost 53K US dollars in this country and a Lancer goes for about 15K brand new. So total he spent around 25K which is my guess unless he bought the car used.
Only sixty legal Evo 8's in this country and they are rare as hell so I can understand why he spent that kind of money. 10K isnt bad if you think about it...not something I would do but he does look happy driving it

Quick Reply: check this out