Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Front lip / splitter...?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2003 | 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Question Front lip / splitter...?

lookign for a carbon fiber waeve to match the rear wing...

the front could use some visual lowering to it... and the front lip is the ticket...

any vendors have any news...?
Old Jun 16, 2003 | 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

here in Boston, the owner of a tuneup shop has cf splitter for his evo, not the best looking thing if you ask me....
Old Jun 16, 2003 | 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

can you get info / pics of it...?
Old Jun 17, 2003 | 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

I'll take pics of it if I go back there, but its basically just the cf splitter mounted under the bumper instead of on the side of the bumper.
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

I'm looking for the same....something to lower the front lip of the car a few more inches....nothing too drastic that will be bottoming out and hopefully something I can remove for winter driving.

Anyone seen any other splitters for sale out there yet????
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

An yes maybe Carbon Fiber would look nice. Someone was developing one for $500 but I never saw any more on it.
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

go to vivid racing, one of the featured cars has one on his evo
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 02:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

dude i don't know if any of you have seen it but the pepsi blue evo has a beautiful cf splitter on it, that was a clean car, saw it at hot import nights in houston a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone have a photo or know where we can get one like it?
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

JSP makes universal CF products that you guys are mentioning.

The Lip that goes underneath the entire front end of the front bumper is called a "full splitter" and usually comes with twin titanium stbilizer bars.

The little bumper wings that you can put on your front bumper are called "canards"

There are a few different kinds of various splitters, like the ones that go under your side skirts and come up the side, and the one that are just like the full splitter but are only half ones that require no stabilizer bars.

Just figured I would clear up a few things.
Happy hunting
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks I checked out some of what JSP has. I'm not sure I saw everything they have but I didn't find a full splitter. Terminology aside I personally am looking for something that makes the front a little lower and more aggressive looking. The factory canards look ok but I wanted something more. My preference would be something that attaches easily (under bumper, wheel-wells...) and can be removed for winter, and also something that is not so low or fragile that it bites the pavement too often. Carbon fiber to match the wing would be nice but I'd also be ok with body colored fiberglass or even rubber to lower the look of the front end.

I guess I'm looking for something made specifically for an EVO, aid dam, splitter, skirt....I guess I'll know it when/if I see it. On a previous car I had a 4-inch rubber skirt. On a black car it looked great, lowered the look of the front end and was indestructible. I haven't been able to find anything like that and I suspect with the uneven height and odd angles on the EVO air dam it would not attach well without some sort of fiberglass adapter to make it even and level.

By stabilizer bars you mean the bars that suppot the front edge? Above or below the splitter??
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

i'm not looking for canards... if the splitter has a similiar look at the edges that's fine... but the factory canard option looks lame to me...
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Vivid Racing
Old Jun 19, 2003 | 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Yes...there is one on the featured car of the month (Blue EVO8)....I'll ask where it comes from.
Old Jun 19, 2003 | 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

I checked with Vivid and they said the one on the featured car was a custom job and they do NOT sell it.

Anyone know of any others?

Quick Reply: Front lip / splitter...?