Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Ice Liquid Clay Bar...... what a joke!

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I know there are a couple other people who have expressed their opinion about this stuff on here so I figured I would give a bit of feedback as well.

I took the WRX from the shop home for the weekend and figured I would give it a thorough detailing since it was in need of some TLC. Before I started it occured to me that I had seen an advertisement on TV for some new liquid clay bar and figured this would be a perfect time to try it as I already detailed my Evo lastweek. I found it at the local Auto Zone so after reading the box and looking at it I decided I was going to give it a shot as it seemed like it might work but I still had my doubts. I figured I might as well buy a regular clay bar as well in case this stuff didnt work then I wouldnt need to make another trip.

Hand washed the car, read the box and started on the rear bumper where there was some grime from the exhaust and what not. This stuff honestly has about the same consistency as fast orange hand soap with a ton of water in it. Very runny and not very "gritty" feeling at all. I couldnt see how this would take anything off as it absorbs right into the applicator. As soon as I put some on the applicator I knew it wasnt going to work.

Scrub, and scrub and scrub and scrub. It looks VERY much like it did when I started. Didnt do much at all. I moved to the wing where there was some tree sap I wanted to take off. Same thing! Went to the front bumper where there was some tar and a few tough imbedded bugs. Yep... same thing!

What a waste of $16!

I took the other clay bar out of the box, hit the car with the spray and with VERY little effort the marks on the bumpers and spoiler came right off. I continued and finished the car with this bar and it looks AWESOME! The other clay bar I bought was $11.

Its like they say.... anything worth having is worth the work it takes to get it. If you want a nice looking clean car take the extra time to use a real clay bar that works. The easy way isnt the best way.

Ice Liquid Clay Bar

Just my $.02 about the stuff.

Wow, it is the same exact thing that happen'd to me a few days ago, .
I was hoping for good results, but the liquid Ice Clay Bar is nothing but crap, .

I am glad you posted this. What a waste of money. The product is useless.
Old May 28, 2007, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i saw the commercial and i just laugh at it coz it said that it can also take off swirls and light scratches!!! what a joke. i have been detailing for years and not even a real clay bar can take off swirls or scratches.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
Wow, it is the same exact thing that happen'd to me a few days ago, .
I was hoping for good results, but the liquid Ice Clay Bar is nothing but crap, .

I am glad you posted this. What a waste of money. The product is useless.
Sorry to hear that.

Autozone gave me a refund on the bottle I bought only because I used very little of it. Try taking it back. They do have a customer satisfaction program.
Old May 29, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
, Thanks Jrod.
I only used it very litle too. It did not take long to find out.
I got mine at Target, I will try returning it.
Old May 30, 2007, 06:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
, Thanks Jrod.
I only used it very litle too. It did not take long to find out.
I got mine at Target, I will try returning it.
It definately doesnt take long to find out the product is garbage. Like I said I tried it on a few different spots and knew within 5 min.

Yeah they should take it back. Any store who cares about the customer should take it back and Target should be easier than most. Good luck!
Old May 30, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, i was disappointed with ice when i bought the polish ones after seeing their infomercial.
Old May 30, 2007, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I got the ICE polish and detail spray the other day.
It was OK, I do like that it doesn't leave the white residue on the plastic pieces.
It's really only good for a quick job, on limited time.
I knew the liquid clay bar was a joke though.
It's not clay or a bar, so wtf? anyways.. w/e
Definately stay away from it.

I've only used Meguiars for the longest time [97], and i swear by their clay bar.
works wonders on old paint.
Let the bar do the work and it's easy, just time consuming.
I also like the "Quik detailer" and the Gold class wash and wax.
Meguiars = Best out there imho...