Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New Plates.....Check it!!

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007 | 11:41 AM

lol niiicce
Old May 24, 2007 | 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Lol..
Old May 24, 2007 | 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

dONT U MEAN...RAN CER L'S ARE PRONOUCED R
Old May 24, 2007 | 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

that plate is 2 things...

1. its orignal

and

2. its GAY!!
Old May 24, 2007 | 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
that plate is 2 things...

1. its orignal

and

2. its GAY!!
lmao
Old May 24, 2007 | 11:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Curt941
There are plenty of plates I haven't seen, but I don't run out and get them. Examples:

*** LVR
GEY BOY
IMDUMB
JDMRULZ

See what i'm getting at?

Plus, custom plates make it easier for people to remember your plates. Not allways a good idea
nice ideas lmao
Old May 24, 2007 | 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Are you a FOB or were you born here in America?

Do you call your car a RunSir Evorution? j/k, i think the OP's plates are stupid.
AAHHHAAa FOB FTW!
Old May 24, 2007 | 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

There are plenty of plates I haven't seen, but I don't run out and get them. Examples:

*** LVR
GEY BOY
IMDUMB
JDMRULZ

See what i'm getting at?

Plus, custom plates make it easier for people to remember your plates. Not allways a good idea
I know there are a lot of other plates available there captain obvious, but I think those^^ plates are a little more up your alley!

I have read countless threads about plates like evilevo, evoIII, I8URV8, and all kinds of other plates that I thought were lame. Did I go in and start thread crapping? NO! So I dont know what your problem is other than maybe you are easily envious of others or something......not quite sure!! I know I didnt crap in your thread about not knowing what the fresh air hose was for your intake....even though I figured you knew a little something since your car has several bolt-on's. Whatever, keep crapping....I can return the favor!

And about people remembering my plates....who cares?? People make such a big deal about license plates.....like now you can get on google and get my SS# from my plates! I have had many, many cars in my time, and I have only had a couple personalized plates. I decided to get them on the lancer because i do things a bit differently with this car as opposed to the others. I hope this is now OK with you and your gheyness?
Old May 24, 2007 | 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Some plates are cool that don't make any sense. Until I read how you came up with the plate, I was very unsure. Although not the most common, you know what it means and you like it. That's what matters...

Don't worry about some people on here. They have something to say about everything. It's cool to disagree, but a little silly to say "wow...". Just the way internet forums go now days.
Old May 24, 2007 | 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roldy
Ummm...last time I checked Asians, with thick accents, have a hard time pronouncing any word that starts with an 'R'. So I'm not understanding why they would pronounce Lancer in Japan as "Runsir".
No they have problems with the letter "L" because it's not in their alphabet. Their "L" sound like "R"
Old May 24, 2007 | 04:26 PM
Fomer Vendor

I think its funny because I can picture a person of the Asian persuasion saying "runsir".
Old May 24, 2007 | 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

From: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Thumbs up for thinking out side the box. I get a hard time from people for my "EGOKILR" plate all the time. Then when I go blowing by them on the track they dont give me such a hard time.
Old May 24, 2007 | 05:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by VtecGSR952000
I searched long and hard to find a good license plate that wasnt had in all 50 states! After all my searching, I was talking with one of my friends who is the manager of Nukabe Automotive. He said thats a nice "run-sir". I said whats a run-sir? He said that in Japan, they pronounce "lancer" as "run-sir"! So Hopefully I am the ONLY one with this plate for at least a month before its everywhere else!! Check it out!

Originally Posted by Roldy
Ummm...last time I checked Asians, with thick accents, have a hard time pronouncing any word that starts with an 'R'. So I'm not understanding why they would pronounce Lancer in Japan as "Runsir".
Originally Posted by VtecGSR952000
Just going by what I was told.....from a friend who visits Japan a few times a year. I think he is a pretty trustworthy guy!
Originally Posted by epEVO
i always thought that "Asians with thick accents" found it hard to pronounce words that started with the letter L and they usually sound like an R. in ex: Lonely would be Ronery, Long would be Rong. i may be completely wrong.
Exactly, that's why they say things like:

HERROOOOO....You like FWIED WICE?

Are you a FOB or were you born here in America?

Do you call your car a RunSir Evorution? j/k, i think the OP's plates are stupid.
Originally Posted by DRFTKNGG
dONT U MEAN...RAN CER L'S ARE PRONOUCED R
Originally Posted by Spooldyou
AAHHHAAa FOB FTW!
Originally Posted by Kerr
I think its funny because I can picture a person of the Asian persuasion saying "runsir".
It's pronounced "Rahn-sah" (the best phoenetic approximation I can do of it.)

There is no "L" sound in Japanese, and the "R" is pronounced somewhere between "R" and "L." But it's good that asshats still take pleasure in identifying themselves on the internet, rather than forcing us to seek them out.

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
No they have problems with the letter "L" because it's not in their alphabet. Their "L" sound like "R"
Thanks for having a brain.
Old May 24, 2007 | 05:54 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HobieKopek
It's pronounced "Rahn-sah" (the best phoenetic approximation I can do of it.)

There is no "L" sound in Japanese, and the "R" is pronounced somewhere between "R" and "L." But it's good that asshats still take pleasure in identifying themselves on the internet, rather than forcing us to seek them out.
+1

I was about to say... the "R" sound as we know it really doesn't exist in Japanese. It is something between a L and R sound. So stuff that has a "R" in it actually sounds more like a "L".

Kinda hard to explain... start memorizing hiragana and katakana and you'll understand.
Old May 24, 2007 | 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

i put my screen name on the license plate, so when i go any meeting they know which car is mine...
i dont want to get under the police radar, that is why i skipped those 2FAST4U or EVO8U kind of plates.

Quick Reply: New Plates.....Check it!!