Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Dyno run video (Did some upgrades today)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2007, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Re-flash with boost mod", that would be a type of boost control right? I would have to think the tune is the problem. You should be able to hold more boost up top with just the "pill" replacement. You have better flow mods than I do and I peak to 23 and hold to 18. You really should hop on norcalevo.net and look at the tuners in the San Francisco area. They are doing some impressive stuff. BTW, if your tuner has not changed the pill, PM and I can set you up with one just like mine. BTW, that could be the problem also if the modified boost "pill" is not properly sized. Get another opinion if they are telling you to do all of these other mods to get there. I can give you a contact number for the guy who tuned my. If you can get him some graphs, power and all of the vitals, he would be more than happy to look through them and try and figure the problem out.

Check your Injector duty cycle as well. You should be near 95% or so with your setup. You might be maxing out the injectors.

Originally Posted by LoveBoost
O3EVO: How do you like the Samco induction tube and drop in combo? What kind of drop in do you have? I am looking to switch to this since my current HKS RS is too loud. How do you like yours? I am thinking of the ARC induction box as well.
My tuner recommends, as do most a drop in with the stock box. He was making 349whp with a drop in on an 05 MR. He got a bigger turbo and has proven the stock box is good til 350whp. He had to go to an open element now.

I really like the Samco pipe. It appears to improve spool a little, other than that judging by my before tune numbers it doesn't do much. It' easy to install and the cops won't hassle you about it.

I went with the K@N. It might cause me to have to do some MAF cleaning sooner, but no big deal. I got a good deal on it from a member here. Didn't want to pay $130 for a Works filter.

Well the HKS intake is a good intake. All of the tuners say it's one of the best as far as keeping the maf readings solid. But I hear the ARC box makes the best power. I will post a dynograph of just a arc box giving 13whp on a setup similiar to yours.

You are like me, cop worried. While the ARC might give you a little advantage, it will bling in the cops face when the hood is popped. You said you wouldn't run a test pipe even if it gave you 20whp, consider the ARC a test pipe for the engine. The cop will give you a ticket for it. Not to mention the filters are very, very expensive. If you do go with the ARC box, use it with the Samco hose. And remember, the ARC will be just as loud as the HKS, maybe even more...

My setup: Before and after

No cams w/ GST boost "pill"
Tanabe 2.75 DP
RRE Rally Cat
Garage HRS exhaust
ARC box
Hallman MBC @23psi on 91 octane
Horsepower Freaks LICP
Walboro Fuel pump
PTE 680 Injectors (IDC= 82%)

Last edited by O3EVO; May 27, 2007 at 06:48 AM.