Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Modified USDM Crash bar for JDM IX rear bumper [pics]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much would you charge to modify the crashbar? I would be very interested, picking up my jdm rear tomorrow
Old Jun 2, 2007, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyM3
how much would you charge to modify the crashbar? I would be very interested, picking up my jdm rear tomorrow
x2
Old Jun 2, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

I can probably turn around the next day.
$120 shipped.

hmmm...i guess that seems a little cheap but I'm willing to do them for people at that price for now. I guess if I get sick of it, I'll raise the price or stop doing it

Last edited by SophieSleeps; Jun 2, 2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Huy's Evo
i want to know how much i have to take off or have a side by side comparison of the crash beam
Cut the leg off.
You don't need to measure.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Old Jun 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

did it match up pretty good or did u have to get it painted? J/c cause I ordered my jdm rear friday from gruppe-s.........
Old Jun 3, 2007, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

looks good man, I wish you were closer so I could get my crash beam modified. how close is the color match on the bumper?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by koffebean00
did it match up pretty good or did u have to get it painted? J/c cause I ordered my jdm rear friday from gruppe-s.........
^ +1 how well did the paint end up matching on the JDM rear compared to the stock paint???
Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

That looks so sweet. I need $ so I can get one.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ammarX786
looks good man, I wish you were closer so I could get my crash beam modified. how close is the color match on the bumper?
VA and MD is a 2 day UPS ground shipping window

The bumper matched "ok". I can't really expect much more from a pre-painted bumper. I'd consider it as good as it gets. Most people would not be able to tell. It's similar to the stock bumper that doesn't exactly match either.

It definitely does not have pearl in it. I was afraid of that.
However, the shade is very slightly off. It's as expected.

I'm not sure how many variations of Wicked White there are but if you so happen to have the exact variation of the color, you'll probably match pretty well.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

Cool, I'm glad it's not the pearl one then.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Nice!!! Good job
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
someone please tell me how these bars help ever? low speed hits will cave in the mounting legs or the metal they're mounted to. putting large impulses on small surface areas always achieves the same thing.

i had a SLIGHT front end accident... my front bar just acted to crumple the piece of frame it was attatched to... nothing happened to the bar... only the frame. WTF

people that have delusions about keeping these bars for any reason besides holding the bumper up or saving your in a huge crash because the metal will deform... i just don't get it.

i guess if the corner of someone's car went into the middle of you bumper a beam would stop it and spread it to the aforementioned mounting points. would this keep body shop costs down? would this save your car from any damage? neither. instead of a new trunk pan you get forever crooked frame.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
someone please tell me how these bars help ever? low speed hits will cave in the mounting legs or the metal they're mounted to. putting large impulses on small surface areas always achieves the same thing.

i had a SLIGHT front end accident... my front bar just acted to crumple the piece of frame it was attatched to... nothing happened to the bar... only the frame. WTF

people that have delusions about keeping these bars for any reason besides holding the bumper up or saving your in a huge crash because the metal will deform... i just don't get it.

i guess if the corner of someone's car went into the middle of you bumper a beam would stop it and spread it to the aforementioned mounting points. would this keep body shop costs down? would this save your car from any damage? neither. instead of a new trunk pan you get forever crooked frame.
If you've ever seen similar accidents with and without a crash bar you would very easily notice a difference.

The bar definitely does help.

Behind the bar is very thin sheet metal and 2 frame runners. If you get hit without it, you'll be fuxoring the sheetmetal and buckling the square frame rails.

If you get hit with it, you have a better chance of saving your frame rails as it will spread the impact flat against the rail and hopefully your sheetmetal will be unaffected.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
well lemme ask you, are we picking between a slightly crooked frame and a very crooked frame? because it seems like this is a lesser of two evils choice that i'd rather not make.

Quick Reply: Modified USDM Crash bar for JDM IX rear bumper [pics]