Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

2006 Evo Rs With Jdm Ssl Mr Heads, Fogs On With Parking Lights, 4300k Hid's/se Lip...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i loved my rainguards when i had my evo. i could get some decent air circulation in the rain without getting my interior wet.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I think they look terrible. Aren't most Evos daily drivers? I know mine is, but such a thing serves no purpose for me when daily driving. Maybe if you smoke, but I doubt you smoke in an Evo that you spend money on to look nice. Ruining the interior with smoke would not fit the mold. Anyway, of course it's subjective, but you see those plastic things on every riced-out car there is, and your Evo certainly doesn't need cheap plastic to make it look good. It kills me when people mimic beat-up Civics with their Evos.

Without those messing up the look, the rest is hot to trot. 99% of people won't realize the VG is non-functional as long as you don't care about the 1% that shakes their head in disbelief.
Classic WARRTALON in full effect right here

To be honest, any anftermarket faded uneven rainguard I ever see I gawk at because those are legitimately disgusting. The OEM rainguards In my opinion look really good. The first time I saw them, they were on a black 05 evo with 18x9.5 ce28n's and it just looked so nice. The guy WAS a smoker and thats why he had them.

No I'm not a smoker and neither is the owner of this car, but being able to crack your window when its raining is nice and I think they look good with the tinted windows. YOU ALREADY SAID YOU DONT LIKE THEM, WHY ARE YOU EVEN POSTING ABOUT IT AGAIN??

VG: Yes its non functional without a wing. he did it to accent the top. The SE lip isnt functional either but it looks nice, neither is the rear bumper but again it looks nice. ON TOP OF THAT, HE'S PLANNING ON ADDING A WING TO THE CAR SO THE VG WILL SOON BE FUNCTIONAL
Old Jun 17, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I think they look terrible. Aren't most Evos daily drivers? I know mine is, but such a thing serves no purpose for me when daily driving. Maybe if you smoke, but I doubt you smoke in an Evo that you spend money on to look nice. Ruining the interior with smoke would not fit the mold. Anyway, of course it's subjective, but you see those plastic things on every riced-out car there is, and your Evo certainly doesn't need cheap plastic to make it look good. It kills me when people mimic beat-up Civics with their Evos.

Without those messing up the look, the rest is hot to trot. 99% of people won't realize the VG is non-functional as long as you don't care about the 1% that shakes their head in disbelief.
I forgot I had to make my car look how "other" people want it to look. I'm glad YOU don't like them, and YOU don't have them on YOUR car. But saying you didn't like them 1 time and saying it is cleaner without them is fine, but ranting and raving about it a second time is just you being annoying like your input counts or fases me...

I can open my windows in the rain, and not get wet, that's the purpose of them to me.

But anyway, thanks for all the comments guys.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I like the rain guards, kinda reminds me of the ones I used to have on my old '57 VW beetle.