Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Rota tee-shirt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i have mine awhile now, been over 120 on many occasions for long periods.
i have hit potholes and bridge embunkments that yank the wheel out of your hand. i take my rims off once a month to clean them. so far the only thing i can say bad is one rim had some dust in the paint, and the offset on the rear caused me to do a little fender moving.

these rims have been on dirt roads, and nj state highways. So far the rims are in perfect shape, im not defending rota, im just stating what i have seen so far.

for a 900 dollar set of rims they have held up so far. im sure they wont last 10 years and stay true, but not many rims on this type of car do. unless the car see's severe duty these rims are good choice. besides not many of us keep rims for more than a couple years. I would rather spend 900 every couple years than
2000. I dont care what rims you have, unless you dont drive the car the finish will get screwed up.

again this is my thoughts and findings. they are meaningless since im not a manufacturer, or physics engineer.
like most of the comments here, useless, and have no real backing to them. its nothing more than internet hearsay.

but since i own them i guess that entitles me to comment on them.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jamevo8
^you must have rotas....^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You assuming that I have Rotas would be like me assuming you hump sheep …
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im making a new shirt, will be for sale soon.

"Friends don't let friends waste money on VOLKS" haha jk.

all joking aside

ArcticHaze - ur dumb. thats not how rota makes wheels. your comment reminds me of the guy that said "my uncle used to work at rota, they make wheels from forks and spoons". don't post lies.

before anyone says "you must own rotas", i'll get it out of the way. I own a set of Volk CE28's. oh and 2 of them have bends on the lip
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jamevo8
^you must have rotas....^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lee only rolls volks... like 3 sets since ive known him
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:35 AM

I had rota torques and they where great, it justs gets really annoying when people talk s*** on other people with rota's
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Dan avon - care to share your insight on how Rotas are made since apparently you're an expert on Manufacturing and Engineering?

Do you realize that the bend on your Volks wheels were placed there by design to save your life? Would you rather have your wheel lip bend or crack under extreme stress. Chances are you hit something. The bent lip still allowed you to drive home. If a wheel was too stiff and rigid it would end up cracking under pressure just imagine what would happen.

Last edited by ArcticHaze; Jul 6, 2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

I still can't seem to find all these numerous failures that should be happening, if the quality was so very poor. I've searched this site, socal.com and spent some time searching the internet in general, for Rota Wheel failures. I would think this would be a liability for Rota, if there wheels were failing and causing injury or death.
If your going to bash a product, please provide more then one example, so that a pattern can be shown.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

I remember from back when I had a wrx that there were a few cases of Rota failures posted on NASIOC. I had Rotas on my own wrx (tarmac II's) that bent slightly so that they all rotated off axis (daily street driving). No cracks though.

I have been considering getting the P45r's though
Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
lmfao man that was funny

and true.

wtf is wrong with ur i/c tamer?

I put a fujita ucip/intake combo on the car and another couple surprises for unsuspecting $hit talkers on the road =-)
Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

tamer you cant even park straight in your own garage you completly missed the carpet lol ... shame on you (when am i going for my new tune?)
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:57 PM

Why is it that everyone seems to think that all JDM made wheels are indestructable and that Rota wheels are just going to shatter like glass when you hit a pothole?

Yes, wheels like Volk, SSR, Work, Enkie (I'm excluding Advans because I've seen how those cast wheels hold up when hitting curbs on a track) are much stronger than Rotas due to the wheels being manufactured using forged or semi-solid forged molding techniques. However, even those JDM wheels have experienced failures. I've seen SSR wheels have cracked spokes after an HPDE on a Subaru.

When someone buys Rotas, they get what they pay for, inexpensive wheels that are a copy of JDM design. There is a reason why they cost so much less than forged wheels, they are not as strong and last time I checked, Rota never claimed they were. Personally, I look at Rotas as having the same quality as most OEM cast wheels, thus their price reflects that.

BTW, I do have Rotas for my EVO as winter/ daily driving wheels. Like what I said, they are about the same quality as OEM cast wheels and I don't have a problem letting those wheels get the abuse from the potholes, curbs and crappy roads in general around Chicago. I also have a set of SSR and a set of Work wheels for when the car in on the track or just want to fit in w/ the JDM crowd
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

ArcticHaze - No I don't really care to share, just wanted to point out you were completely incorrect. Oh and the bump that caused my volks to bend has been hit numerous times on my rotas also, they are perfect though