Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Some shots of my Evo RS and a Legacy Spec B **NO DIALUP!!**

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hardhat
whos faster?
That'd have to be me... I recently ran an 11.8 @ 120 mph and like a 12.0 @ 122 mph (both with TERRIBLE launches of course), and his Spec B is just the stock 2.5 turbo making (I believe) 250 bhp. The Spec B is a neat car for sure, and it's quick, but the Evo, especially when modded, is kinda in another league. The Spec B will win in the comfort / quietness contests though...
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

my 2 favorite sedans! i love the first year spec B's red leather...
Old Jul 10, 2007, 09:26 AM

Man I love those Legacy's. If I knock my girlfriend up, I am totally going to buy one for a family car.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Sometimes I wish i got an RS....Clean pics.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
Great pics! I have Rotas too! Nice views!! Would love to drive my evo up in that area!
Someone get this kid a cookie
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

First Year Spec.B's had a really nice interior (but the red leather made a lot of people gag)

So they toned down the color of the seats and made the engine quicker for the 2007 models. My friend who has a spec.B said he saw a dyno where the spec.b was pulling 235whp, which is pretty damn quick for a luxury sedan. Stock EVO's run about 250-260whp, so the EVO would have the upper hand, but I wouldn't say it's in a different league

A few power upgrades and a proper tune and that thing would be running just as fast (if not faster) than stock STI's.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turb0z-MR
First Year Spec.B's had a really nice interior (but the red leather made a lot of people gag)

So they toned down the color of the seats and made the engine quicker for the 2007 models. My friend who has a spec.B said he saw a dyno where the spec.b was pulling 235whp, which is pretty damn quick for a luxury sedan. Stock EVO's run about 250-260whp, so the EVO would have the upper hand, but I wouldn't say it's in a different league

A few power upgrades and a proper tune and that thing would be running just as fast (if not faster) than stock STI's.
Stock for stock, you're right, I would consider them to be pretty similar. The Evo would have a bit of an edge, but they wouldn't be too far apart. With an Evo modded as heavily as mine, however, the difference is pretty big. You've got a car that is capable of running mid/low 11s VS a car in the 14s . While the braking and handling of the Spec B is very good for stock, I've got those areas upgraded as well. And yeah, with a few little upgrades the Spec B will be right there w/ an STI. Having driven the Spec B, if I were ever to get a Subie, I think I'd opt for one over an STI now.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Beatiful pics and cars. I own both and appreciate them for different reasons. My Legacy has a pulley, UP and header with a tune and is putting down 265 whp. With a catless DP I am hoping for 275 ish. Plenty quick and comfy with leather, heated seats, etc. Evo is a much more "sensory" car. To each his own, but you wouldn't go wrong with a LGT if you ever feel a need for change. Besides, everybody who owns a subie goes STI/wrx/2.5 rs. Dare to be different.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by trevor
That'd have to be me... I recently ran an 11.8 @ 120 mph and like a 12.0 @ 122 mph (both with TERRIBLE launches of course), and his Spec B is just the stock 2.5 turbo making (I believe) 250 bhp. The Spec B is a neat car for sure, and it's quick, but the Evo, especially when modded, is kinda in another league. The Spec B will win in the comfort / quietness contests though...

Very nice,I hear alot of talk about these cars.They are nice but seem a bit boring especially sitting next to your ride.nice evo btw
Old Jul 10, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Those pictures have a very nice dynamic range. Good shots for clear skies. Clear skies susually don't allow for good shots. Clean cars too
Old Jul 10, 2007, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
Those pictures have a very nice dynamic range. Good shots for clear skies. Clear skies susually don't allow for good shots. Clean cars too
Thanks! I checked out the link in your sig - those are some pretty awesome HDR shots you have on there too, congrats on those! What kind of camera / lens were you using for those shots?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

car looks great......i was just in Portland yesterday dropping off my car at ETS for my 57-trim turbo buildup bro. I was driving on the highway looking for evos and i did not see any. what kinds of mods do you got in that beast???
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice pics man, BTW what camera did u use....pics came out really well. U should be a photographer !!!
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
car looks great......i was just in Portland yesterday dropping off my car at ETS for my 57-trim turbo buildup bro. I was driving on the highway looking for evos and i did not see any. what kinds of mods do you got in that beast???
Good move on the ETS 57-trim turbo, I was kinda wishing I could have been their test car for that, but I already have a 50-trim, so my timing was a little off for that. My car has an AEM that was tuned @ RRev Motorsports, a meth kit from RRev, all the basic upgrades (exhaust, fuel system, cams, etc) and I'm running 30 psi w/ the meth kit. The car is a blast to drive; RRev has it dialed in quite nicely, I must say!
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

RRev does great work but Lucas is going to tune my car so i am pretty confident that he will do an excellent job. What kind of WHP are you making???

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Jul 10, 2007 at 11:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Some shots of my Evo RS and a Legacy Spec B **NO DIALUP!!**