Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

pic request (photochop is fine too): volk ce28n and volk re30

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSE
hahahah THEY LOOK THE SAME DONT THEY?

BUY THE ROTAS AND PUT VOLKS CENTER CAPS ON THEM... JESUS CHRIST

Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

re30
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Say no to rota.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
Whether they are one off wheels or not has no bearing on this topic.... They look good IMO....you obviously don't think so and I could care less about your opinion. If the OP goes for the RE30s or the CE28s then awesome!! He will love them either way cause he was the one who decided on which wheels to get...not because of your lame *** Rota bashing.

Do you know how many other manufacturers there are imitating popular styles? More than you can imagine I'm sure.

The RE30s look awesome to me, so do the SVNs for much less.

So you bought an Evo, an put wheels on it that belong on a Lancer. And thats what I can't stand is new companies coming out with knock offs (yes Rotas are knock offs, sorry to burst your bubble) cuz its drowning the market of cheap stuff. Nice work IMO
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there anything wrong with buying same looking wheels for cheaper?

i think thats a plus more money for other mods.... gg
Old Jul 10, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TBSE
is there anything wrong with buying same looking wheels for cheaper?

i think thats a plus more money for other mods.... gg
So why dont you buy the knock off exhuast? and the knock off coilovers? and the ebay fmic? and the knock off boost controller? and the knock off tuning? Its all the same right? Then you can have more money for the knock off ferrari. right?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 04:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gonzo0991
So why dont you buy the knock off exhuast? and the knock off coilovers? and the ebay fmic? and the knock off boost controller? and the knock off tuning? Its all the same right? Then you can have more money for the knock off ferrari. right?
hahahaha
Old Jul 10, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

YIKEs who cares! Nobody is driving anyone elses car, so put what ever you want on yours.

op keep your stock ones. save money and get that knockoff ferrari
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

CEs fo' sho'
Old Jul 10, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure some of you knockin on these guys cause they have "replica wheels" have or is interested in other "replica" parts on your car, no?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:31 PM

damn come on guys its their money let them spend it their way.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Rotas may be cheaper than some of the wheels that they emulate but does overpricing your product make it better? Quality wise you would naturally assume there to be some sacrifice looking at the price, but do you really have evidence of this? Hell, if price determines the quality of a wheel then I would just buy some advan rss and call it a day... Bottom line is most people on here buy wheels for the looks and if Rota copy another brand that I like the look of and cost half as much with little or no sacrifice in performance why would I not buy them?

BTW - I run JICs and lov'em
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

damn i cant believe some of these guys are still arguin about this. The dude just asked for pics of volks so he can get an idea of what he wants. He didnt ask for rotas, and he didnt ask which was better. Rotas are good wheels with an excellent price, If you dont mind the price tag though, volks are better, thats all there is to it. Volks are forged.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Deep Motoring
to be honest if you drive daily in an area where your always dodging potholes then i suggest the rotas cause 1. they are a very good wheel for the price 2. they do look good.... i have a set of volk time attacks and they are awesome but im always extra cautious when im driving around town
you're *** backwards. the volks are 100's if not 1000's of times stronger than the rota's. you should be dodging potholes with the rotas if anything. i had a set of volk SE37K's on my honda accord. i bought the wheels to race because i knew they could handle the abuse. i have taken curbs at 60mph+, potholes at 100mph+, and never got so much as a scratch on any of the wheels. after abusing them for 5 years on my accord, i turned around and sold them for almost $2000. they are THAT good. this is why volks are more expensive. they are forged under 10,000 tons of pressure during the manufacturing process. i think they can take a pothole. rota's are cheap because they are cast wheels. this is also why they are extremely weak compared to volks.

the other reason i'd never put rota's on my car is because they are heavy. volks are expensive because they are high quality, and they out perform other wheels. period. volks will last longer, take more punishment, and perform better because of the lighter weight. less unsprung weight = better acceleration, handling, quicker response, better gas mileage, and better braking. so if you want to buy a 30-40k car, then cheap out on the wheels, fine. just don't advise others to make the same mistake you did because you weren't smart enough to look at all the differences in the wheel's R&D, construction, performance, and properties.

i think it's retarded that people keep talking about only the look of the wheels. yes, they look almost identical, but if you're buying performance wheels to put on a high performance car, shouldn't you look at the performance capabilities of the wheel you're buying? rota's are decent wheels, but it's an insult to mention them and volk in the same sentence unless you're commenting on how rota is stealing yet another design.

Last edited by ODUB; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:45 PM

ce28n

Quick Reply: pic request (photochop is fine too): volk ce28n and volk re30