Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

EVO X vids

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2007 | 02:00 PM
Account Disabled

^Lol!
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by electrixevo
I dont wanna learn about it, I would rather spend time driving my car and having fun with it. I would take a 12 second stick over an 11 second automatic anyday just for the simple fact that I could say I earned my time instead of letting my car earn my time, there is a true skill to driving a stick and you obviously havent learned it and wont if u drive an auto

Oh yeah totally, WRC and F1 cars drive themselves too! I think the drivers eat Big Macs and stuff during the race even...because it requires no skill whatsoever...
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by mrbig
Paddle shift is used in the WRC rally races right??? True Evo?? Only if it had a 4g63
Technically yes, but all the paddle does is rachet (sp?) the sequential shifter up or down one so the driver can keep both hands on the wheel, he still has to work the clutch, and if the system malfunctions he can grab the gears him/herself.

I'm all for better technology and do not doubt the superiority of the DSG/SMG/SST gearbox technically, but for a fun car to drive I prefer a manual any day, just something about throwing your own gears and working that clutch makes you feel connected, I'm not a track star so I don't mind the lost ms's from shifting my own gears, different strokes for different folks. There is no arguing about which is faster/better but I don't see how you can say that "true enthusiasts" will prefer the SST over a manual, thats just silly, who are you to define what makes something a true enthusiast, people love these cars and all cars for different reasons, live with it.
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

for anybody that's never even driven a car with paddle shifters (like SMG/DSG/SST, not your mothers hyundai sonata with tiptronic), you really can't say what you like because you don't know. you can't comment on something you've never done. period.

Last edited by ODUB; Jul 24, 2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Both shifting styles are available for the car, basic manual and paddle shifting. So, whatever your fancy. It's there.
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Too bad the video is down...

SST looks hella fun. I am drolling for the what the EVO X can offer!
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 08:38 PM

I just have to see it on the street
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by antij0sh
Technically yes, but all the paddle does is rachet (sp?) the sequential shifter up or down one so the driver can keep both hands on the wheel, he still has to work the clutch, and if the system malfunctions he can grab the gears him/herself.

I'm all for better technology and do not doubt the superiority of the DSG/SMG/SST gearbox technically, but for a fun car to drive I prefer a manual any day, just something about throwing your own gears and working that clutch makes you feel connected, I'm not a track star so I don't mind the lost ms's from shifting my own gears, different strokes for different folks. There is no arguing about which is faster/better but I don't see how you can say that "true enthusiasts" will prefer the SST over a manual, thats just silly, who are you to define what makes something a true enthusiast, people love these cars and all cars for different reasons, live with it.

Yea i know that boi!!
Old Jul 24, 2007 | 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

For those who hate paddle shifters,

I think you are just intimidated 'cause anybody [even a newbie]
can shift faster than your manual car. So when you see a X on the road
don't even try to race it if you're stock cause you know what will happen. lol

I think if the paddle shifter
works perfect and there's no turbo lag I will def trade my
IX MR to the new X.. but I'll wait
a year or two to see how this car performs before doing so.

I havent seen the video yet but I already hearing/reading positive things
about the X so I guess it's a good news.
Old Jul 25, 2007 | 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by flip_EVO

I think if the paddle shifter
works perfect and there's no turbo lag I will def trade my
IX MR to the new X.. but I'll wait
a year or two to see how this car performs before doing so.

I havent seen the video yet but I already hearing/reading positive things
about the X so I guess it's a good news.
Okay, you guys realize that SST/DSG/SMG at best can knock fractional seconds off shifts , its not like your going to smash people with more powerful cars because you shift much faster. Its not that huge of an advantage.
Old Jul 25, 2007 | 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by antij0sh
Okay, you guys realize that SST/DSG/SMG at best can knock fractional seconds off shifts , its not like your going to smash people with more powerful cars because you shift much faster. Its not that huge of an advantage.
it's an advantage over the same car mod for mod with a traditional manual. it's a better base car to start with. personally i don't give a **** about str8 line speed anyway. the paddle shifters will also help on the road course, where it counts.
Old Jul 25, 2007 | 08:54 AM
FLK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flip_EVO

The Truth.

Besides, having SST on the circuit would be a huge advantage. Shaving 1 second off a lap would be tremendous compared to a stick mod for mod.
Old Jul 25, 2007 | 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FLK
The Truth.

Besides, having SST on the circuit would be a huge advantage. Shaving 1 second off a lap would be tremendous compared to a stick mod for mod.
thank you