Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

EVO X vids

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007 | 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

EVO X vids

dunno if you guys have seen these yet... i gotta learn japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKuV3HLtX10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1gxQ6kYOn4
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

power numbers: 280hp 311 lb-ft... that 280 is suspect though. especially with the higher torque numbers. JDM IX was rated at 280hp 295lb-ft
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

what, no comments?
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 11:31 AM

Although I am still getting used to direction to were they are bringing the car, it is excitng to see that the new transmission is blipping the throttle at every downshift on the super sport mode!!
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
what, no comments?
There is an entire forum for discussing the Evo X, which falls under the category of "Future Evo Models".
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

the paddle shifting looks pretty fun. i might consider.... might.
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

what, no comments?
It makes me sad to see that it is automatic
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

which is why they will be offering a sportier manual standard w/clutch option
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

my question is will they make it so power shifting will be like butter? Meaning I want to just throw the car in the next gear while keeping my foot on the gas. wooo hooo! ha!
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alexander
There is an entire forum for discussing the Evo X, which falls under the category of "Future Evo Models".
thanks for the bulletin Captain Obvious, but that's not what i asked. i asked if there were any comments. anyway, the car looks badass.
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by electrixevo
It makes me sad to see that it is automatic
i get tired of seeing people say this because it's stupid. the car's new tranny is better than any automatic, or manual out there. it's faster, smoother, and most importantly FASTER. it shifts faster than any human can. isn't that the whole reason we love manual transmissions? because we can control our own gears? why hate on the SST if it gives you complete and better control over the gears? it's just a better design, period. why do you think all the high end automakers use these types of trannies? when's the last time you saw a 200k benz supercar with a stick? the SST is gonna be great. you can't beat paddle shifters. no more misshifts, burnt clutches from learning how to launch and slipping too much, faster shifting, seemless powershifts...what's not to like?

Originally Posted by MrMejia
my question is will they make it so power shifting will be like butter? Meaning I want to just throw the car in the next gear while keeping my foot on the gas. wooo hooo! ha!
yes, you can just keep your foot planted and shift. it's just like an automatic in that respect. no pause in the gear changes. just powerful smooth acceleration, and total control of the gears.
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=ODUB;4567769]i get tired of seeing people say this because it's stupid. the car's new tranny is better than any automatic, or manual out there. it's faster, smoother, and most importantly FASTER. it shifts faster than any human can. isn't that the whole reason we love manual transmissions? because we can control our own gears? why hate on the SST if it gives you complete and better control over the gears? it's just a better design, period. why do you think all the high end automakers use these types of trannies? when's the last time you saw a 200k benz supercar with a stick? the SST is gonna be great. you can't beat paddle shifters. no more misshifts, burnt clutches from learning how to launch and slipping too much, faster shifting, seemless powershifts...what's not to like?

Haha you are soo gay, I take pride in my car, I enjoy driving and shifting my car and not letting it shift for me, I dont care if its faster, mine is more fun. If you learned how to drive your car then you wouldnt have a problem with the clutch, and in that case go ahead, get the auto, leave the stick to a true enthusiest.
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

I'd question your definition of enthusiAst.
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SoundBoy4
I'd question your definition of enthusiAst.
why just cuz i spelled it wrong, the concept is still the same
Old Jul 23, 2007 | 01:53 PM
Account Disabled

[quote=electrixevo;4568026]
i get tired of seeing people say this because it's stupid. the car's new tranny is better than any automatic, or manual out there. it's faster, smoother, and most importantly FASTER. it shifts faster than any human can. isn't that the whole reason we love manual transmissions? because we can control our own gears? why hate on the SST if it gives you complete and better control over the gears? it's just a better design, period. why do you think all the high end automakers use these types of trannies? when's the last time you saw a 200k benz supercar with a stick? the SST is gonna be great. you can't beat paddle shifters. no more misshifts, burnt clutches from learning how to launch and slipping too much, faster shifting, seemless powershifts...what's not to like?

Haha you are soo gay, I take pride in my car, I enjoy driving and shifting my car and not letting it shift for me, I dont care if its faster, mine is more fun. If you learned how to drive your car then you wouldnt have a problem with the clutch, and in that case go ahead, get the auto, leave the stick to a true enthusiest.
The true enthusiast is more concerned about going faster. The SST will make any driver faster including the ones that have mastered the art of racing. To me any piece of technology that make me faster around the track, the more fun I am having. Especially when I'm passing up lame manual drivers.