Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

cut up my car today>>>>

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2007 | 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

dam dude thats probably one of the funniest things ive ever seen...the body kit looks like it should work man have fun
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 12:47 AM

subscribed
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

props to you!!! i would never do that to any of my cars .cant wait for result
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

So when are we gonna start on mine?

PS....I'm bringing the beer and ladies.......
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleeperevo8
some late night updated pics of the widebody in the makin haven't had much time to wrk on it but its comin along i'm in now hurry to get it done still waitin for the motor to come back from machine shop

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSCN0780.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSCN0778.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSCN0776.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSCN0777.jpg

still thinkin wat to do with the gas cap yet.. might relocate it might not Idk.. anyone got any ideas or suggestions LMK...
Make it so it be level with the panel ,so it looks even.
I like to ask you did you finish it off under the tires under wells? Because i seen some other custom wide body work that when you look under it is not finish!

BTW: nice WORK can't wait to see it finished!

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Sep 3, 2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 09:21 AM

Haha wow, that thing is in pieces.
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

evo owners gonna hate me for this one but then again wat else is new and i really don't give a sh*t .. no one really has anything nice to say anymore... so this post is really more for the haters out there...i got bored today so this is the begining of my custom widebody the rims are volk sf challenge 18x10.5 for those who are wondering ( last time i got bored my car endin being 2 gt35rl powered)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSCN0760.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSCN0759.jpg

and this is wat it should look loke when done
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/DSCN0340.jpg
who starts off a thread like that. Weird people on this forum now-a-days.
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

your brave man, got money to burn it looks like.
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
Make it so it be level with the panel ,so it looks even.
I like to ask you did you finish it off under the tires under wells? Because i seen some other custom wide body work that when you look under it is not finish!

BTW: nice WORK can't wait to see it finished!
yes the wheel wells have been done to almost like a minni tub... i can actually fit an 18x10 with 285/35 and still little room to spare but i'm gonna go with 265 when all completed i don't think the front fenders gonna like it if i do 285 all way around

BTW.. big fan on ur car =)
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fitbikedominick
. . . I hope this car isnt your everyday car because thouse huge tires are going to really take a toll on your drivetrain so have some cash to back it up when your tranny and rear end blow out.
I've run 285's on 18x10 wheels for a long time with no driveline problems. Have you broken a trans and rear end from running wide tires on your EVO?
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

still thinkin wat to do with the gas cap yet.. might relocate it might not Idk.. anyone got any ideas or suggestions LMK...
You could run an articulated hinge (like on some cabinets) so that as the door rotates out the hinge axis moves out (moves toward you if you are looking straight at the fuel door). Hope that makes sense. . .

You could also move the hinge to the top of the door instead of the side so that it flips up like a "gull wing" door on an old Mercedes.

Good luck!

EVOlutionary
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I've run 285's on 18x10 wheels for a long time with no driveline problems. Have you broken a trans and rear end from running wide tires on your EVO?
i've only had 235/40 18 on 18x8.5 rims the rims in the pic are new haven't had chance to run them yet but i've never had any problems with drivetrain parts yet (knock knock) i'm more concerned bout 285 on front due to the turning tight and rubbing... how are yours as far as turning?
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
You could run an articulated hinge (like on some cabinets) so that as the door rotates out the hinge axis moves out (moves toward you if you are looking straight at the fuel door). Hope that makes sense. . .

You could also move the hinge to the top of the door instead of the side so that it flips up like a "gull wing" door on an old Mercedes.

Good luck!

EVOlutionary
the gull wing style not bad idea cause the the wider rear fenders the door hits the body
thanks i'll try few things but the gull wing is new to me i didn't think that one i was gonna get rid and jus shave the door try relocatin it
Old Sep 3, 2007 | 10:34 PM

PLEASE, when it is done post pics. I can not imagine anything good out of those. I hope you prove me wrong.
Old Sep 4, 2007 | 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

i've only had 235/40 18 on 18x8.5 rims the rims in the pic are new haven't had chance to run them yet but i've never had any problems with drivetrain parts yet (knock knock) i'm more concerned bout 285 on front due to the turning tight and rubbing... how are yours as far as turning?
That post was pointed at the guy who said wide tires would blow up your driveline.

With proper coilovers and wheel offset, the 285's will not rub at all. They are actually a little smaller diameter that the stock tires so that helps clearance. If you are going with wide front fenders then you won't have any trouble. If not, then with that offset you will need to do some rolling work to the front fender lips or not lower the car too severely.

Quick Reply: cut up my car today>>>>