Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

gram light 57s pro TI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahah.

Dude the company that makes Eagle rods also makes Tomei Rods, which are incredibly expensive, which seems to be important to you.

These rods are made in the same factory, with the same steel that goes into Tomei rods, they are all rebadged and then resold for vastly different prices.

From GTR.co.uk-
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.S NZ View Post
When in China I came across a body kit factory making spoilers and bumpers for a very well known body kit "manufacturer" in Australia.

They were even installing and putting resin over the "made in Australia" stickers

You would be shocked if you found out just how much "top quality" gear is made in China, branded and sent to 'the country of manufacture' to be on-sold, its a joke.

Mind you, a cnc machine driven by a 15 year old girl called Ling May, if set properly, will still machine a part just the same as a cnc machine anywhere else in the world, only difference is Ling May gets 1usd a day if she's lucky, I know, I've been through several factories in China, seen it all first hand.

Rob
haha... that is so true!

These rods were actually finalised in USA, big / small end bores honed to spec.

I actually sent the seller an email asking why i got the tomei rods... this is the reply i got:

Quote:
Our supplier supplied to Eagle, Elgin, Lunati, Tomei, Scat, and Summit,
We carry many different brand.
here is a quote from earlier email:

Quote:
These rods are made in China by CAT POWER. They are the supplier for
Eagle, Elgin, Lunati,Scat and Summit.
So i guess they are all made at the same factory, and with small difference in shape, sent to the tuning company, boxed, and sold for 3x the price.

Asim

Scorke
Old Oct 20, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Hahah.

Dude the company that makes Eagle rods also makes Tomei Rods, which are incredibly expensive, which seems to be important to you.

These rods are made in the same factory, with the same steel that goes into Tomei rods, they are all rebadged and then resold for vastly different prices.

From GTR.co.uk-
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.S NZ View Post
When in China I came across a body kit factory making spoilers and bumpers for a very well known body kit "manufacturer" in Australia.

They were even installing and putting resin over the "made in Australia" stickers

You would be shocked if you found out just how much "top quality" gear is made in China, branded and sent to 'the country of manufacture' to be on-sold, its a joke.

Mind you, a cnc machine driven by a 15 year old girl called Ling May, if set properly, will still machine a part just the same as a cnc machine anywhere else in the world, only difference is Ling May gets 1usd a day if she's lucky, I know, I've been through several factories in China, seen it all first hand.

Rob
haha... that is so true!

These rods were actually finalised in USA, big / small end bores honed to spec.

I actually sent the seller an email asking why i got the tomei rods... this is the reply i got:

Quote:
Our supplier supplied to Eagle, Elgin, Lunati, Tomei, Scat, and Summit,
We carry many different brand.
here is a quote from earlier email:

Quote:
These rods are made in China by CAT POWER. They are the supplier for
Eagle, Elgin, Lunati,Scat and Summit.
So i guess they are all made at the same factory, and with small difference in shape, sent to the tuning company, boxed, and sold for 3x the price.

Asim

Scorke

uhhhh ok...what was the point of that?wow you think you "owned" me?haha get a life
Old Oct 20, 2007, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

The point is that Eagle rods are made by the same company that makes tomei rods, they are of high quality and are no where near cheap.

That was the point.

I never thought, made it seem like, or intended to "own" you, you make it too easy.

Scorke
Old Oct 20, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

The point is that Eagle rods are made by the same company that makes tomei rods, they are of high quality and are no where near cheap.

That was the point.

I never thought, made it seem like, or intended to "own" you, you make it too easy.

Scorke
lmao..your too much.

1.you bought eagle rods
2.you spent $1200 on a stroker,that will most likely blow
3.you ripped apart your whole motor to build a stroker but yet didnt even do head work.which i figured spending $1200 you may have some extra money to do head work.guess not.

buy quality the first time,not the second.eagle may be an "ok" rod.but theres so much out there bro to make an aggressive motor,that will perform better.thats all
Old Oct 20, 2007, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GT35REVO8
lmao..your too much.

1.you bought eagle rods
2.you spent $1200 on a stroker,that will most likely blow
3.you ripped apart your whole motor to build a stroker but yet didnt even do head work.which i figured spending $1200 you may have some extra money to do head work.guess not.

buy quality the first time,not the second.eagle may be an "ok" rod.but theres so much out there bro to make an aggressive motor,that will perform better.thats all
1. Theres nothing wrong with eagle rods.
2. It's better to spend less on something than more, I thought?
3. Vastly more people build motors before doing headwork. Building a motor is usually about strength, headwork is about power the two are not related and one does not necessitate another. Headwork $ for hp is not what I felt was worth it.
4. I'm not your bro.

I bought quality the first time. My car is fast, and I have 20k miles at +400whp and 30+psi runs, no issues, no loss of compression, you need to read more and speak less.

Scorke
Old Oct 20, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

1. Theres nothing wrong with eagle rods.
2. It's better to spend less on something than more, I thought?
3. Vastly more people build motors before doing headwork. Building a motor is usually about strength, headwork is about power the two are not related and one does not necessitate another. Headwork $ for hp is not what I felt was worth it.
4. I'm not your bro.

I bought quality the first time. My car is fast, and I have 20k miles at +400whp and 30+psi runs, no issues, no loss of compression, you need to read more and speak less.

Scorke
lmao...whatever floats your boat BRO!
Old Oct 21, 2007, 09:41 AM

How much are the rims i looked in the rim section and i could not find the price you want for them.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JdmGraphiteMR
cmon buddy...they are 4000.00 rims brand new in box. fn01rc with tires i see go for like 1000-1200..

It was worth a shot.....hahaha....I knew the answer before i even started typing. The price on the fn01rc's in an 18 with those tires and lug nuts were 2000.