Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

clear bra getting installed today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 3 years out on mine and no yellowing or fading.... still looks like day 1 (although I make quite an effort to take care of my car in general) and still no chips on the front, hood, or sides.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka
$805 for the hood, fenders, mirrors, headlights, and bumper. Yes, it was fairly expensive, but the fact it has a lifetime warranty instead of 3M's 1 year warranty made it worth the extra money to me.

About the wing, it doesn't really sound like the clear bra would prevent the clearcoat from fading. The installer and detailer and this shop said it would be a better use of money to just have it recleared with a higher quality than factory when/if it fades.

I had the 3M on my Audi S4 and I wasn't a huge fan. It was yellow and was peeling in spots after only a year. It was also a pain to get off!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

EvolutionTime, what year did u have the 3m? I heard they revised their product not to yellow (as much?) at a certain date.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:40 PM

dont do clear bra, it ruins you for life,
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adnmoh1
dont do clear bra, it ruins you for life,
So do drugs apparently. I'm doing it. Just paid $3900 for new paint on most of my car, I want it to stay there.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to see everyone is getting into clear bras. VentureShield especially since im the lead installer at Sierra Invisible Shield here in Reno Nv, we use VentureShield and nothing else.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:16 PM

i heard clear bras yellow over time... never really seen it though. hope you're doing it with a pretty big company because life time warranty doesnt really mean much..... if the company is gone in a few years =P
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:29 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

^I had XPEL installed on my WW X MR, and it yellowed 4 months later. Yeah, it's got a 7 year warranty. However, when you go to complain about it yellowing, the shop that installed it will give you excuses like they did me to get out of replacing it. I finally got it redone, and sure enough, 7 months later it yellowed again. I gave up. Don't want to deal with the shop. I will redo it at some point when I feel confident enough in a product that does not yellow.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cyp
^I had XPEL installed on my WW X MR, and it yellowed 4 months later. Yeah, it's got a 7 year warranty. However, when you go to complain about it yellowing, the shop that installed it will give you excuses like they did me to get out of replacing it. I finally got it redone, and sure enough, 7 months later it yellowed again. I gave up. Don't want to deal with the shop. I will redo it at some point when I feel confident enough in a product that does not yellow.
What brand of film was it? The place that does it can only get it as good as the film. Just like any other car part. Some brands have better products than others. 3m/avery/ and a bunch of other no name brands have really crappy film. Not to mention white cars are the most difficult when it comes to putting clear film on them. I have a venture shield and almost no one can tell there is a braw on it. However i have a dark blue evo not a white evo.
Old May 1, 2010, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

any companies carry the option to have the full hood and fenders along with the bumper? so there wont be a visible line.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

I used to sell Venture Shields at my local dealerships and they were quality. Anything that has lifetime warranty on it is a no-brainer in my book (such as my tint as well).

I'm suprised although that you found someone willing to do an Evo especially since the bumpers are complicated as heck to cut for, most don't even have a template for our cars
Old May 1, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SavEVOIX
I used to sell Venture Shields at my local dealerships and they were quality. Anything that has lifetime warranty on it is a no-brainer in my book (such as my tint as well).

I'm suprised although that you found someone willing to do an Evo especially since the bumpers are complicated as heck to cut for, most don't even have a template for our cars
Any quality installer has no problem custom cutting pieces. The guy I use actually custom cuts everything, he use to use the templates but said he spent more time trying to get the templates just right then it takes him to custom cut everything himself - not to mention it gives him ultimate flexibility to do whatever the customer wants.
Old May 1, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

The problem I've found is finding a "quality installer." I'll take a few rock chips over a hack install w/ razor marks anyday. And if it's over $500 to install the bra, might as well just get a respray b4 I sell. Hrmm.
Old May 2, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka
The Venture Shield film doesn't yellow like the 3M film does, its a much higher quality product. As soon as I get a price on the wing I'll let you guys know, the installer is going to take a look and get back to me.
its not the bra that yellows - sometimes the lubricant used reacts with the bra adhesive and yellows...