Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Tarmac Black Evo IX SE + Chargespeed CF Trunk + Evo VII tails

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DS-03evo
Ahhh....that's no fun
don't like road salt makes a mess underneath, $hit i don't even drive the thing in the rain... i like it to stay clean, and it ain't easy with black
Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah it leaks a very small amount. I put silicone window sealant from the auto parts store under the flanges on the exterior side of the window and now nothing gets in.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Very NICE!!!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

looks good
Old Nov 23, 2007, 03:03 PM

looks like a lancer from the back
Old Nov 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

sick
Old Nov 24, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the stock IX tails looked better on black because your whole car is black. if you're gonna rock the cf trunk, it needs a cf hood too. get Volk RE30's. rota's suck. put the wing back on. honestly your stockers in black would be better than rota's.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and why not get a JDM IX rear instead of just smoking that reflector? IX rear would look a lot better
Old Nov 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Why do we tolerate these people?

This is only my second or third post as I mainly browse and appreciate all of the information provided by this great community. So it took something very daunting to make me want to post on this thread.

I am just about up to eye level with ricers. To belittle someone with "Ugh, Why did you put those tails on there?"

The man likes the look of VII tails, and so do I to be honest. They are clean and don't blend in so much with the body of our evolutions. Instead they set off the already sharp lines of the rear fender flares and balance the car out a bit. With a black housing beside the black paint it blends in even more (Which is the opposite for the front end, looks great with black headlight housings).

No (real) performance minded vehicle has ever worn clear tails. Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, BMW, Lotus... none of these fine machines wear anything other than red on their rear lenses (well, aside from their reverse lights and turn signals that is). We believe our car meets the same high pedigree. We are right pound for pound and currency for currency it does, and on real world outback roads no question it is even faster then most of those nameplate's models. So why bring it down to Honda Civic level by putting on those awful things (Or leaving them on in some of our cases).

I don't mean to disrespect anyone one of you as I would back you up in any instant as you are part of the community. Probably by you a cold one as well and have a bit of a laugh.

But please don't question our fellow enthusiast's opinion, especially when it is rather tasteful. It pains me to see pictures posted of a chrome wheeled evo and people all like "Those rims are hot!" as much as i want to be kind and respect their opinion, well, i just can't because i know it's crap, it's just not what the evo is about. And when that 911 owner looks over he will label the car as he sees it, and he will be right, our corner craving beast down graded to a helping of glitz and flash.

My opinion on your car... black out the headlamp housings as many have said, remove the Mitsu badging front and rear (completely), delete the wiper and shave the keyhole on the trunk, then have your new carbon fiber trunk, with that gorgeous CF weave... painted TB *gasp*. CF stock like hood, again paint it. RA mirrors if you can get your hands on a pair and paint them. You went wingless...continue the subtlety I say JDM rear, CF trunk lip and front lip (don't paint these). Paint wheels black (you won't find many lighter or better the the ones you have for the size). TB already stealth, painted CF super stealth, you lose a good load of high mounted weight = class and smirk on your face knowing no one will know what you have by just looking at it. Either way you go and keep her looking good, and sweet tails bro!

God damn that's a f***ing long post, had no intention of it really. Looks like i won't post again for a year.

Peace and love to ya all... be safe.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 07:36 PM
CGK
Evolving Member

Nice and clean, man. Looks good.

The dog needs a 50 trim kit.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
and why not get a JDM IX rear instead of just smoking that reflector? IX rear would look a lot better
i was considering it, but i dont think it looks *that* great for the money and would have to modify exhaust.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

I'm a fan of the wingless look. Seven tails are my favorite on any color.
car looks good. Although I do think the jdm nine rear sets off the wingless look.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

put back the se taillights
Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stunt1o1
put back the se taillights
ok since you say so
Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Looks great Joel! Definitely interested in seeing what you put down with that setup. I'm most likely going that route as well on my IX.

BTW...how in the world do you have enough time in the day to work on all of your projects???

p.s. noticed you got your car at D'Ambrosio...got mine there as well!

Quick Reply: Tarmac Black Evo IX SE + Chargespeed CF Trunk + Evo VII tails