Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Blizzaks...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got ws-50s and they are fine..
and it was on sale.. ws-60 and 50 are not that different..
Old Dec 16, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Corey
My car came with the Blizzak LM-25's. Over all they are a good tire. I was gonna sell them and buy some all seasons, but these will do fine. I just hope we get a good amount of snow so I car try them out.
Keep the LM-25s. They are great for the snow and ice (like we just had fall last night...I live on the north side of Indy), and are higher speed rated than the other Blizzak tires, so your stability at speeds will be greater. Keep those for snow, and get a set of nicer tires for the summer. That way you have tires that allow seasonal maximums in performance.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
Keep the LM-25s. They are great for the snow and ice (like we just had fall last night...I live on the north side of Indy), and are higher speed rated than the other Blizzak tires, so your stability at speeds will be greater. Keep those for snow, and get a set of nicer tires for the summer. That way you have tires that allow seasonal maximums in performance.
I'm not going to sell them. They will be fine for what I do with the car and that is driving it on the weekends. Hopefully I'll have me a summer wheel and tire setup and I won't have to switch tires out every season. If thats the case, the Blizzaks will just stay on til they die.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Just so everyone knows, the WS line of Blizzaks will lend themselves to performing better in the really deep and ugly snow and ice, but you must use caution because they have a very low speed rating. Remember that when the roads are dry. This is important because they are not engineered for high speed use (95 mph +). I know, some of you are saying, 'Who drives that fast on snow tires,' but there are those people out there....and for those people, the LM series of tires was invented. The Blizzak LM-25 tires, for example, have a speed rating of around 130 mph, and more refined tread pattern and chemical composition that gives up a little of the WS series ultimate snow and ice grip in order to perform better and be more responsive in the dry, and much more stable at higher speeds.

Think of the WS series as having a bunch of little suction cups in the tread, because they really are pretty much like that. These little suction cups are busy grabbing on to the ice for traction, but do not like to be bothered or rushed by high speeds. The LM series pulls back the suction cup powers a little in favor of saying, 'Okay! Lets haul some tail,' but still provides about 90% of the WS series winter grip. For performance cars like the Evolution, the LM really is the best choice. You can still drive quickly and have the responsiveness in the dry, yet have the grip when the snow flies and things turn nasty. The WS series is much more numb for a car like this. I hope this helps.