Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

some pics of my Evo 6 TME from germany,this is how we do it!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mmm TME! sweet!!!!!!!!!! 1
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WoW..that is Gorgeous!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

One of the best handling Evos ever...imo
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

nicest evo ever posted on evom? you got my vote

amazing.

and its LHD
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:44 AM

Thanks guys,im amazed how many of you like it,as you normaly dont have the older evo´s
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goood taste in cars. I think I would own those exact 3 if I could afford them
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvolutionVI
Thanks guys,im amazed how many of you like it,as you normaly dont have the older evo´s
Well that's the exact reason why everybody likes it so much...

US guys are so damn tired of all of those VIIIs and IXs and the older generation Evos are really hot. Hence, Americans absolutely love the VIs, Vs, etc. that occasionally pop up on the forums.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

that's got to be the coolest evo on the planet...hands down...i mean that is what the evo is all about!!!!!

that skyline is awesome as well...wish i could have one of those too!

the evo and the skyline-gtr....the best 2 cars ever made in my opinion

Last edited by kilgoja; Dec 18, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 04:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, are you single? jk, but seriously. no really jk.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:00 AM

I really didn´t expect such a feedback,guys.

For me the TME is a special car,i own it since 4 years and modified it every year a bit more,but drove it all the time,80000km in 3 years,then in october 2006 i had a crash on the way home from a 1/4 mile race,a BMW decided to drive into my side,so the car was pretty much damaged. First i did think about a new shell,forget it,LHD shells are not to find,and then there is the registration process if it would be a new shell,nearly impossible in germany(the car is registered for roaduse,normal plates on,the red dealer plates are just temporary,as not all parts are registered in the papers yet,and when the police hold me up,they cant do me anything on the dealer plates). First thing was: I wanted to keep "my TME",so it was clear that the car will be rebuild completly,i striped it down till the last screw,car goes to the bodyshop for a new b-billar and to make it straight again,as it was bend very little from the crash. after that i send it to my cagebuilder,told him i want a cage that is not as usual with 10000 pipes,i wanted a cage that is light,rigid,a lot of headspace,userfiendly and safe. Im very happy with what he did,as i have no X in the doors,i have so much headspace,you cant even see the front half of the cage when you look from the side in the car,as it is completly under the roof,all welded to the chassis

After it came back from him,i needed to source the parts,4 new doors,Varis Trunk and Bonnet,new sideskirts,thats it,put it together and voila,nothing to see from the crash,all parts line up,perfect

Next was the painting,what color,first i was thinking to go for some white to fit my other cars,but no,it will never be the same car for me when painted white,so it goes back to oem passion red with the stripes

disassembled all the underfloor,looked for rust,nothing,just 2 small pieces with a bit of surface rust,good base to start on. sanded it down,primered etc.. paint on,all the underbody is painted in red. then all the suspension parts are on the list,cleaning,changing etc... everything has to look like new was the goal,it was just around 2000USD for new screws ,but yes,that what i wanted,everything new,i needed to go that way

Then the enginebay,every part that was not needed to attach something,was cut away to have space for the intercoolerpipes etc.

after that the car goes to my friends paintshop,for a complete paintjob,all the body,inside,enginebayoutside was painted in shiny red,good job man

Next was the install of all parts needed,and when i say needed,i mean needed

Nothing what is not needed to drive it was installed,no heater,not electric windows,no ac,doors are cut out on the inside etc.. to bring the weight down to my goal of 1200kg drive ready with fluids(i wanted even to buy carbon doors,but they are not available in good quality,and as i wanted the car perfect lining up everywhere,i did not go that way). Install of all took a long time,as we only did something to it when there was time(and time is a big problem,as i have too much work on customer cars),then the wiring loom was next,it is striped out as much as possible,running a Autronic SM4 with R500CDI and coil on plug i dont need any piece of the oem engine loom,so that was a easy thing,just needed to put the plugs for all the sensors to the SM4 loom,but then there was the wiring loom for the chassis/lights etc.. no cables left that are not used,every thing is striped out,around 20kg just in cables saved

Last on the list was small details,stickers..........and learning the engine to run again,so mapping the car was the last on my "to do" list,i like to map cars on the street,as it is more accurate then mapping a car on a dyno,where it get too less air for cooling,runs hotter etc... I mapped cars on dynos,but not happy with the results,so i like to map them where are are used. Rainy day,one of my best friends drove,german Autobahn ,going 4 and 5 gear on semislicks in rainy weather is no real fun,but we needed to do it. I mapped it to around 85%,AFR´s is far too rich,but it was to dangerous to do more,as it was very fast and there was a lot of traffic,but that was ok,as i just wanted the car finished for that driftevent where i put the video on. As you can see in the video,car worked well,no problems,thats how i like it

Thanks guys,for the friendly welcome
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

some beautiful cars...lovin the VI
Old Dec 19, 2007, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
nice car, i dont think you know how much i hate you for being able to have this, damn US DOT laws!!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

well done!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 04:45 PM

sell it to me
Old Dec 19, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolutionVI
if you move here with that, you could sell it for amazing price,seriusly.
The TME is unique and i also love it.
But here in the us. have an extra value, since the first evo was the 8 what you really can buy here.
You know when the neighbor grass is always greener...
i got some many times: yeh yeh its a IX ,but the SIX is much better. /not the TME just the gsr/

Quick Reply: some pics of my Evo 6 TME from germany,this is how we do it!