Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

A-Pillar Glare on middle gauge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008 | 09:23 PM

A-Pillar Glare on middle gauge

I just got the Triple EVO Full A-Pillar Gauge Pod Grey 52mm from LancerShop along with the AEM Tru Boost and AEM UEGO Wide band. The 3rd tweeter at the top is empty at this time.

When driving at night on the highway I get a horrible glare off of the middle gauge. (nearly blinding) I am using the black faces on the AEM gauges. Anyone have any suggestions? Something that would wrap around the outside of the gauge to shield it from the light?
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know what company, (but I think defi has some, or someone makes them for defi gauges?) they are little shields that pancake between the gauge face and the pod and have a little hood. They couldnt be more than a couple of bucks, mabye try those, in fact I think they are called "individual gauge hoods", correct me if I am wrong.
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 10:01 PM

Thanks, I just found this:
http://prosportgauges.com/gauge-hood-visor--52mm.aspx

Will keep looking to see if I can find anything better that would match the trim on the car.
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Thats what I was thinking of I think. I saw them installed on a rexpeed dash 3x pod and looked nice, I have that pod, might look up that picture cause I get a reflection on the windshield that drives me nuts sometimes.

On a side note, you could try the old fashioned way of getting some of that computer monitor anti-glare stuff, and "tinting" your gauges with it, Im not positive that will work however, I know it works on monitors. When it comes to monitors, anti-glare tint FTMFW