Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

AGP Intercooler on EVO 8 or 9

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by GGEvoNine
I will be getting retuned on dyno this saturday so lets see if i make any more power.. atleast I won't heatsoak anymore.
Wingz Dyno Day?!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAHA yes!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by t51splbb
The AGP FMIC uses a Garrett core.
They stopped using Garrett cores a long time ago unfortunately.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
Amazing intercooler. I have one on my IX and will never use anything else. I race my IX with NASA AZ and I have never had an issue with it. It looks great and performs even better. This is a killer holiday sale, you will not find a better 3.5" Intercooler for $400.00 bucks, period. AGP will take good care of you.
Thanks for the reply! This ic is getting more attractive by the day.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:38 AM

Just Picked one up a few weeks ago.. right now they're at the lowest pricing!! Luckily I live in arizona (AGP located here) so i walked out the door with a Brand new one for $395! Talked to one of the employees who was selling his old one with red AGP logo on it for $200 if you're interested in that you might want to call them up and see if they still have it.. keep in mind, that one is used so its about 8/10 condition.

as far as quality goes these IC's are great quality with nice welds and I'm very happy with mine! they are definitely heavier then the stock IC though but it dwarfs stock unit. I think they fit better on 9 bumper cause I had to do zero cutting although i don't have my stock undertray no more or else i might of had to cut that.. seems from the above pics some cutting is required on the evo 8 bumper.

I can't really explain it as its probably all in my head but my car seems to pull harder.. I will be getting retuned on dyno this saturday so lets see if i make any more power.. atleast I won't heatsoak anymore.
Thanks for the reply! Keep me posted on how your car performed on the dyno after the retune and how much more power you were able to pick up after that tune. I just might call them to see if they still have that used one for sale. Not a bad price if it's still functional and has no leaks.

Last edited by turboeclipse2wd; Dec 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 09:26 AM

FYI - I called AGP Turbo on Friday...They said that they have used Garrett cores in the past, but that is no longer the case. In fact he could not even tell me what brand cores they use anymore, only that they use the "same high quality cores that have always been used".
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by turboeclipse2wd
FYI - I called AGP Turbo on Friday...They said that they have used Garrett cores in the past, but that is no longer the case. In fact he could not even tell me what brand cores they use anymore, only that they use the "same high quality cores that have always been used".
well thats discouraging... i think i have buyers remorse. I guess thats why I got the IC so cheap.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

well thats discouraging... i think i have buyers remorse. I guess thats why I got the IC so cheap.
What does it matter what core they use? Their core works just fine. ETS makes probably the most popular intercooler for the Evo 8/9 and they don't use Garrett cores either. I love my AGP Intercooler and the 26whp I gained from it gives me no reason to get rid of it. There's a member on here that hit 752whp on this intercooler.

Last edited by e_kobz; Dec 10, 2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:29 AM

What does it matter what core they use? Their core works just fine. ETS makes probably the most popular intercooler for the Evo 8/9 and they don't use Garrett cores either. I love my AGP Intercooler and the 26whp I gained from it gives me no reason to get rid of it. There's a member on here that hit 752whp on this intercooler.
HAHA you're right and i was just kidding.. im very happy with mine and love the price compared to others that's why i had to jump on it!! I didnt get great results on wingz dyno day cause of a boost leak.. have to do a boost leak test to see where im leaking at and i'm also sure my stock DV doesnt like 30 psi. BTW i think i saw your post on desert evos on your new FP manifold!! looks really nice and you can still use heatshield if you wanted to right? man i wish i saw that deal.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

HAHA you're right and i was just kidding.. im very happy with mine and love the price compared to others that's why i had to jump on it!! I didnt get great results on wingz dyno day cause of a boost leak.. have to do a boost leak test to see where im leaking at and i'm also sure my stock DV doesnt like 30 psi. BTW i think i saw your post on desert evos on your new FP manifold!! looks really nice and you can still use heatshield if you wanted to right? man i wish i saw that deal.
Yeah the stock DV's don't hold up well at that boost level. Mine started leaking around 26psi and I was tuned at 30psi, I believe Morgan (RR Evo IX RS) had the same issue. I switched to a Cobb DV and he switched to a Synapse. He picked up like 20whp and a ton of torque after making the switch, I suspect I will have a similar experience once I get tuned. And yeah that was my post Thanks for the kind words. The FP Manifold does fit under the factory heat shield but I'm not going to, it looks too good to cover up And if you're interested in getting the FP manifold they still have them for sale on their website at Black Friday pricing of $150.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:16 AM

I agree, I don't think it really matter what name brand core they use, what matter is the quality of the product and that it performs as it is intended to. I am still very seriously thinking of getting this ic, I think the extra power gained from it will be great, and it looks good too. I might have to wait until after the holiday though.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agp

Are they located in az? Also how long is the one you guys have end tank to end tank? Have a c west front im trying to fill up!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Is there any data proving these intercoolers work well? Back to back WOT runs logging air intake temps? IC might be my next mod, so I want to do it right the first time.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by evo_nation
Are they located in az? Also how long is the one you guys have end tank to end tank? Have a c west front im trying to fill up!
Yes, they are located in Tempe, AZ.

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
Is there any data proving these intercoolers work well? Back to back WOT runs logging air intake temps? IC might be my next mod, so I want to do it right the first time.
On their website they show an image of a dyno test, they claim an 2006 IX with only a turboback exhaust showed a gain of 25 ft/lbs of torque and 25 hp.

That is all I have seen, someone else here said they were going to tune and dyno their car after installing this ic. Still hoping they post the new numbers with it so I can see the difference before I pull the trigger on this ic.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered one this week. Attempted the instal, but ran into problems conneting the couplers. It seemed like the provided couplers were not long enough. I am getting help from Ben at AGP. Most likely just gonna make the 2.5 hr drive up to them and have them install it. Maybe a run on the dyno before and after. Who knows!!!

Quick Reply: AGP Intercooler on EVO 8 or 9