Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010 | 02:45 AM
Account Disabled

So, just to be sure a 18x10.5 +15 wheel will work with the Voltex kit without the need of spacers or the over fenders correct?
Old May 28, 2010 | 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

yes. with the STREET version of the full voltex kit that will work. im running that with 275/35 all around and fine.

i have the rear overfenders and voltex front.
Old May 28, 2010 | 08:32 AM
Account Disabled

I'd love to get the double over fenders but I dont want to be running huge spacers and have to get the adjustable front lower control arms since thats even more huge $$$ even the ccw wheels aren't exactly cheap. Crunching the numbers its like an extra $6-9 grand ish to go with the double overs -over the street kit
Old May 28, 2010 | 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
I think i should drive both you guys evos then deciede if they are different LOL. In all seriousness i never was a fan of no wing still not. it looks good in some applications. like evoivgsr is good. hell while i was waiting on my apr gtc spoiler i was wingless for one week
haha Wish you lived closer to US then We are close to each other why do you have to be so fat away

And thanks for the complement I kinda Want to Keep it white but I am so indecisive on colors I want White, Blue or something fun and different

Originally Posted by foam
I kind of agree with Rockman. I'm a wing guy though so my opinion is biased haha... I have the wing off on my Evo and it just looks like its missing something in the back. I can't wait until my Voltex wing comes in. I think I'm leaving my stock wing off just because I'm too lazy to bolt it back on haha.
Don't get me wrong I love wings but if I am going to have a wing on mine I want the Voltex Wing. It just looks better and goes with the rest of the kit. Other wings look good but not as good as the Voltex does with the kit. It just flows so well

But I also don't care to see a giant wing on a street car running around town. My Friends STI can attest to that He is usually wingless around town and throws the wing on for the track. Thats what I would and probably will do later down the road. But I just don't have the kinda $$$ I use to now that I am a full time College student So maybe after I get done and pay off my school debt and get a Evo X for my Daily Driver Then I will have more fun with the Evo 8 and get the Voltex hood and Wing

Originally Posted by freshkid
I want to go wingless so bad.
DO IT I like it

Originally Posted by lilal
DAYYYUMM!!! your ride look so sick Evolution IVGSR . i like the double amber headlights did you paint the bottom ones??
Thanks man It was tinted but its started coming off after 2 years so I am ether going to paint it this time or do the Blacked out housing so it looks like the JDM Mr 8 head lights. We will see. As for the tail lights I have the UK 8 tails in the pictures you see but I also have a set of JDM 7's and another set of JDM 8 MR black ones Its so that when I change my mind on looks I can mix it up to give the car a different look

I have collected so many parts for my car Is not even funny. I have 3 different front bumpers for my car now, 2 different sets of front fenders, 2 different hoods, 2 different trunks, two rear bumpers, and 3 different tail lights Can you say OVER KILL
Old May 28, 2010 | 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by .RYAN
So, just to be sure a 18x10.5 +15 wheel will work with the Voltex kit without the need of spacers or the over fenders correct?
Yep I have 17x10 + 18 right now and had 18x10.5 +30 with 10mm spacers so a +20 and also had 18x10.5 +15. The 18x10.5 +15 Fit the best tho nice and flush with the kit and No Spacers needed

Originally Posted by Gary 805
yes. with the STREET version of the full voltex kit that will work. im running that with 275/35 all around and fine.

i have the rear overfenders and voltex front.
I ran a 275 as well and fit fine. I also had 265 and they had a nice slight stretch to them and where great Right now with my 10" wide wheels I have 255 and its nice since I lowered the car more

P.S GARY I LOVE YOUR CAR AND COLOR YOU CHOSE

Originally Posted by turbotime
I'd love to get the double over fenders but I dont want to be running huge spacers and have to get the adjustable front lower control arms since thats even more huge $$$ even the ccw wheels aren't exactly cheap. Crunching the numbers its like an extra $6-9 grand ish to go with the double overs -over the street kit
Same here Maybe down the road when I start tracking the car and Its more needed. Street driving its not needed but its sick and very aggressive looking
Old May 28, 2010 | 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lilal
DAYYYUMM!!! your ride look so sick Evolution IVGSR . i like the double amber headlights did you paint the bottom ones??
yup i got top and bottom amber as well

Name:  DSC_2871.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  93.8 KB
Old May 28, 2010 | 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
haha Wish you lived closer to US then We are close to each other why do you have to be so fat away

And thanks for the complement I kinda Want to Keep it white but I am so indecisive on colors I want White, Blue or something fun and different

Don't get me wrong I love wings but if I am going to have a wing on mine I want the Voltex Wing. It just looks better and goes with the rest of the kit. Other wings look good but not as good as the Voltex does with the kit. It just flows so well

But I also don't care to see a giant wing on a street car running around town. My Friends STI can attest to that He is usually wingless around town and throws the wing on for the track. Thats what I would and probably will do later down the road. But I just don't have the kinda $$$ I use to now that I am a full time College student So maybe after I get done and pay off my school debt and get a Evo X for my Daily Driver Then I will have more fun with the Evo 8 and get the Voltex hood and Wing

DO IT I like it

Thanks man It was tinted but its started coming off after 2 years so I am ether going to paint it this time or do the Blacked out housing so it looks like the JDM Mr 8 head lights. We will see. As for the tail lights I have the UK 8 tails in the pictures you see but I also have a set of JDM 7's and another set of JDM 8 MR black ones Its so that when I change my mind on looks I can mix it up to give the car a different look

I have collected so many parts for my car Is not even funny. I have 3 different front bumpers for my car now, 2 different sets of front fenders, 2 different hoods, 2 different trunks, two rear bumpers, and 3 different tail lights Can you say OVER KILL
You could always make a road trip hommie LOL. i plan on seeing gary once this motor build is done for my repainting job.
Old May 28, 2010 | 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR

That is the dream to have a X as a daily haha
Old May 28, 2010 | 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Man,

I just finished taping up the car im driving it up to NYC tonight. Why? Just because. Going with the Girlie.
Old May 28, 2010 | 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gary 805
Thanks Man,

I just finished taping up the car im driving it up to NYC tonight. Why? Just because. Going with the Girlie.
why do people do that tape **** up?? i just drove 550 miles no tape and guess what just alittle bug juice but all fine onced washed? pics of this tape job??
Old May 28, 2010 | 05:28 PM

since u are all on the wheel fitment question. spacers for 18.9.5+27 with 275s for front and rears on wide body. i know ppl running 10 and 4 on non-wide.
Old May 28, 2010 | 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ that won't be flush with the front or rear fenders. On a 9.5 wide you need at least 20mm spacers
Old May 28, 2010 | 09:58 PM

20 all around?
Old May 28, 2010 | 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grimrpr9
20 all around?
yes, of course it depends on the style of wheel but im on 18x9.5+20 with 20mm spacers and the wheels are just barely flush.
Old May 28, 2010 | 10:06 PM

18x9.5 +27

Quick Reply: Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!