Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013 | 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AMF
Replicas are fine, but when someone tries to front showing their knockoffs pretending they have the real deal kinda makes me sick and I've seen a couple of peeps in here in this thread alone. 'you know who you are'... If you don't have the authentic stuff, big deal. No one will laugh at you. You spend what you can afford and be happy with it, be yourself, don't try to front.... and mind you this is the 'official voltex picture thread' not Vis or gangnam style thread.

I actually know of someone that put a 'real' voltex sticker on the fake busted diffuser that he salvaged, then claimed that it was the real deal and that he paid top dollar for it...smh. You can't claimed that you have a rolex when you have a rorex.. just saying.

Anyways, back on topic! VoltexTR, car looks good. What's your wheel/tire setup?

I have a couple of Roltex pieces in the shop getting ready to be put in. will update when its done. Just having nightmares thinking about hacking the quarter and the jdm bumper haha..
you putting fake parts on your car, good luck bro if it was me , " get the real deal or just leave it stock" just sayin....
Old Mar 12, 2013 | 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sunrichmond
you putting fake parts on your car, good luck bro if it was me , " get the real deal or just leave it stock" just sayin....
X2, and don't post any pics in this thread
Old Mar 12, 2013 | 11:39 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Using FAKE parts also puts the REAL guys out of business...Save your money for the REAL deal!
Old Mar 13, 2013 | 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NJ9MR
Using FAKE parts also puts the REAL guys out of business...Save your money for the REAL deal!
That's completely untrue.
Old Mar 13, 2013 | 10:29 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

^Oh really? How so? The real guys do the design, R&D investment ($$) and some other (fake) guys sell copies of it when the original manufacturer is losing that revenue...
Please expalin!

Last edited by NJ9MR; Mar 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2013 | 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
you serious?
Old Mar 14, 2013 | 04:27 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Well?

Crickets...
Old Mar 14, 2013 | 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

His argument is going to be that people buying fakes would never have bought the real thing anyway. Although partially that may be true, it's definitely not the complete picture.

My challenge to that theory is that people who WOULD buy the real thing no longer want to because every ghetto evo is running Boltex fake bumpers. The parts would be much more exclusive if people weren't copying them. It does hurt the real deal companies no matter what anyone says.
Old Mar 14, 2013 | 11:02 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

^ I agree with you...But! If it takes you lets say, three months to save for something Voltex, I would rather wait 5-6 months and get the REAL thing. Some people want instant gratification and get something NOW...And concept is with wheels, body kits, etc. Dare I say what wheel company (lol!)?

They don't think long term! I'll get that fake part now, screw-over the actual company that put there time & money into R&D and used the right materials, etc. Later on, these same guys are wondering why their body kit doesn't fit right so they have to pay the body shop EXTRA money to 'make it fit', or fix the cracks...In the long run: "You get what you pay for." "Pay now, or pay later."

Last edited by NJ9MR; Mar 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2013 | 01:09 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: ArmyFCOTM Winner

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
His argument is going to be that people buying fakes would never have bought the real thing anyway. Although partially that may be true, it's definitely not the complete picture.

My challenge to that theory is that people who WOULD buy the real thing no longer want to because every ghetto evo is running Boltex fake bumpers. The parts would be much more exclusive if people weren't copying them. It does hurt the real deal companies no matter what anyone says.
i totally agree; i feel the same way about those hooligans rockin the fake stuff.

while i was contemplating getting new parts for my car, i considered getting other brands besides voltex that didn't aesthetically appeal to me, like varis because of their exclusivity. there are no companies out there that i know of making copies of the varis kits; if there are, i haven't seen them and they're not all over the place.
voltex, on the other hand, has been copied and replicated so many times by so many companies, and a lot of people out there are rocking that fake stuff, some of them i've seen are trying passing it off as the real deal. it kinda steered me away from voltex for a little bit, but i loved voltex too much so i decided to get it anyway.
Old Mar 14, 2013 | 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

^ I agree with you...But! If it takes you lets say, three months to save for something Voltex, I would rather wait 5-6 months and get the REAL thing. Some people want instant gratification and get something NOW...And concept is with wheels, body kits, etc. Dare I say what wheel company (lol!)?

They don't think long term! I'll get that fake part now, screw-over the actual company that put there time & money into R&D and used the right materials, etc. Later on, these same guys are wondering why their body kit doesn't fit right so they have to pay the body shop EXTRA money to 'make it fit', or fix the cracks...In the long run: "You get what you pay for." "Pay now, or pay later."
EXactly what im saying,

cmon guys this is not a honda " keep it real"
Old Mar 17, 2013 | 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

photo candid a random guy posted of my car.
Attached Thumbnails Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!-804126_10151356202745922_53844415_n.jpg  
Old Mar 19, 2013 | 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

^Oh really? How so? The real guys do the design, R&D investment ($$) and some other (fake) guys sell copies of it when the original manufacturer is losing that revenue...
Please expalin!
you serious?

That is not the premise of my statement or response. It was in response to "buying fakes puts the real companies out of business." That is completely false.

I challenge all the naysayers to go to Wal-mart and check out the Name brands vs "Off brands (Fakes)". I'll give you a hint of some things to look for. Groceries (cereal), Batteries, Tools...etc. Are those fakes putting General Mills or Duracell out of business? NO. So the premise that buying fakes put "good" companies out of business is completely false.
Old Mar 19, 2013 | 09:36 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

That is not the premise of my statement or response. It was in response to "buying fakes puts the real companies out of business." That is completely false.

I challenge all the naysayers to go to Wal-mart and check out the Name brands vs "Off brands (Fakes)". I'll give you a hint of some things to look for. Groceries (cereal), Batteries, Tools...etc. Are those fakes putting General Mills or Duracell out of business? NO. So the premise that buying fakes put "good" companies out of business is completely false.
Hand-made limited production items for a very small niche community are VERY DIFFERENT from mass-produced items at WalMart.

Your analogy between Voltex/Varis and Duracell are way off-base.

On another point, you don't see off-brand items blatantly advertising "Duracell style or General Mills style" items. It usually says WalMart cornflakes, Wal Mart batteries. For some reason in the Evo community, putting style at the end of a copied product makes it acceptable.
Old Mar 19, 2013 | 10:02 AM
AMF

wow why so serious.... it was a joke..

Quick Reply: Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!