Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
DRIVELINE Question for my own knowledge. Is there anyway you could get the cf voltex hood like one you had in stock or show peace type deal or just have to find a used one or get the seibon version as most do. I already have a beastly hood just wanted to know if i ever decided to switch it up.
The CFRP versions are really only available if you find some guy in states sell his/hers used. I think there is about 4 or 5 stateside, brought over originally by J-onDemand.

The only thing we can offer is the Seibon Carbon version or the Voltex FRP version.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

so it is true that Voltex discontinued the CFRP version?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Rockman, I appreciate you brother. Hey here in about two weeks, I'll be in LA visiting family. I might have to come and say wussup. I should be in LA for about two to three days before I head to Miami. I just have to hurry up and get my car in the shop this weekend to get my clutch fixed. Its slipping lol
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MR_Evo206
so it is true that Voltex discontinued the CFRP version?
Yes, that's correct.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Hey Rockman, I appreciate you brother. Hey here in about two weeks, I'll be in LA visiting family. I might have to come and say wussup. I should be in LA for about two to three days before I head to Miami. I just have to hurry up and get my car in the shop this weekend to get my clutch fixed. Its slipping lol
OK cool let me know something ill be around
Old Jan 28, 2010, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just need to express something. I see a lot of people saying their Voltex kits are "flimsy" like it's a bad thing. You bought genuine RACE CAR AERO PARTS. Real race aero parts are not thick and heavy, they should be lightweight and flexible. On a race car they only need to be rigid enough not to buckle under wind resistance. Thick, heavy, and stiff composites break when impacted. Thin and flexible ones do not. So before you all go thinkingyour kit is "flimsy" and you wish it were thicker, keep that in mind. If you still think your Voltex aero parts should be thicker, you're a poseur who is buying race car parts for a street car and don't know the true characteristics of race body parts.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

ok people buy what they want does not mean you use it for its intented use but guess what its there choice and it is flimpsy and considering its there money they have every right to complain all they want race inspired or not.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

ok people buy what they want does not mean you use it for its intented use but guess what its there choice and it is flimpsy and considering its there money they have every right to complain all they want race inspired or not.
So if you personally sold me a pair of flip flops and I went to try to climb Mount Everest in them, and got my feet amputated from frostbite and I blamed you saying they are too flimsy, your opinion would make me right?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hokiruu
So if you personally sold me a pair of flip flops and I went to try to climb Mount Everest in them, and got my feet amputated from frostbite and I blamed you saying they are too flimsy, your opinion would make me right?
you chose to buy it knowing full well that the parts(flip flops) could have been flimpsy. The fact that they are is your right to complain its not going to change the fact that they already have your money and no refunds but its still your right to complain. btw sorry about your feet LOL
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

can anyone point me to some tow hooks taht work with voltex front? trying to mount a license plate bracket to a tow hook

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

you chose to buy it knowing full well that the parts(flip flops) could have been flimpsy. The fact that they are is your right to complain its not going to change the fact that they already have your money and no refunds but its still your right to complain. btw sorry about your feet LOL
You completely missed my point and I never said they "dont have the right to complain." My point is, what could be perceived as "flimsiness" is actually flexibility which = strength, compared the "solidity/rigidity" which = CRACK. this is why I have spent a lot of money on aero parts from companies like GP Sports, besides the fitment, it's the quality of the material used and the thinner design, as opposed to thick, heavy fiberglass.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

You completely missed my point and I never said they "dont have the right to complain." My point is, what could be perceived as "flimsiness" is actually flexibility which = strength, compared the "solidity/rigidity" which = CRACK. this is why I have spent a lot of money on aero parts from companies like GP Sports, besides the fitment, it's the quality of the material used and the thinner design, as opposed to thick, heavy fiberglass.
did not miss your point at all. I understand why they are so called flimpsy you stated in your first rant why its is suppose to be like that and people that are complaining are posers. i like fiberglass kits i never had any issues with all the kits i have owned. I have used it all lol but nothing wrong with the flimpsnesss. long as it looks good does its intended used for the owner is all that matters whatever that may be.

I just need to express something. I see a lot of people saying their Voltex kits are "flimsy" like it's a bad thing. You bought genuine RACE CAR AERO PARTS. Real race aero parts are not thick and heavy, they should be lightweight and flexible. On a race car they only need to be rigid enough not to buckle under wind resistance. Thick, heavy, and stiff composites break when impacted. Thin and flexible ones do not. So before you all go thinkingyour kit is "flimsy" and you wish it were thicker, keep that in mind. If you still think your Voltex aero parts should be thicker, you're a poseur who is buying race car parts for a street car and don't know the true characteristics of race body parts.

Last edited by RockmanX; Jan 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

I think people are complaining because voltex parts need more support than oem since they are thinner material and lighter. You can make them strong you just have to use all the supports that voltex sends out.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

bump for tow hooks that work with voltex front bumper? i need a tow hook to mount my license plate bracket

thanks
Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

*double post*

Quick Reply: Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!