Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by foam
You just gotta throw it in paint and not think about it. If you think about colors too much then you'll forever be changing. I had the same problem when I was picking my color for my old car
Well I think I am just going to have to paint one side of the car Blue and the other Gray now I am really going to paint both my front fenders and See how I like the 2 colors and pick one then.

Okay So I am so excited for a Friends New Time Attack Car that they just finished today and should be unveiling it at the first Button Willow Redline event end of the month all you guys need to know is its Full Voltex and Crazy I can't wait to see how it does but I hope there is no issues with anything. It is fully built and hasn't been able to see the track yet only Dyno sessions so we shall see how she does but Should still do well none the less
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^ It will join the long list of crazy built EVO's that do Redline. It will just be another one Who's car is it?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jid2
^^^ It will join the long list of crazy built EVO's that do Redline. It will just be another one Who's car is it?
He use to have a Yellow Evo and run out at Miller. Don't know if you know him but his team is Volo Motorsports
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

I know the old yellow car, and have heard of them.

Smack will be doing work with his serious car this year, as well as this car from socalmr that just got finished.

Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by foam
Just from personal experience, my friend's battleship grey bay is fading over time. It's turning yellow

and in response to #2, I think it looks nice to me?

Most people would agree with you. But since I deal with these things all day long, and you see this teal Lambo parked in a showroom full of other colored Lambo's and exotics, the teal looks like crap compared to all the other colors. Just from my experience.

And if your friend's engine bay is fading like that, it must be the paint or clear that they used. Color will not make an engine bay fade. He could have painted it yellow, green or blue, and it probably would still fade. I can guarantee the engine bays in a battleship gray Lambo or Ferrari will not fade, nor will yellow or orange. Has to be the materials that they used.

Sorry for going off topic in the Voltex thread.....now back to your regular scheduled program.......VOLTEX!

Last edited by h22gordo; Mar 12, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey jid i know you've been putting a lot of work in as well. do you know which events you're going to be able to make it down for? you have to at least come down for infineon. way closer to you than socal too

for me it's a 10 minute drive haha.

and yeah socalmr's new car is no joke. that's a nice build.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

jid...damn sexy man
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smack im going to pm you again later once i get some pics together for you man
Old Mar 13, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smack_evo
hey jid i know you've been putting a lot of work in as well. do you know which events you're going to be able to make it down for? you have to at least come down for infineon. way closer to you than socal too

for me it's a 10 minute drive haha.

and yeah socalmr's new car is no joke. that's a nice build.
I'm planning to bring my car down to Infineon actually, with zero Voltex on it. That track has always been on my to-do list, along with Laguna and the other classics. I'll send you a PM, I have some questions - like what's the chance of rain in October, and can a brother get E85 anywhere near the track. I need to decide if I'm going to pull the flat-bottom and run street tire, or just get worked in Modified. Probably do Modified and just come to have fun, street tires won't do Infineon justice.

Last edited by jid2; Mar 13, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 02:42 PM

A little to ricey for me
Old Mar 13, 2010, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smack_evo
hey now
Brought you out of the woodwork

When is the car going to be ready? I need a ride along if you decide to put your passenger seat back

will
Old Mar 13, 2010, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jid2
I'm planning to bring my car down to Infineon actually, with zero Voltex on it. That track has always been on my to-do list, along with Laguna and the other classics. I'll send you a PM, I have some questions - like what's the chance of rain in October, and can a brother get E85 anywhere near the track. I need to decide if I'm going to pull the flat-bottom and run street tire, or just get worked in Modified. Probably do Modified and just come to have fun, street tires won't do Infineon justice.
any chance that you car going to come back to Utah and hit up Miller this year I didn't have a chance to go out last year to busy with Work and school but I did make it out to Help out Adam Munoa and the Guys at a few of the MPRA races tho
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Okay i have selected a color. It is a bright color and will stand out which ill like. Im getting the car into the body shop next week as soon as they are finished with the one there working on now.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gary 805
Okay i have selected a color. It is a bright color and will stand out which ill like. Im getting the car into the body shop next week as soon as they are finished with the one there working on now.
Awesome Gary I can't wait Take lots of pics and show us too and what are they working on know
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary 805
Teal?

Quick Reply: Official VOLTEX Picture Thread!