Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Wheel cleaner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 07:46 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel cleaner

Does anyone know of a good wheel cleaner that will not screw up the wheels? I know good old soap and water but I would just love to spray something on and hose it off. Wheels are always a pain in the ***.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Yes wheels are a pain in the butt, and i have tried many wheel cleaners and havent found any that work. They all SUCK! I dont know why, and i follow the directions. Id like to know a good wheel cleaner too!
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Meguiers HOT WHEELS are the best for its price. It is really concentrated. You might need to scrub for big accumilation of brake dust. Other than that jsut rinse, spray, wait 15 secs, and hose off and the wheels are like new.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

The new Eagle One A-Z Wheel cleaner works well for me.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Do they work to the point where you dont have to touch the wheels at all? i know that higher break dust areas you may have to wipe, but is it really just a spay off?
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been using this Meguiars stuff since March when I picked up the new car. I am pretty happy with it. Sometimes I spray on rinse off then scrub for that showroom look....

Flybyevo...
Old Jul 28, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

P21S or Griot's Garage are by far the best. They're not acid based like the Meguiars. They're both approved by BBS and the P21S comes in a gel that can really cut through heavy dust build up.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been using S100, which is primarly marketed as a motorcycle cleaner. I used it for years on my ZX-9, and it works on grease and brake dust without being aggressive to the paint. I believe Honda dealers sell it labeled as HondaLine cleaner or some such name. It is a spray on hose off product, but tar spots in particular require scrubbing no matter what I have used. Actually the best thing I did was take the wheels off and put a couple of coats of carnuba on the rims. Since then, they have been much easier to clean.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Armor All Kicks ***. Try it for sure.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

I do it the good old fashioned way. Bucket of hot soapy water and a rag. A little elbow grease and your in good shape. No need to worry about chemicals damaging/cracking your rims. Sometimes you are just better off working a little bit harder to get better results that are consistant.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by imapunkclaimer
Armor All Kicks ***. Try it for sure.
on wheels...?

or do you mean the Quick Silver...?

all those wheel products suck IMO, you always have to end up doing some of it by hand... of course not everyone is as picky as myself...
Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ZapcoLancer
I do it the good old fashioned way. Bucket of hot soapy water and a rag. A little elbow grease and your in good shape. No need to worry about chemicals damaging/cracking your rims. Sometimes you are just better off working a little bit harder to get better results that are consistant.
This is basically what I do, but I have found an even better way. I basically go over the wheel with the rag to get it nice and soapy, then I take a wheel cleaner brush made by Turtle Wax that is just perfect for our wheels. It breaks up all of the dust and I can easily clean the inside of the wheel as well as the calipers.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

Eagles work just fine. I also used Armor-all (gray bottle) and liked it. However, P21S is my favorite. They have it in gel and regular wash. I recommend the gel one b/c it is much stronger than the regular wash.
I would also recommend putting Wheel Wax on your wheels after you dry them. It will definetely reduce the break dust sticking on your rims, also it will protect them from salt, dust etc.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 08:17 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
The P21S gel absolutely kicks butt. The P21S spray is pretty good too, especially if you clean your wheels regularly (i.e. every time you wash your car). I've been using Eagle One and it just doesn't cut brake dust as well. Going back to P21S after the bottle of Eagle one is gone...
Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

wheel wax?! i will have to get some of that, i have white wheels and they are a fawking ***** to keep clean

Quick Reply: Wheel cleaner