Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

JDM Headlight Projector Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yah i used to own a tsx and i miss the projectors on that thing the light was so much clearer than the evo but watever...the TSX and the S2k are the two best projectors honda ever made
Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Ha, I know the guy whose headlights those are. Looks good
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have to say in all honesty evo-love aside. The TSX has the best looking projectors I have ever seen. You most certainly can tell a TSX coming down the road from its beams, easily. This is a great mod, and I think the intall looks nice really, assuming they are aligned right with the gap evenly, and it is sturdy. Might cost a little too much to make it really worthwhile, but it is very desirable.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

I am the one who sent in the headlights for the retrofit. The reason I did it was because the JDM beam pattern annoyed the hell out of me when I drive at night. It was either I point the beam down, and get ****ty lighting and not blind people or raise the lights, get decent lighting and blind people. I am **** about lighting and love lighting, so anything like that annoys me. If you guys can wait a week, I will be doing a review on the retrofit with a lot of pictures from all angles. I know some of you might think it was a waste of money to do this, but to some people it's worth it .

To answer some questions: The price LightWerkz gives includes the parts + labor. You have to provide your own headlights and the shipping to and from him. You're going to need to contact him for a price quote, since he told me the pricing will be different from how much he quoted me since I was the first one to have this done by him.

Last edited by TeKiZeRo; Feb 21, 2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder if EVODave will be doing something similar after reading this. (assuming he reads this)
Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

hey TekiZeRo, can you PM me what ya paid for this? just to give me an Idea? I emailed him but havent heard back yet....those are just too damn sexy to pass up
Old Feb 22, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

For sure, I'll send you a PM right now. He'll definitely get back with you though, he's a pretty busy guy.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:12 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Just to confirm, I have an evo and my sister has a tsx. Her light output and beam width makes me jealous everytime i drive that car. The road is just flooded with light, and in comparison, my evo seems to have light spots everywhere. Honda have some of the best light optics in the world!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

dang, i have an s2000 and evo ix and my sister has a tsx. I can barely notice that the beam is better in the s2000 and tsx. Visibility is fine with my evo. It would be one thing if visibility sucked with the evo then i might consider this mod. I guess i just dont pay attention to little things like that when they work fine how they are.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

With this mod are you just taking the TSX light and putting it into the Evo headlight? Or are they also doing something to the light to intensify it to make it brighter/whiter?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

They're putting the TSX projector into the Evo headlight.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

i can not wait to get this mod done to my jdm headlights
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 208 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by NewEvolutionIX
With this mod are you just taking the TSX light and putting it into the Evo headlight? Or are they also doing something to the light to intensify it to make it brighter/whiter?
Not all projectors are created the same. You can use the same Philips 4100k bulb in one projector and the output may look whiter and/or brighter than another projector. It's all in the optics of the lens, projector bowl, and shield. That said, some projectors output much more blue/purple around the cutoff, because not all cutoff's are the same either....

I could go on and on...but I wont.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ill_take_one
Not all projectors are created the same. You can use the same Philips 4100k bulb in one projector and the output may look whiter and/or brighter than another projector. It's all in the optics of the lens, projector bowl, and shield. That said, some projectors output much more blue/purple around the cutoff, because not all cutoff's are the same either....

I could go on and on...but I wont.

No thats good, I got it now. Thanks! I wasnt totally sure what they did.

Quick Reply: JDM Headlight Projector Retrofit