Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Which custom fender?
STi Fender Flares
10.45%
Evo 6 Fender Flares
14.93%
Cyber Evo Add-on Fender Flares
34.33%
Modified Voltex widebody
29.85%
No they don't work
10.45%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Custom Rear Fender

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Rear Fender

Today I talked with my friend who is a manufacturer of body kits, we realized that there are some front fenders in the market like Garage HRS (and replica of HRS by Seibon), Chargespeed and Varis but there is no rear fender or fender flare besides Voltex and the APR widebody kit which might be too aggressive. And what I see is that quite many Evo owners are not happy with their fenders after rolled, some of them are kinda messed up or not perfect. However the trend makes 9 inches rims with +29 offset have even become a conservative set up nowadays, which still need to roll the fenders .

So I would like to hear if you guys are interested in a set of custom rear fender flare of Evo. And I came up with some ideas and my friend will decide which to make by considering what you guys like the most. The material is possibly Polyurethane and the price should be around $200 per set depends on style.

1) 05+ STi fender flare style: It doesn't really make the car wider but just to cover the messed up fender after rolling. You can even cut the fender like the STi.

2) Evo 6 fender flare style: We miss the fender flare from Evo 6, but have to figure out what to do with the rear bumper part.

3) Add-on on Cyber Evo Voltex widebody: They put it on the Voltex kit to make it even wider but I am thinking just put it on our stock body. (Note: ONLY the add-on piece, not including the Voltex kit)

4) Modified Voltex kit: SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY PHOTOSHOP , appreciated if someone can make it better and post here, anyway my idea is something like the Voltex kit but not going all the way to the rear bumper and the side skirt, so it can fit both USDM and JDM rear bumper. However if it's being made 30mm wide like the Voltex kit, the wheels will still suck in even if we run on 10 inches with +twenty something offset, so I would say a "mild-version" of Voltex kit like only 10 or 15mm. But it would be more expensive than other choices as there are 2 large pieces each side.

Sorry for using the STi pics from nasioc .

Last edited by jcrb; Mar 2, 2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I voted for the modified Voltex idea. The Voltex fenders look good from the front but horrendously unfinished from the sides and the back. If you could modify the design so that it actually blended with the lines of the car smoothly and didn't abruptly end like the Voltex does, I would definitely purchase a set
Old Mar 2, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Excellent point.
I'm planning on going with voltex wide body set up in the future; however, never really like the tacked on look of their rear overfender setup. What makes the situation even worse is evo already has the wider fenders from the factory (from lancers). My personal preference would be a slightly less wider version of APR wide body kit that could accomodate jdm rear bumper.

I love the look of this car. How about rear set up similar to this car.
Sorry I could not find any close up pics of the rear fenders.

Just my two cents.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Great idea. I found some pics of the DO-LUCK rears and love them. Like the APRS, but much more smooth.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sti2evo9mr
Excellent point.
I'm planning on going with voltex wide body set up in the future; however, never really like the tacked on look of their rear overfender setup. What makes the situation even worse is evo already has the wider fenders from the factory (from lancers). My personal preference would be a slightly less wider version of APR wide body kit that could accomodate jdm rear bumper.

I love the look of this car. How about rear set up similar to this car.
Sorry I could not find any close up pics of the rear fenders.

Just my two cents.
that's a great idea, but I am thinking if there will be hella lot of body work to put on a widebody kit that based on the APR one, you have to repaint the whole quarter panel and it might already cost more than a grand. If it is just a piece of overfender (for sure blended better than the voltex one), you probably can get all the things done within $700.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 01:54 AM
Evolving Member

speak up guys!
Old Mar 3, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I would say whatever you can come up with that lets the end user run an aggresive
offset wheel with 265/275 tires and flow with the body with minimal
work would sell. I would buy a set no doubt. I would look at the wider front
fenders and just make sure it would go with your add ons.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

the idea of the modified black one with the jdm rear sounds good...
Old Mar 3, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

I really like the E6 style, but doubt it'd flow nicely with the rest of the lines of an E8/E9.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

i vote for Cyber Evo Add-on Fender Flares
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Cyber evo add on imo.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

I like the cyber evo add-on
Old Mar 3, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

i agree with the cyber evo add on.....or something custom that compliments the car and not like the voltex where you can see the lines and just looks ugly and does not flow with the car. people are always looking for something unique since everything else has been done over and over. you should really look into coming up with something new and im sure if it looks good, it will sell easily.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

I cant find the thread but some guy on here had a shop flare the fender to look bmw-ish and it looked pretty solid.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is it just me, or shouldnt the voltex kit be blended with composite or plastic to the car and then sanded and repainted?? I always thought people just stuck them on there and never fully installed it.

Quick Reply: Custom Rear Fender