Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Any Interest in a USDM evo IX JDM rear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2008 | 12:03 PM
Account Disabled

Any Interest in a USDM evo IX JDM rear?

I do believe this is the appropriate forum to discuss this..

Would people be interested in an Evo IX JDM rear that is USDM Spec. This would not require the rear bar removal.

It would be polyurethane and made in the USA on American made materials as well.

Would you want to keep everything the same, rear plate section etc? any changes?

Let me Know Please! I want to gauge the interest here. thank you.

Old Mar 26, 2008 | 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Nope cause it wouldnt be the legit part. Maybe others want the look and fake the funk.

Modify your stock "5mph" Crashbeam. "Modify" is part of the scene.

But thats my 2cents. I know many others out there that would love the idea. So i say go for it.

Yet the price you pay for the bumper and then paint would rape higher then the JDM IX rears.
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a good idea, i'll like to see the difference in looks.....
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Would it look exactly the same, and is it possible to make it so that it would even fit over the rear crash beam?
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gary 805
Nope cause it wouldnt be the legit part. Maybe others want the look and fake the funk.

Modify your stock "5mph" Crashbeam. "Modify" is part of the scene.

But thats my 2cents. I know many others out there that would love the idea. So i say go for it.

Yet the price you pay for the bumper and then paint would rape higher then the JDM IX rears.
5mph, scene, funk
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

maybe if it fit like the jdm one. There are a lot of copies out there and the fit is really bad.
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 12:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Klutch-FDG
Would it look exactly the same, and is it possible to make it so that it would even fit over the rear crash beam?
You know it may very well be possible to extend the JDM rear just barely enough to clear the rear crash beam but to not take away from the look, it would essentially look the same, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

Im just curious if there are people out there who really want to keep their rebars, enough to validate production of the piece..
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

But the whole look of the JDM rear is having it thin as possible.

Modd'n the crashbar to fit the JDM is so easy and simple dont know why it would be so much of a issue.
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

I think that if it looked exactly the same and we can keep the rear crash bar and if the price is not just 50 to 100 $$ cheaper it would be a deal because if i had that option but if its just $100.00 cheaper i would rather just buy the real stuff it would have to be significantly cheaper..
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Factory paint matched JDM rear = $600 shipped
Skilled welder to modify rebar = 6 pack beer of choice
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

I would ABSOLUTELY be interested in this. All the people modifying/talking about modifying the crash bar clearly do not care about their insurance. Obviously the crash beam is useless in collisions above 5-10mph, but if any of you believe your insurance would take that into account when deciding to deny your claim, you may want to learn how businesses work.

If you could make a piece that looked identical but did not require removal of the crash bar and came in at a competitive price, I would buy one without hesitation.
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 72Tornado
I would ABSOLUTELY be interested in this. All the people modifying/talking about modifying the crash bar clearly do not care about their insurance. Obviously the crash beam is useless in collisions above 5-10mph, but if any of you believe your insurance would take that into account when deciding to deny your claim, you may want to learn how businesses work.

If you could make a piece that looked identical but did not require removal of the crash bar and came in at a competitive price, I would buy one without hesitation.
I have to agree, and pre-painted just like the others.
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

well if your insurance company is that strict then wow........there are ways around that clause and half the time they don't know the difference between a modified beam or not. take it to a shop you know when the check the damage.........heck no I wouldn't consider though cause it won't be JDM......it would have that bubble butt apearance like the USDM one looks........
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

I have to paint a JDM rear either way I go being BBY, so the cheaper the price and the better the fit is the way I'd go. If the fit is excellent, the price is great, and it looks as good as the JDM IX rear, I'd be very interested.
Old Mar 26, 2008 | 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'd buy a replica if it was cheaper, and was identical to the JDM 9. If its a little longer to compensate for the crash beam, I dont think it will look as good. Part of what makes that bumper so badass (IMO) is that it dont stick out so far. But who cares what I think I already have a JDM 9 bumper anyways.

Quick Reply: Any Interest in a USDM evo IX JDM rear?