Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Look what the DHL man brang just now!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look what the DHL man brang just now!!

well i been waiting for about a good 3 weeks since i ordered i mean driveline you guys were very courteous and what not by calling me and informing me of what happened , but telling me a certain date and then i never received it did **** me off. anyways here it is guys my JDP carbon fiber SE lip.

i was relieved it came wraped in bubble wrap which was good.

quality looks pretty good came with no instructions or screws so i figure im gonna see what happens on friday when i try installing. (sorry about my leg in the pic)

only thing i wasnt too happy about was there were two small scratches on the right hand side not sure what caused them or thats how the material was see if you can notice at all they are above my fingers.

all in all the quality seems pretty good, i feel the lip was worth it for the price. because i damn sure know i wouldnt spend $700 on a do luck or ralliart lip.
ill have more pics of it installed by the weekend
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

nice, I cant even see the two small scratches in the pics. Throw that sucka on quick.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

as soon as friday hits thats the first thing on my list of to do things for the day. im dying to see how it looks on the car
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

i dont notice any scratches. how much did that run you?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

$450 shipped but like i said above, the guy i spoke to told me it would be at my location by the week after and the week after turned into 3 weeks. like i said i feel it was worth the money but the time it took did **** me off lol when im told it will be at my house at a certain time i expect it there ya know
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good. I'm sure you'll be happy when its finally on the car.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:21 AM
JDP

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
$450 shipped but like i said above, the guy i spoke to told me it would be at my location by the week after and the week after turned into 3 weeks. like i said i feel it was worth the money but the time it took did **** me off lol when im told it will be at my house at a certain time i expect it there ya know
Sorry for the delay. I'm a one man shop and was back ordered.

In regards to installation, here's a quick guide:

- Remove entire bumper. Do not attempt to install the lip when the bumper is on the car.
- Roll out a couple of towls to place the lip on the floor.
- When the bumper is removed, you will have to remove the existing lip, air cooler duct, and brackets holding up the mesh grill. Keep the existing screws that holds up the original lip as you will be reusing them.
- Place the bumper on top of the lip.
- You will need a drill pilot holes. Compare the diameter of the screw with the diameter of the drill bit. You're looking for a drill bit that is slight smaller (not too small).
- Align the bumper on the lip. Have a buddy hold the bumper down as you start drilling. After drilling a hole be sure to use a handle held screw driver to hand tight the screws (do not use a powered drill to tighten).
- Do not move on drilling another hole until you've fasten the screw in. I know this can be a pain because you're interchanging tools after each hole.
- Start with the two ends first, then middle, and then everything else.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by JDP; Mar 31, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice, cant wait to see it on!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
I apologize that your order took longer than expected. Both JDP and DriveLine were extremely backed up with orders, and were not expecting the production times to the as long as they did. With JDP being a one-man show, lead times can take longer than what we had initially expected.

As for the screws and instructions, we do not provide any hardware since you are able to re-use the factory clips and screws. If you ever needed any help installing this lip, you can either give us or JDP a call and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Thank for your your business! We appreciate it

If you ever need anything else, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help you out.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
For something that delicate and expensive you'd think they could have at least wrapped the entire thing with bubble wrap.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor

I Believe these scratches you are referring to in the picture are actually small indents/imperfections in the clear coat resin.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by S2kracka
For something that delicate and expensive you'd think they could have at least wrapped the entire thing with bubble wrap.
We have shipped out over 100+ lips and have yet to see any damage to any of them. All of our shipments come come at a very low cost as well as free insurance. If anything were to happen to any of our products during transit, we would cover the cost of replacing the product as well as the shipping charges.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

driveline sales seems to really back up their stuff. met eric two week ago. Cool vendor and will definitely have my business again.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good, I would blame DHL, my order (from somewhere else) was supposed to be delivered last week and I check tracking and it was sent to wrong city, state location, so my wait will continue....lol

Quick Reply: Look what the DHL man brang just now!!