Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Atlantic Motorsports Built Evo Anti-Lag!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually Adam, you lose and you are going to get kicked in the nuts as your consolatory prize. The plugs in reference are commonly called "freeze" plugs but are in fact truly "core" plugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_plug

Read all of it.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

um, greg that article proved me right and him wrong. Maybe the name is wrong but the idea is exactly what I said. And how would he kno what blew out? I was there when it happened and saw the motor. Also helped put it back in so he could drive back to his house
Old Apr 9, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Adam, I thought you had a decent grasp of the English language and good reading comprehension skills?

From the link I posted:
"Most of the plugs to be found on an engine are actually to plug the holes where sand cores have been held. The sand cores are used in the casting process to form internal cavities in the engine block or cylinder head, for cooling water for example, and so should really be referred to as core plugs."

Please don't tell me that I don't know what blew out. I don't even have to see his engine to know what did. Don't you think I've had plenty of personal experience with the 4G63? Lord knows I've built enough of them... Yes, the plug you had to put back in is commonly referred to as a freeze plug. Yes, the plugs do have the added benefit of popping out IF the coolant freezes and expands or if there is a leak in the headgasket allowing exhaust gases to enter the coolant passages thereby pressurizing it. BUT, the reason those plugs are there is because you can't make the block without them and hence their true purpose is so that the block can be made. That makes the newbie right and you wrong.

Your nipples are going to hurt on Saturday.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

none of that was there when the link opened for me. I'm viewing on phone tho, so maybe that's why.