Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Help!!! new CF but noticed 2 big yellow spots

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008 | 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Help!!! new CF but noticed 2 big yellow spots

i recently bought a chargespeed CF OEM hood from Versus motorsport here in SOCAL they are the autherize dealer for chargespeed here in the U.S. i install the hood on monday the first thing i notice where a bunch of straches then today when i was cleaning the car i notice two big yellow fading spot on the hood. Do you guys think they will exchange it for me and give me a new one i called there store todya buy they are closed on weekend. I spent 1,000 on this hood and i dodnt want to be stuck with a hood with 2 yellow fading spots and a bunch of strached
Old Apr 5, 2008 | 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

i would contact them asap, if you spent that much they need to exchange it or something.
Old Apr 5, 2008 | 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

pictures please before you send the hood back if you do or get a refund take pics of it and post so people know this brand and what your getting how much did it cost you? because i bought a vis cf hood once for my se-r spec v and they wanted a 30% restockage fee or some bs like that i took pictures and emailed it to them and they took the hood back and gave me a new one and didnt charge me for the stockage fee so vis is good after i sent the pics they were very helpful i would expect everyone to be if i spent almost 700 on a hood. well good luck
Old Apr 5, 2008 | 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

why dont you contact the shop first?
Old Apr 6, 2008 | 01:11 AM
Evolving Member

they are closed i have to wait til monday they better replace my hood i paid alot of money on it
Old Apr 6, 2008 | 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

I doubt they will charge a re-stocking fee if it is a defect in the hood. That usually applies for someone who orders the wrong part or changes their mind.
Old Apr 6, 2008 | 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

hopefully they replace it. I've never heard of Versus motorsports in socali before though. goodluck
Old Apr 6, 2008 | 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

pics please
Old Apr 8, 2008 | 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

problem solved!!!
Old Apr 22, 2008 | 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! I SENT THIS MORON $500 FOR A JDM BUMPER HE CLAIMED HE HAD AND NEVER SENT IT!!!! he sent me a fake tracking number and gave me a bull**** story of how the bumper was "cracked" and he had to wait to get a new one. Then he had the nerve to say I was a pain to deal with and was crying when i kept asking about his credentials....Said "ive been on here for 4 years....meanwhile he has 90 posts and no feedback. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST DO NOT DO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!!!
Old Apr 22, 2008 | 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy242
problem solved!!!

...?
Old Apr 23, 2008 | 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackTypeS
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! I SENT THIS MORON $500 FOR A JDM BUMPER HE CLAIMED HE HAD AND NEVER SENT IT!!!! he sent me a fake tracking number and gave me a bull**** story of how the bumper was "cracked" and he had to wait to get a new one. Then he had the nerve to say I was a pain to deal with and was crying when i kept asking about his credentials....Said "ive been on here for 4 years....meanwhile he has 90 posts and no feedback. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST DO NOT DO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!!!
Wow this guys seems hot with jimmy.....this is like the 3rd time I seen this posted by him about jimmy...lol....
Old Apr 23, 2008 | 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackTypeS
Dude! Give him a negative feedback then! I'm tired of people complaining about getting ripped off then fail to give the "scam artist" a negative feedback. So you don't care if he rips someone else off or what???

To the OP, serves you right. Anyone in their right mind would get that problem solved asap and would not need any advice for it. Then you got your problem solved but did not inform us of how it was resolved.
Old Apr 23, 2008 | 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

^^very good point, if someone rips you off make sure you denote it in their feedback and take the proper action to rectify the situation, and before you buy check someones rating. hell i had a guy screw me over with a turbo kit and he left me negative feedback because i was being bothersome?????? lol his account is now disabled on here, paypal, and another guy he screwed over was having him arrested. ooooo what a wicked web
Old Apr 23, 2008 | 03:03 PM

sounds like a very inexperienced carbon purchaser. #1 when you get your new hood you have to immediately bring it to a body shop and get a clear coat put on it. if you don't, that chargespeed hood is gonna turn yellow real quick. there should be a note on a piece of paper in the box stating that there is no clear coat on it. because if the new one turns yellow, you'll be SOL.