Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Show yor Valentine 1's!

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2008 | 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Show yor Valentine 1's!

I wanna see the locations people put there v1 radars at!

Post up!
Old May 23, 2008 | 07:41 AM

Can you really go anywhere besides smack in the middle of the windshield? I wish I could hide mine better but I want it to be able to see to the sides and thru the rear window.
Old May 23, 2008 | 08:09 AM
Former Sponsor

So much V1 love lately!!! I posted this up in another thread yesterday. Here's my set-up. Here are the YouTube videos of my modified concealed display. This is the stock start-up and this is the modified concealed display start-up.

The actual V1 unit is located as close to the top of the windshield as possible while still allowing the rear radar horn to see out of the back window. I have a concealed display located where the hazard button should be so that I don't have any stray roadtrippers trying to tail me and mooch of my detector The LEDs were changed out for easy radar bend recognition

Old May 23, 2008 | 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Love the way you hardwired it in. I'm considering getting one but when I see the cables running through the cabins of the car I just ... Anyway, how long did it take you to get it wired so nicely up there?
Old May 23, 2008 | 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

thats a very clean setup u got. I remember you commented that I should hardwire my x50 in and definitely looking to do that as well. I may be going off topic but i wish our cars came with the top portion of the windshield shaded/tinted. I had my radar mounted right near that cutoff line in my other car and I love how it kind of concealed the radar. Now with the evo, the radar just sits there for everyone to see
Old May 23, 2008 | 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Toxin
Love the way you hardwired it in. I'm considering getting one but when I see the cables running through the cabins of the car I just ... Anyway, how long did it take you to get it wired so nicely up there?
It took maybe an hour or so including tapping into the 12V power source It's really not terrible at all and I definitely recommend you doing so! Seeing the long cord hanging down is just another excuse for an officer to pull you over
Old May 23, 2008 | 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by porsherules911
thats a very clean setup u got. I remember you commented that I should hardwire my x50 in and definitely looking to do that as well. I may be going off topic but i wish our cars came with the top portion of the windshield shaded/tinted. I had my radar mounted right near that cutoff line in my other car and I love how it kind of concealed the radar. Now with the evo, the radar just sits there for everyone to see
Much appreciated, thank you I'm all for hardwiring because it looks cleaner and draws a little less attention to an already eye-catching car

The only thing you need to worry about with a tinted upper portion of the windshield is that sometimes there are instances of metal in the tint and this can have a negative effect on the performance of your radar detector. Your detection range can decrease significantly as a result of the interference
Old May 23, 2008 | 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 201Motorsports
It took maybe an hour or so including tapping into the 12V power source It's really not terrible at all and I definitely recommend you doing so! Seeing the long cord hanging down is just another excuse for an officer to pull you over
Very nice set up you got there. I will be PMing you so you can tell me how to, when i get one.

Keep them coming!
Old May 23, 2008 | 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by importjake00
Very nice set up you got there. I will be PMing you so you can tell me how to, when i get one.

Keep them coming!
Sounds good to me It's really easy... I used the cigarette lighter as my source for the 12V just for future reference.
Old May 23, 2008 | 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

I need one
Old May 23, 2008 | 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

I have had not one, but TWO V1's stolen from me. One broke into the M3 and smashed some stuff, and the same to the evo and caused a few scratches. I don't have pics of the M3, but here are some of the Evo.

Haven't had the heart to purchase a 3rd one yet.
Old May 23, 2008 | 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 201Motorsports
Much appreciated, thank you I'm all for hardwiring because it looks cleaner and draws a little less attention to an already eye-catching car

The only thing you need to worry about with a tinted upper portion of the windshield is that sometimes there are instances of metal in the tint and this can have a negative effect on the performance of your radar detector. Your detection range can decrease significantly as a result of the interference
I've got mine mounted exactly where 201 has it... its great cuz I've actually been pulled over and the cop didn't see it AT ALL. In addition I got the tint band strip up there, so the V1's front sensor sits JUST below the tint... very stealth. I'll tkae pix l8r...

I installed mine via a fuse tap, wire up the a-pillar and tucked under the headliner
Old May 23, 2008 | 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kingman4
I've got mine mounted exactly where 201 has it... its great cuz I've actually been pulled over and the cop didn't see it AT ALL. In addition I got the tint band strip up there, so the V1's front sensor sits JUST below the tint... very stealth. I'll tkae pix l8r...

I installed mine via a fuse tap, wire up the a-pillar and tucked under the headliner
Nice That's exactly what I did minus the fuse tap... I was going to do so, but I didn't have any laying around to my surprise (great planning on my part, right?) and just decided to be impatient and use the cigarette lighter wire
Old May 23, 2008 | 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Here's my V1. Main unit is located in the rear deck. This radar saved me so many time that's why I never leave home without it.

Old May 23, 2008 | 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

100000000 times more baller than my set up by far. That's AWESOME!

Quick Reply: Show yor Valentine 1's!