Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My VIII with P45's and Stance coilies

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnboy1065
looks great man! what kinda paint did you use on them???
Thanks man. I was going to get them powder coated but it was going to cost nearly $500. I just prepped them myself, used regular auto paint applied with a gun and then clear coated. I think they turned out ok.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kins
Yes I believe the rota's are a low pressure cast wheel. Not as light or as strong as a forged wheel but for the price I aint complaining.

I believe the Rota P45r is a copy of the Nismo LMGT4 (made by Rays Engineering). You see a lot of skylines with them on.

I think you'll pay just short of $600 a rim for retail on these.... but you can get them in a fitment that will work on an Evo.

Please correct me if I'm wrong peeps.

Either way it's a sick wheel design to be begin with.

Thanks a lot for the info, Im prolly willing to drop the extra dough on a stronger rim so they dont disintegrate at the track... but they are a great design and your are absolutely correct that you cant beat Rotas price for the look.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Protostar1
Thanks a lot for the info, Im prolly willing to drop the extra dough on a stronger rim so they dont disintegrate at the track... but they are a great design and your are absolutely correct that you cant beat Rotas price for the look.
I've seen plenty of guys on this forum that use the p45r on track.... trust me they won't disintergrate.... look at the spokes dude they're beefy as hell. If you go for the LMGT4 you will certainly have a lighter, stronger wheel though, reducing unsprung mass which you'd see gains on track. On the flip side.... do you really want to be scuffing up $600 a corner rims on the track!? I guess it depends on how much of a baller you are
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kins
I've seen plenty of guys on this forum that use the p45r on track.... trust me they won't disintergrate.... look at the spokes dude they're beefy as hell. If you go for the LMGT4 you will certainly have a lighter, stronger wheel though, reducing unsprung mass which you'd see gains on track. On the flip side.... do you really want to be scuffing up $600 a corner rims on the track!? I guess it depends on how much of a baller you are
Major baller I have almost nonexistent damage to the rims on any of my cars (surprisingly) and I run hard at the track. Actually my evo has had the least amount of track time and has the most damage to the finish on the wheels. No scuffs but small dings and chips which is more likely from highway use than track. Rotas are not outta the question because of their delectable price, but I still lean towards droppin the bank on a choice set of forged pieces. Again, thanks for the info though
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and if you would, PM with the price you got on those, who from, finish work, color, modification work to fit them, spacers etc. Anything and everything you can give me! Thanks again!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats sick
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Protostar1
Oh and if you would, PM with the price you got on those, who from, finish work, color, modification work to fit them, spacers etc. Anything and everything you can give me! Thanks again!
I bought them used off here...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=331848

A big mistake and an absolute nightmare. Do not buy off "Spooch". It took the guy over 2 months to ship 3 wheels which he just threw in a box with no packaging, needless to say the rims were badly damaged when I received them.... I had to call him like 500 times... on his cell, his friend(who's paypal he used)... the only way I could get hold of him was to call him at his work. I had to threaten court action to even get the 4th wheel. I was supposed to be getting extended studs, spacers and lug nuts which he never sent. The guys a complete dick, a liar, a con man and a complete waste of time. Again warning do not buy from this guy! I've left him bad seller feedback and reported him to a mod.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread I refinished the wheels myself... sanded them down and used regular auto paint with a clear coat. They were hyper silver but are now a custom gun metal color. You need at least a 5mm spacer to clear on the front and the rear arches need to be rolled.

If I were to do it all over.... I wish I had bought off wheeldude. He is the man for rota's and is a vendor on this site.

http://www.wheeldude.com/wordpress/w...eels/rota-p45r

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help out.

Last edited by Kins; Jul 7, 2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks a lot. I actually think the Rotas look a little better then the real deal LMGT4s... I wish they made a forged rim though for strength and weight
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

I think there actually a copy of a Bee R rim.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking the wheels.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

those are sexy
Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Nice, great work