Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

new look of the whip

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008 | 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

the front bumper is pretty- rice. Thats just my opinion. I don't see what that bumper does for improved performance, and the extension of the nose does not go well with the JDM rear which reduces the length in the rear.

The CF truck fitment looks like the usual truck fitments i have seen for EVO with CF trucks. However, it makes the car look cheap when the lines don't match. Kinda reminds me of repainting a panel on your car that is just a hair of a shade off from the correct color- it stands out and really dims the shine of the rest of the car.

Lose the front end and repair/replace the truck, aside from that, the rest of the car is pretty nice. I love those tails against the Cf truck and the wheels with those nuts are a good combo.
I feel you are close to making a great looking car. If you can't get a part to fit correctly, or a part that changes the overall lines of the car, you're really not picking parts that complement the the jagged edges of the EVO. If the EVO were more rounded, that bumper would probably be fine, but it's obvious that bumper is not stock, and you really can';t beat OEM quality, fit, and finish. Get the IX front end fo sho.
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

I like the car it looks good but the only thing that I don't like is the front end, I've seen that on a few cars now and I'd rather see a ix bumper with a lip on it
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 01:56 PM
Account Disabled

dont likethat front bumper AT ALL!
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 02:56 PM

She is sweet!!!!!!!
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 03:00 PM

Very nice
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 03:03 PM

change the front. i like the rest of the car. the red touch on the wheels looks different.
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Looks sick, too lazy to read all 4 pages, pm me how you got the rims that way, might wanna do that as well
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Would look real nice with some after market sides. Still looks good though.
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

sick front looks a little wierd
Old Jul 31, 2008 | 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

first look I wasnt feeling it, but after looking at all the pics, it looks smooth as hell! Nice job!
Old Jul 31, 2008 | 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Very clean looking. How do you like the Carbon fiber roof?
Old Jul 31, 2008 | 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

ick oem 7 tails... i hate that the turn signals are pink... you should get with evodave to modify those, or make you new tails that are 7 style, but not ghey pink
Old Jul 31, 2008 | 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

I must be color blind. They look red to me.
Old Jul 31, 2008 | 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR
the front bumper is pretty- rice. Thats just my opinion. I don't see what that bumper does for improved performance, and the extension of the nose does not go well with the JDM rear which reduces the length in the rear.

The CF truck fitment looks like the usual truck fitments i have seen for EVO with CF trucks. However, it makes the car look cheap when the lines don't match. Kinda reminds me of repainting a panel on your car that is just a hair of a shade off from the correct color- it stands out and really dims the shine of the rest of the car.

Lose the front end and repair/replace the truck, aside from that, the rest of the car is pretty nice. I love those tails against the Cf truck and the wheels with those nuts are a good combo.
I feel you are close to making a great looking car. If you can't get a part to fit correctly, or a part that changes the overall lines of the car, you're really not picking parts that complement the the jagged edges of the EVO. If the EVO were more rounded, that bumper would probably be fine, but it's obvious that bumper is not stock, and you really can';t beat OEM quality, fit, and finish. Get the IX front end fo sho.
i appreciate the input...

but i figured the roundness of the front bumper will compliment the voltex diffuser's roundness

i ordered the canards and we'll see the "flow" den
Old Jul 31, 2008 | 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Deadly!!!!

Quick Reply: new look of the whip