Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Do they make a Hood "bra" for the Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008 | 08:11 PM

Do they make a Hood "bra" for the Evo?

Hey yall... I did a quick search and couldnt find anything on the topic so here I am. I am looking for a hood bra for my Evo IX... I have a lot of rock chips on the hood I want to cover up. Would an 03 Lancer hoodbra fit? i.e. are the hoods interchangeable? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2008 | 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Why not just get a 3m clear bra?
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 04:27 AM

Because I want to cover up some of the rock chips... Repairing them will cost several hundered dollars which I'd rather spend on gofast parts... Plus, I'm sure it will just chip again so I want to get a regular leather hoodbra to cover them up.
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

IIRC they do make a bra for the Evo because ive seen a few Evo's with them. Although I dont know where you can purchase one. Im also in the same position as you because my hood has rock chips but im going to bite the bullet and repaint my hood and front bumper and then have the 3m clear film applied.
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 04:47 AM

I have the same problem! I'm just going to deal with it until I can put a carbon hood on.
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 05:25 AM

I wonder if you could make your own bra or have an upholsterer make one? It can't be that hard. I think I'm going to stop at my Mitsubishi dealer to see if we can try another years bra. Will let ya know!
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 06:53 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Yes guys! They do make a bra for the Evo 7, 8 & 9!! I have the prototype for about a year now, but it is now available! MITSUBISHI makes a bra for the Evo 8, but NOT the 9.
I bought this bra from a woman from Belgium who had a brand-new Evo 9. After about a week, she decided to rally the car and gut it out! So, she told me she did not need the bra anymore. She originally had this bra custom-made when she bought the car new. I heard about it and bought the thing in a second! It fits perfectly and will also fit a 7 & 8 with no problems! It was designed to fit 7-9. There is NO center piece on the bra for the 8 'nose'. This is what gives it the 'universal fit'.
Problems? Yes, one: It is totally a one piece bra. You can NOT access the hood/bonnet without taking the whole piece off. It takes only seconds to remove! The sides, by the fenders have the typical bend-able pieces to form fit and the front edge, that goes under the bumper/ground effects is all elastic for a GREAT, tight fit! For those people who have an Evo SE/RALLIART-looking/Factory 'lip', it should fit your car too! Here is the main web site: www.autobra.co.uk Then, look for: 'MITSUBISHI', or you can go directly to:
http://www.autobra.co.uk/Shop/index.php/cPath/295

This is a UK company and they list the price as: 115.00, I am pretty sure that is in POUNDS and does NOT include shipping!! I am sorry, I do not have a working digital camera, otherwise, I would gladly post photos! But this company has a photo displayed. Also, each brake duct/intake area has a black screen/weave in front that might not be shown in their example! Also, if you have a factory, front license plate mounted, you might have to make some 'adjustments'...My front plate is located IN the left 'duct', so there are NO issues. ANY questions, please do not hesitate to ask! Good luck! -Howard

Last edited by NJ9MR; Aug 6, 2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

why not fix the chips with some touch-up paint?
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 08:01 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

clear bra sucks, well for us with WW's it would.
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR
Why not just get a 3m clear bra?
+1

That's what I did hood & headlights
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 10:08 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
why not fix the chips with some touch-up paint?
Because no sooner than you fix it, it will happen again. It will never end! Only worry with a bra is that when it rains, or snows, you have to remove it, or risk 'clouding-up' your paint. Some clear stick-on bras can discolor. You have to find the right ones! I clear-covered my JDM Head Lights. No problem!
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

JDM Victoria Secret part# 73571TB they around $320.
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 05:23 PM

I tried touch up paint and I made it worse! LOL... Never said I was a bodyman. Thats the main reason I want the bra.
Old Aug 6, 2008 | 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Pic of what you want don't know where he got it.

Old Aug 6, 2008 | 07:56 PM

Thats exactly what I want... I'll keep looking for it!

Quick Reply: Do they make a Hood "bra" for the Evo?