Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Couple pics of my buddies VIII with blue LEDs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008 | 05:45 AM

Pics at Nics Shop

You guys need to know when to accept some new ideas. Its sad when you see the silver and black on the body and bumper and that gives you the right to pass judgment on the whole car!

Ya they are hood pins. Flame on!!

Last edited by aspensvt16; Aug 21, 2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 11:06 AM

wow great job
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 11:55 AM
Former Vendor

I hope those aren't the pvc leds. I did this awhile ago. really wasn't a hit.

I did have great success with them on the tails copying the skyline style but so far the technology on most strip lights suck.

Good luck I hope they last.
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aspensvt16
Pics at Nics Shop

You guys need to know when to accept some new ideas. Its sad when you see the silver and black on the body and bumper and that gives you the right to pass judgment on the whole car!

Ya they are hood pins. Flame on!!
dont get me wrong.. the lights look "cool".. maybe if u were on E or somethin.. but the paint job does not! its actually ugly imho.. 1 solid color would be better.. shouldve opted for some decals or somethin
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 12:51 PM

I think I need a change of underwear.

how was this done by the way?
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 01:00 PM

you should paint the car one color
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

...lol.
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Why rice out an EVO? The stock lights are perfect.
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 05:32 PM

The LED can be turned off and then its just the regular lights. He also painted the inside housing Apex silver which looks sweet in the day light. Then he added the 2nd projector in place of the foglights. You really have to see them in person! No camera can show how good they really look in person! As for the two tone paint i got board of seeing the same old stuff... I think you all are brain washed into thinking your cars have to be one color. I have NOT ran into anyone who has not liked it in person. Its different but i like it thats all that counts To each there own!

Besides i race auto cross i dont want to spend $400 to get a bumper painted apex silver every time i hit a cone.

I had alot of people at the car show asking about the headlights and who had done them for me. Once again never running into someone who had anything bad to say about the two tone or the headlights! So flame on you all hate to see rice but your all driving it right now!

Thanks again Nic i cant wait for the EVO X headlights come back!
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

hey man i like the lights. and dont worry about being "rice" at least your striving to be unique, i like the looks its def different than every other evo out there thats exactly the same. keep it going bro and post more pics when you get some
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 06:21 PM

Thanks man, I work hard every day just to put a little bit of money into the EVO. Hopefully it should all look right when im done it . Its still a work in progress! Ill take more pictures and post it up ASAP. Some day will have alot of Rexpeed stuff on it and a set of Tenzo R rims!
Old Aug 21, 2008 | 09:51 PM

Looks like the Iron Man core
Old Aug 24, 2008 | 09:19 AM
bao
Evolving Member

i think it would look better with white L.E.D.'s? paint im not too much of a two tone fan but it is functional to you.(autox)
Old Aug 24, 2008 | 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

I think the led's look sweet! The paint job, not so much
Old Aug 24, 2008 | 07:02 PM

Cool thing about the headlights is that they can be changed, The only reason he went with the blue is its what he had on hand and he only had 2 days before a car show i enterd my car into in ND. Nic is going to change them out to white so i can drive around with them on. He has unlimited solutions, Demon eyes, Halo mods, Painting to match the car color down to a tee. What ever color you would like! I have to give him props he put his work on my car. And he worked 2 days straight to get them done for me. I dont have ALOT of cash due to car payments and rent so my mods resemble what i can afford! I hit a cone at 52mph in Auto cross and allmost broke my bumper in half. So its easy to paint gloss black and fiber glass it back together myself if its breaks. It was flat black without the graphics on the door for the longest time! I love evos and i know none of you are trying be harsh about the layout of my car. But its what i put my sole into. So just remember im not here to persuade you into doing the same . Just wait 2 more years and you will change your mind about my choice of car layout when its finished!

Thanks for all the posts, but this is not about me its about Nic and his work with headlights. I really do think you all would be imressed with his work and should
PM him about some ideas!

I know your going to like this one!!!!

Me and my Car Clubs Models!! I know i look rough!

Quick Reply: Couple pics of my buddies VIII with blue LEDs