Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The project is great but two things IMO need some attention,1 The rear drums need disc swap and the Exhaust tip needs to come off it looks cheap and gay.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:44 PM

Try getting the evo vi tme kit from accolade. Body-kit.com they have go prices. Im waiting for my kit to get here.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why are your coilovers installed that way, they need a 90 degree turn in the front

great job on the build and good luck with the engine/tranny and make sure you know how to handle 300+whp before you crash it

for your age you seem to be a very sharp cookie, keep it up and don't listen to the haters; but don't think you know it all, learn from your elders ftw!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Daboyuknow
Try getting the evo vi tme kit from accolade. Body-kit.com they have go prices. Im waiting for my kit to get here.
And you sir, good luck with that POS kit. I'm allowed to say it since I own it.
Not really to bash on them but in a nutshell its heavy, warped, dents, no parts align correctly, and no predrilled holes.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Evo666
And you sir, good luck with that POS kit. I'm allowed to say it since I own it.
Not really to bash on them but in a nutshell its heavy, warped, dents, no parts align correctly, and no predrilled holes.

thanks for the info. the kit didnt get here yet. do u think i should get my money back? dont want to spend money thats not worth it.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Well since you bought it, just go ahead and make the best of it.
Just hope its not warped like mine.
Ditch that hood and get a cf one since it would include a latch.
Show us your project since I have yet seen anyone else with the same kit as me.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Evo666
Well since you bought it, just go ahead and make the best of it.
Just hope its not warped like mine.
Ditch that hood and get a cf one since it would include a latch.
Show us your project since I have yet seen anyone else with the same kit as me.
im new to the forums ( just got me a computer lol) can someone tell me how to start a post?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

click "new thread" around the top left

make sure you tried to search for your question already...use google's search engine, it can find evom pages
Old Jul 16, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
@BEISSEN, I def. need a rear disc swap. I am thinking about installing Evo 8 brakes all around sometime soon, I just need to decide what I need to do to make everything work. I will likely have to have Evo 8 rotors re-drilled for my lug pattern, until I am ready for a 5-lug conversion. The exhaust will eventually go. I am thinking about just buying a JDM Evo 4-6 exhaust to make things easier down the road.

@MOREPSiTEHBETT4, the coilovers look to be installed fine. The TEIN text is parallel to the side of the car, like all other TEIN set-ups I have seen. Perhaps it's the angle?

Now as a bit of an update, I am 90% finished with my clutch replacement. I just have to tighten up the axle nut on the driver side and refill the transmission with fluid. And in other news, I have been collection a fair amount of goods, all to be revealed once I can take a nice drive for a photo-shoot.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:51 PM

Hey I have a question, does the Mirage body have room for a drive shaft on the underside?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:54 PM

One other thing, would putting the 4G63 and the RWD stuff in there be a very... fabrication demanding project for a Mirage?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
To answer your first question, yes there is a drive shaft tunnel. The chassis of this car is nearly identical to the Evo 6. Currently the exhaust runs through there. When it finally comes to installing the engine and drive train, as long as I have all necessary parts, it should be fairly straightforward. The essential parts needed are:

Evo 4-6 motor mounts
Evo 4-6 fuel tank
Evo 4-6 RS rear subframe and diff.

From there I will just need to slightly modify the trunk floor, create mounts for the subframe and driveshaft, and things should just piece together. There will be tons of little things to figure out but that is the bulk of the problem for most conversions.

I have to use an RS rear subframe because it doesn't use the AYC feature. Other subframes come with AYC, and I would have to get a new differential. There is an Evo 4 RS subframe on eBay right now, but I'm almost out of cash now
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

i wanna see this thing on some volks or somethin.

ur project has come along way!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by BCspeed34
To answer your first question, yes there is a drive shaft tunnel. The chassis of this car is nearly identical to the Evo 6. Currently the exhaust runs through there. When it finally comes to installing the engine and drive train, as long as I have all necessary parts, it should be fairly straightforward. The essential parts needed are:

Evo 4-6 motor mounts
Evo 4-6 fuel tank
Evo 4-6 RS rear subframe and diff.

From there I will just need to slightly modify the trunk floor, create mounts for the subframe and driveshaft, and things should just piece together. There will be tons of little things to figure out but that is the bulk of the problem for most conversions.

I have to use an RS rear subframe because it doesn't use the AYC feature. Other subframes come with AYC, and I would have to get a new differential. There is an Evo 4 RS subframe on eBay right now, but I'm almost out of cash now
Alright thanks man. How much would an EVO 6 motor, tranny and all the rear end stuff come out to be? I was thinking of just using an after market fuel cell.

Also, could I use a new Evo engine and tranny? I need something that is... not going to be hell to find.

Last edited by driftaholic87; Jul 16, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:22 PM

I wanted to know if u had the black housing head lights. ( the ones u had when u first started ) I would buy it from u if u still got them. That would help with ur cash flow.

Quick Reply: 98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME